• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
If we're applying the Rob Horne rule then shouldn't Taps be drawn and quartered for hogging the ball instead of giving to his man for the try? ;)

(Jokes, QLD, jokes)

Speak for yourself, I'm not joking when I say that was a shocker. Bombed try for sure.

Taps wasn't too bad for the majority of the game though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Pretty damn good effort: all had thought this was the danger game from very early on before we knew how bad the injury toll was going to get.
Maybe not pretty, particularly skillful or even totally convincing but gutsy and full of character.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Tough game for the young guys like Cummins and Taps to make run on debut in. Greasy ball and unfamilliar backline. Hopefully they get a chance in better conditions to show what they can do.

Michael Hooper is phenomenal.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Speak for yourself, I'm not joking when I say that was a shocker. Bombed try for sure.

Taps wasn't too bad for the majority of the game though.

The drawn and quartered bit was the joke. The play was crap.

Reactions: DPK

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Terrible match. Truly diabolical. Both teams showed just how poorly rugby can be played.

They should both be ashamed.

The schoolboys match yesterday had higher skill levels (and don't give me any crap about injuries to the wallabies etc - the guys out there for the wallabies are professional players that play super rugby - they should know how to pass, catch, ruck and kick).

I am friggen sick of just being relieved to get a win despite extremely poor execution.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'm watching this on 9, and can I say that the Male Model from Mudgee aka Ken Sutcliffe is an embarassment.

R

randalf8

Lol settle down champ.
One game doesn't meant he isn't as good as some people were talking about, similar to Shipperly and Cummins he has had limited opportunities.

I don't write a player off or make a sweeping statement after one game

If only people would avoid declaring him to the be the next Horan after zero games, I think we could meet in the middle.

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
If you can't see the ability of Taps you shouldn't be on here. He actually can beat defenders, pass the ball and has a very important left foot. His game wasn't perfect by any stretch and he should have used the ball in the corner but he beat his man and was full of adrenalin. 1st starting test I thought he showed why he is a must for the team going forward.

I'd pick him over any other centre in the country, bar none.

R

randalf8

Well, it wasn't pretty but for a third string side to come together like that, especially in defense, is pretty impressive, IMO.

They may be into the 3rd string at some positions (which ones? I'm not sure), but this is a B team not a C team. They said we'd used 38 players.

T

TOCC

If only people would avoid declaring him to the be the next Horan after zero games, I think we could meet in the middle.

I haven't seen anyone declare that..

People have said he was arguably the inform Australian centre for the first half of the super rugby season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Taps didn't have a crash hot game, but for all the Taps lovers and haters who want to score interstate bragging points off each other rather than actually debate the rugby, who would you have had as 13 and why?

Same with Aussie Mike at 15. Not spectacular and made some mistakes but generally was OK. Mistakes didn't cost us the game, or even come close to costing us the game. Points off his boot were massive positive. Surely that is worth a mistake or two.

T

TOCC

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Terrible match. Truly diabolical. Both teams showed just how poorly rugby can be played.

They should both be ashamed.

I am friggen sick of just being relieved to get a win despite extremely poor execution.

Drama Queen much?

R

randalf8

If you can't see the ability of Taps you shouldn't be on here. He actually can beat defenders, pass the ball and has a very important left foot. His game wasn't perfect by any stretch and he should have used the ball in the corner but he beat his man and was full of adrenalin. 1st starting test I thought he showed why he is a must for the team going forward.

I'd pick him over any other centre in the country, bar none.

When did he do that? I remember him butchering the shit out of a good opportunity in the second half on the right wing. Happy for him to be afforded more opportunities but he didn't show anything. Then again, I wasn't desperate to see awesome things even if they weren't there.

J

Jiggles

Taps didn't have a crash hot game, but for all the Taps lovers and haters who want to score interstate bragging points off each other rather than actually debate the rugby, who would you have had as 13 and why?

Same with Aussie Mike at 15. Not spectacular and made some mistakes but generally was OK. Mistakes didn't cost us the game, or even come close to costing us the game. Points off his boot were massive positive. Surely that is worth a mistake or two.

For what its worth, I don't think Taps is really a 13. He has the skills to cover, but he is such a better 12. Playing test rugby out of position is a huge task, and Deans does no favours there. Playing your 2nd cap and 1st actual game out of position and looking good must be near impossible so I think Taps has to be congratulated for managing it as well as he did.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Meh. Taps was the best choice for 13 and generally did pretty well. He made one very poor decision but showed why so many rate him highly. I don't get why we expect players to be the messiah in their first test.

Status
Not open for further replies.