• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Here is the Bok team we will not see. Definitely not.

Lambie, Hougaard, JdV, Steyn, Habana, Jantjes, Pienaar
Vermeulen, Alberts, Coetzee, Kruger, Etzebeth, Cilliers, Strauss, Beast

Instead exactly the same team that that fucked up to emphatically in Mendoza will play. I get the feeling that Meyer is not goinn to admit that he has been wrong anytime soon.

Our coaches seem to have a lot in common.

Wobs can bank the points now. Ariba, ariba, Handre, handre!

You are fond of the dramatic sweeping statements about how dire your coach and selected team are. You are also fond of predicting doom.

I also notice how Bok supporters have this knee-jerk "drop him" attitude after one bad test, even when the player is relatively new.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
You are fond of the dramatic sweeping statements about how dire your coach and selected team are. You are also fond of predicting doom.

I also notice how Bok supporters have this knee-jerk "drop him" attitude after one bad test, even when the player is relatively new.
Easy for you to say in your position when your team is winning and has done so for the past few years. I can assure you that South African rugby fans take their team's performance as seriously as you guys do in NZ and have the same expectation of success.

Are you suggesting that the average Kiwi rugby fan would not be outraged if the All Blacks were currently ranked 3rd in the world and had just drawn with Argentina? Would there be no "drop him" calls if there was a perceived provincial bias and a general feeling that a number of the best/better players had not been selected?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Thanks for that.

Now tell me, with facts, who should not be dropped. I am not sure which post of mine you are referring to and specifically which players.

Then tell me why you think it's not acceptable to be upset about an obviously broken game plan.

When you are done with that please explain where I have predicted all this doom?

It must be fun to sit on that All Black high horse right now, dishing out moral guidance.

If you have a problem with people speaking their minds ignore them but spare us the good two shoes attitude.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
c6f.gif

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Thanks for that.

Now tell me, with facts, who should not be dropped. I am not sure which post of mine you are referring to and specifically which players.

Then tell me why you think it's not acceptable to be upset about an obviously broken game plan.

When you are done with that please explain where I have predicted all this doom?

It must be fun to sit on that All Black high horse right now, dishing out moral guidance.

If you have a problem with people speaking their minds ignore them but spare us the good two shoes attitude.

Yeah, high horses feel good. Though, they aren't fun to fall off.:(

I must have confused you with supporters I read on keo. My apologies.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Boks game will be interesting if anything, for the various possible outcomes, most of which will disappoint the Wallaby fans. Here's what I mean:

(a) we beat the Boks, but in an unconvincing style (a la Wales series), with no game plan and pass it off to a poorly performing Bok outfit;

(b) Boks beat us, but in an unconvincing style, and we rue another poor performance;

(c) we beat Boks in glorious hard-fought win characterized by a combination of tries and solid defence;

(d) Same as (c) but Boks win;

(e) We slaughter Boks; or

(f) Same as (e) but Boks win.

With (a) - (d) and (f), fans will be shitty. I include (c) because a victory like that would prolong RD's tenure. And I just don't think (e)'s gonna happen.

T

tranquility

Few thoughts.

Taps in for Barnes.
Taps is the carbon-cut 12. He can't play 10, he can't play 13 despite being able to play both those positions. Make sense?

He has the striaght running game, that most agree Quade needs outside of him. However he is also creative, and has fantastic footwork. Good technical defender too. Unlike McCabe, BB, and others he has played 12 his whole life.

Berrick sucks. It's always the same. He goes well against weak opposition, but against top sides he gets too tense, puts his sook face on and boffs it. If he could just relax, he would probably be okay. But the world doesnt work on ifs, buts and maybes.

Horne? I dont know what to make of him. I was one of the blokes crowing about how he was the next Jason Little, but now he just seems like I dunno, the next James Holbeck? When he started at the Tahs he was smashing people in contact both with and without the ball. Ran great inside lines and generally out-thought his opposition player. When he was 19 playing against the Canes, Conrad Smith did some post-match commentary and basically said keep your eyeballs on that kid. What happened? I blame it, like most things on the Tahs. The ARU should make him go to a different franchise for the benefit of Australian rugby.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whatever the outcome, you can bet that there will be some mightily pissed of fans around. Whether they are Australian or South African is just semantics.

Is Bryce reffing this one?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^

A week off for travel and then back into it.

2012 Rugby Championship
8 September 2012: Australia vs South Africa at Patersons Stadium, Perth
Referee:N. Owens (WRU); AR: W. Barnes (RFU), G. Jackson (NZRU); TMO: M. Goddard (ARU)

Match officials above.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
We need to make a list of players who are crap because there no good and a list that are crap because deans doesn't know how to coach properly. It's to confusing without a pie chart to keep up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Berrick sucks. It's always the same. He goes well against weak opposition, but against top sides he gets too tense, puts his sook face on and boffs it. If he could just relax, he would probably be okay. But the world doesnt work on ifs, buts and maybes.

Barnes has played one bad test.

He was ok in the first Bledisloe; he made more tackles than anyone else on the field and a lot of our players were worse.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Taps in for Barnes.
Taps is the carbon-cut 12. He can't play 10, he can't play 13 despite being able to play both those positions. Make sense?

He has the striaght running game, that most agree Quade needs outside of him. However he is also creative, and has fantastic footwork. Good technical defender too. Unlike McCabe, BB, and others he has played 12 his whole life.

How much rugby has Taps played lately? My concern is that we keep bringing these guys back from injury too quickly and they keep getting hurt again.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't understand the criticism of Barnes.

The pack was being owned. Bollocked.

Genia was well out of sorts and did this weird wait for rain maneuver at every breakdown. The defense set and put a monstrous amount of pressure on the backline. After 50 minutes Genia looked the most clueless I have ever seen him.

Half the time Barnes was bopping around between 10 and 12 and if someone can explain the plan for me then please go for it.

He would have been a bloody genius if he had a good game behind all that.

None of us have stood behind a pack taking that much heat and had to perform. I'd say what was happening in front of Barnes on Saturday is roughly equivalent to the worst nightmare he could ever imagine having.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Can't understand the criticism of Barnes.

The pack was being owned. Bollocked.

Genia was well out of sorts and did this weird wait for rain maneuver at every breakdown. The defense set and put a monstrous amount of pressure on the backline. After 50 minutes Genia looked the most clueless I have ever seen him.

Half the time Barnes was bopping around between 10 and 12 and if someone can explain the plan for me then please go for it.

He would have been a bloody genius if he had a good game behind all that.

None of us have stood behind a pack taking that much heat and had to perform. I'd say what was happening in front of Barnes on Saturday is roughly equivalent to the worst nightmare he could ever imagine having.

I thought you'd been here long enough to know this works Blue. If Genia is having a bad game behind a struggling pack it is due to the stuggling pack.

If Barnes has a bad game after receiving the pass from Genia having a bad game behind a struggling pack it's because Barnes is shit.

If Cooper has a bad game after receiving the pass from Genia having a bad game behind a struggling pack it's because Robbie Deans is a terrible coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.