• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 1 South Africa vs New Zealand- 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 1 between SAF and NZL?

• The Darkness – New Zealand

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Draw - Rugby was the Winner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
79 minutes gone, and A Rolland again checking if deoderant is OK under his Right arm. Sniff.... yeah Bit of a whiff but I'll be having a shower soon as Cruden misses this Penalty kick.

Siren goes. 32-16 to the Darkness.

Saffers will not be happy with their team, but as a neutral that was an entertaining game of footy.

Took a while for the big black machine to fire up, but like they have been doing all year they just got on with the business of winning with accuracy and confidence.

Not happy with K Read. He has just derailed my Sire Richie GOAT = No 8 campaign.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Night night fellows and seahorses.
remember that that was a really long game. Time is now 3:49 am (ish). The game started at 1:00 (ish).

Ripper of a shiner on Sir Richie GOAT. That is gonna need some ice!

Daylight savings has kicked in in the progressive states of Australia.

K Read was MOM - <surprise > (not).

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Great game from the All Blacks. That was a game that could easily have got away from them after the start by the Bokke. I am always amazed that the superior fitness level of the Blacks seems to negate the advantage that SA has with playing at altitude.

Kirean Read is playing out of his skin. The prospect of captaincy seems to be having a positive effect.

Hosea Gear was having his way with Habana it's a pity more of the play didn't run his way.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A Rolland again checking if deoderant is OK under his Right arm. Sniff.. yeah Bit of a whiff but I'll be having a shower soon as Cruden misses this Penalty kick.

Seems unlikely: he's half French.
Skinstadt is the most biased commentator I can recall.
Habana obviously thought de Villiers pass for the first try was forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
..and one of the more bizarre posts i can recall. After initial Bok onslaught, the ABs were not smashed in any way shape or form. They were dominant.
There was 10 mins when SA were on top, 10 with parity and the rest was ABs all the way.
I think that's a little generous to SA as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ The Goose was injured before he came on according to the commentatory team. It was not the injury that he finally went off with.

Missed his allocation of 2 PK's @ goal. He will be disappointed with that.

Not sure that Steyn, M would have made any difference.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
..and one of the more bizarre posts i can recall. After initial Bok onslaught, the ABs were not smashed in any way shape or form. They were dominant.

Dominant at scoring tries for sure. We lost a hell of a lot of ball at the breakdowns through penalties though, mainly through doing dumb stuff which was caused by a lack of numbers and application at the breakdown. We got a lot better in the second half but even then there were still plenty of times we turned the ball over due to good work from the Saffers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I pretty pleased with that win, by christ the ABs play with some pace when they need to. Still one of the biggest things for me in this game was Sir Richie getting his 100th test win, that really is incredible!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Dominant at scoring tries for sure. We lost a hell of a lot of ball at the breakdowns through penalties though, mainly through doing dumb stuff which was caused by a lack of numbers and application at the breakdown. We got a lot better in the second half but even then there were still plenty of times we turned the ball over due to good work from the Saffers.

Those first 20 minutes was just the All Blacks being ill disciplined and making mistakes, I don't think the South Africans were particularly good, just mistake free. I certainly don't think we lost the battle up front, our defence was downright brutal at times. Once we got our hands on the ball it was lights out. Disregard the unfavourable territory, possession and penalty stats, potency and skill level were all that mattered.

Woodcock loves kissing the grass doesn't he?

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Great game! Yes, pedantic refereeing and obvious missed forward passes, but it was a highly entertaining match. Congrats to the All Blacks for scoring the four try bonus point win...a real thumping in the end. Condolences to the Springboks...started on fire and tried their hearts out, and competed well before being soundly beaten on their home turf. Apologies to Gear -- I've always been a huge fan but criticised his involvement when given his chance in the black jersey, but played fantastic. Strong, powerful...great match. Conrad Smith was back to his best and the forwards were awesome. Too bad Read couldn't quite take that bomb over Habanna's head -- that would have been the icing on the cake in a powerful. best of field performance. Also a nod too both locks, specifically Whitelock, who did a tremendous work around the ruck. You don't win these games without doing the hard work, and himself and Captain Courageous did that work.

The World Cup, Bledisloe Cup, and now the inaugural Rugby Championship -- what a fantastic achievement by a fantastic team:)

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Johan Goosen and Jean de Villiers
dKo1i.jpg

The young boy singing in this All Black ad is Tamati Ellison.

Reactions: ACR

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The World Cup, Bledisloe Cup, and now the inaugural Rugby Championship -- what a fantastic achievement by a fantastic team:)

If they aren't the best test team I've ever seen, then they are in the top three. I've always had the 1987 - 1990 All Blacks and Bob Dwyer's 1991 - 1994 Wallaby teams as the best, though these guys could make a serious case to surpass them.

W

What2040

I hate to say it BUT the AB's are just awesome. They will lose the odd game or two shortly but will be at the top for years and years.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I hate to say it BUT the AB's are just awesome. They will lose the odd game or two shortly but will be at the top for years and years.

Carter made a huge difference when he returned. There is light years between him and anyone else.

Longer term we have a few issues.
International class replacements are a little light at 2, 7, and 12.
I am not sold on Sam Cane or the next tier of hookers. We don't have a player anywhere near Nonu at 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.