• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
6 October 2012: Round 6
20:10 (local) Argentina vs Australia - Estadio Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario
Referee: C. Joubert (SARU); AR: J. Peyper (SARU), P. Gauzere (FFR); TMO: UAR appt

The Men in Gold will make this trip to Roasrio with an injury list as long as Napoleon's on the retreat from Moscow in 1812. The team will be desperate to put the disappointment of Loftus, and the Quadegate toxicity scandal behind them and establish their credentials for selection on the European Spring Tour.

Los Pumas will be targeting this as a game that they can win against an understrength Wallaby team. They showed plenty of ticker in their previous match against the Saffers which was a draw. They have every right to believe that that game was one that they let go.

This game will be after the progressive states in Australia go to Daylight Savings time, so be warned when setting your alarms and reminders. Kick off will be at the same local time as it was for the round 5 game between Pumas and Darkness which was Sunday 9:10 kickoff (Sydney Time).

After that stay with Fox 3 to see the Aust Schoolboys take on the Darkness Schoolboys in the "Test".

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
1 robinson (for the full 80)
2 tpn if fit or saia
3 Alexander
4 douglas
5 sharpe
6 dennis higgers if fit
7 hooper
8 timani

9 sheehan
10 beale
11 digby if fit
12 taps
13 honey badger
14 shipperly
15 mccabe

16 saia/hansen
17 slipper
18 simmins/neville
19 gill
20 phipps
21 harris
22 ant

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd go:

15 Beale
14 Cummins
13 Fainga'a
12 McCabe
11 Shipperley
10 Harris
9 Phipps

8 Higgers
7 Hooper
6 Dennis
5 Sharpe
4 Timani
3 Alexander
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

16 Hanson
17 Robinson
18 Simmons
19 Gill
20 Sheehan
21 Tapuai
22 Morahan.

Well that's my team.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Gotta leave Beale at 10 surely?

Interesting game, if the news that due to visas anyone that gets flown over might not be able to train before the game. Things could be mighty interesting. In the first year, the Pumas would have to go into this as favorites.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is horrible stuff to hear Barnes has a punctured lung. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is ok according to Fox sports, though I doubt he'll play with the concussion rules & all.

Given the current situation with the Wallabies a win against Argentina would be a big result. Argies I'd imagine would have to be fav's for this given our injuries, the fact that they are at home, & also how well they played against us last time?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I believe Quade is off to Japan to spend time with Sonny and have a holiday at the end of the week.

Sounds nice. They do make a lovely couple.

Beale did really well in a tough environment, he is at least a threat carrying the ball which gives us a sniff of opportunity at times and he kicked better than Berrick has for the last few tests anyway. Even with the chips. He should and will stay at 10.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Argentina to get their 1st win in the Championship.

Yeah, the same mighty Argentinian side that just had 50 put past them will surely tear us a new arse in 7 days time. I don't think so.

Might not be a pretty match but we will get the job done. If not, Robbie might as well get off the plane in Auckland on the way back.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah, the same mighty Argentinian side that just had 50 put past them will surely tear us a new arse in 7 days time. I don't think so.

Might not be a pretty match but we will get the job done. If not, Robbie might as well get off the plane in Auckland on the way back.

We don't want him here thanks. Send him to Southland

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The back line is where the issues will be come next week. It's going to be a tough week.

15 Morahan
14 McCabe
13 Fainga'a
12 Harris
11 Shipperley
10 Beale
9 Phipps

20 Sheehan
21 Tapuai
22 Curly

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The back line is where the issues will be come next week. It's going to be a tough one for the selectors.

15 Morahan
14 McCabe
13 Fainga'a
12 Harris
11 Shipperley
10 Beale
9 Phipps

20 Sheehan
21 Tapuai
22 Curly

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I really think we will get more value from Beale at 10, than 15. If Tapuai is there, start him. Him and McCabe in centres. Harris at 15 maybe?
Start Higgers if fit ( hope he is). Tell FatCat to play like his life depends on it, Hanson to bench maybe? Timani or Douglas - either / or.
If we don't get more injuries, should get it done. But not confident.

J

Jiggles

Who knows? Tell him again!! Since I assume they'll start him, he needs to do better.

He does need to to better and I wouldn't be picking him on the spring tour at this rate. mind you I wouldn't have picked him from the start in the 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.