• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Doug,

You were warned to fire them up very early, and we took it as read that they were deployed. Good thing that you finally deployed the LRJ's cause we certainly needed their luckiness.

Sorry coach, I wont let it happen again, and I promise to 'play smarter' next week!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didn't miss too much. How did your GF go?

We missed you too AS. I thought you must have defected to the NRL!

No complete defection to the NRL Mr Doug just listening to it on the radio in the cab ride home from my clubs sponsor pub, but that was it I swear!

GF went fine Jarse, 24-15 victory, had to come back from 10-nil down! I'll be doing a write up on it in the Newcastle/Hunter Club Rugby thread later in the week.

I'll brace myself & still watch the replay, at the moment I'm just happy to see the Wallabies win.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Angry, I wouldn't be rushing to watch a replay of the 1st half - you'll find better ways to spend 40 mins of your life. You caught the best bits!

Watching it again given the comments I've read on here about the 1st half makes the decision to watch the replay a tough call VC. I think I'm going to go a bit masochistic & watch it. Pray for me.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Watching the "replay" on channel 9.

Someone needs to fix TPN's technique when cleaning out at rucks. He regularly enters from the side, normally from either over running it or boot bothering to correctly line up his entry.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quite handy having the ch Nein "live" game immediately after the Foxtel game. Saves having to line up the Foxtel IQ recorder to watch the game again.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From twitter:@iGreggsy I'm not an alcoholic, I only drink when Berrick kicks a grubber from our own 22. :)

S

Somethintosay

Wallabies performance yet again was boring and predictable. How does our top international side continue to take the field with this kicking mentality? Our local junior sides seem to have a better grasp on the concept of ball in hand rugby and quite frankly are more entertaining to watch. The four phases of play prior to Higginbotham scoring is exactly where we need to be. Quick ball, multiple ball runners actually running onto the ball and getting over the ad line. Boks defence on the back foot and unable to set the defensive line quick enough. Four phases of that resulted in a try. As soon as we lose that quick recycle of the ball and the intensity of forward play we become the same old boring predictable side that the All Blacks have come to read like a book. It is so frustrating to see Australia get the ball in their own 22 with a mile of space to their left and 3 players to link up with only to be disappointed with another inane kick. Change the game plan Robbie or there will be only one inevitable change. Although the second half showed more promise, I would love to see an emphatic win from the Wallabies for a change. Tonights win still left me feeling hollow.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
So, what are the chances Pocock walks straight back into the starting side?

Hoopers running game and link play will be missed. A memorable moment for me was his turnover late in the second half. Instead of trying to get his hands on the pill as Pocock and Gill would have he drove straight through, cleaned out, and allowed the second player in an easy crack at it.

From the stats it appears he and Gill are similar size but you wouldn't know it watching them. Gill looks ineffective and outmuscled, maybe just the contrast in styles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.