• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 S15 SA Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well I have been saying this all long. No way I can bitch if WP rather invest in their Bishops flyhalf and dont see a talented player since many moons ago. I know his dad Andre, who also captain Paarl Gym and WP Craven Week on his day. You wont get a bigger Stormers and Gim supporter then him, sadly it dont pay bills.

Just hope he develope wherever he plays and dont get waisted like Daniller or Sadie at the Brutes.

Yup. Real pity he won't play at the Stormers ans score some of those many tries they do each year. Oh wait...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yup. Real pity he won't play at the Stormers ans score some of those many tries they do each year. Oh wait.
Sadie has been waisted playing outside Meisiekind. Daniller was one heel of a schoolboy talent, had to creep back to Boland after been thrown for the wolves at the Brutes. You want more Paarl Gym youngsters names? Christopher Bosch, played with van Wyk now being picked probably for the final was one hell of a talent. Went Awol. Russouw de Klerk another one. Dunno if its the cow milk they sniffing up there or mayve its just a hunger for a proper snoek.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Bloody Irish signed CJ Stander. :(

Those are the ones you don't want to lose! I don't mind players leaving at the end of their careers. Having one last 2 or 3 year contract earning decent money before they retire. But it is frustrating losing young up and coming players in their early 20's, when they still have so much to achieve domestically and almost on the verge of being selected for the Springboks....

If he wasn't getting the opportunities domestically, you could understand it. But Stander has been a find for the Bulls this year and has been in the starting XV for most of their campaign!

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Must be about the cash. It's not like he was getting older, and had no hope of making the Bok team like a Richardt Strauss. He trained with them a month back, and along with Kolisi and Coetzee was part of the future back row. Only 22, and a previous Bok u20 captain. I hope he goes for two years, and comes back to SA with some luchre ala Juandre Kruger.

Edit: Actually, he is one of the 6 players training with the Boks this June

The six upcoming players that will join the Bok squad are Siya Kolisi (flank), Arno Botha (No 8), Frans Malherbe (prop), CJ Stander (loose forward), Francois Venter (centre) and Piet van Zyl (scrumhalf).

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Pollard at the Bulls... Maybe... Maybe not.

WP in tug-o'-war for Baby Bok

South African Under-20 flyhalf Handré Pollard is in high demand.

WP Rugby (Pty) Ltd, the professional arm of the Western Province Rugby Football Union, confirmed that the 18-year-old has had offers from both the Bulls and Sharks.

However, the Cape Town union has denied he had already signed with the Bulls and added that they are determined to hold onto the schoolboy protege.

This follows media reports on Wednesday which suggested the 2012 WP Craven Week captain, Pollard, had signed for the Bulls.

Pollard has been part of the WP Rugby set-up from a young age, having been identified and represented WP at Under-13, Under-16 and Under-18 levels.

Last year already he was invited by senior coach Allister Coetzee to train with the Stormers in November, as they prepared for this year's Super Rugby competition, something that had not been done before with such a young player.

Andre Pollard, the father of Handré, who also captained the U18 WP Craven Week side in 1978, confirmed the approaches from the Bulls and Sharks.

However, he also dismissed the suggestion that his son had already signed.

"The Bulls and the Sharks have both made good offers to Handré," Pollard Snr said.

"However, we have not made a decision and will wait until July. Right now, Handré must focus on his rugby," he said in reference to Friday's IRB Junior World Championship Final between South Africa and New Zealand.

“The WPRU has played an important role in the development of Handré as a player and we appreciate that.

"I am a staunch supporter of WP and have come a long way with the union. It is something very special that Handré has now also been appointed Craven Week captain.

"However, at the end of the day he will have to make the final call on where he wants to continue his career."

WP Rugby said they have held numerous meetings with Pollard senior, dating back to August 2010, to secure the player's services for senior in the Province.

"In terms of the SARU rules and regulations, those unions [the Bulls and Sharks] would need to notify WP Rugby and afford the home union the opportunity to meet or beat their offers, before any deal could be concluded," WP said in a statement.

Pollard junior was called up to the SA U20 squad as a replacement for Cheetahs pivot Johan Goosen in June.

http://rugbyrugby.com/news/more_news/southern_hemisphere/7004381/wp_in_tug_o__war_for_baby_bok

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Those are the ones you don't want to lose! I don't mind players leaving at the end of their careers. Having one last 2 or 3 year contract earning decent money before they retire. But it is frustrating losing young up and coming players in their early 20's, when they still have so much to achieve domestically and almost on the verge of being selected for the Springboks..

If he wasn't getting the opportunities domestically, you could understand it. But Stander has been a find for the Bulls this year and has been in the starting XV for most of their campaign!
Ja swaer, thats what happen when you keep using NH players in the Bok jersey.

Meisiekind and Kankowski on their way to Japan. Meyer probably rewarding them with Bok places for their effort.

Both of them a waiste of Bok places in the current Bok places. Would have been so much better if Ebersohn and Kolisi was rewarded for excellent S15 form in their place.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Meisiekind and Kankowski on their way to Japan. Meyer probably rewarding them with Bok places for their effort.
Both of them a waiste of Bok places in the current Bok places. Would have been so much better if Ebersohn and Kolisi was rewarded for excellent S15 form in their place.

I agree on those two, although I would definitely have De Jongh ahead of Ebersohn in the pecking order! Very hard on him not to be included in the squad.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ja swaer, thats what happen when you keep using NH players in the Bok jersey.

Right. I have always given you the benefit of the doubt for not being delusional.

I was wrong. Not only are you delusional but also very bitter.

Give us regular weather reports from cloud cuckoo land.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Right. I have always given you the benefit of the doubt for not being delusional.

I was wrong. Not only are you delusional but also very bitter.

Give us regular weather reports from cloud cuckoo land.
Meisiekind made the Bok jersey 36 times cheap. Expect more from Meyer to realise this. Now he turned his back on Meyer.

You like to get personal luckily just as Meyer I grew a thick skin when your start sprouting your kak.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Meisiekind made the Bok jersey 36 times cheap. Expect more from Meyer to realise this. Now he turned his back on Meyer.

You like to get personal luckily just as Meyer I grew a thick skin when your start sprouting your kak.

Coming from you "getting personal" is a little rich. No actually, it's very rich. You regularly resort to insults if you can't come up with a rational argument. Try be a little bit less one eyed at times. You'll find it easier.

I am not a Olivier fan. Never have been. You're confusing things again.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Coming from you "getting personal" is a little rish. No actually, it's very rich. You regularly resort to insults if you can't come up with a rational argument. Try be a little bit less one eyed at times. You'll find it easier.
Goodness crazy you can be stupid. Stop smoking and get real.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Goodness crazy you can be stupid. Stop smoking and get real.

Case in point. Never argue a point. Always resort to half arsed insults.

You continue to insult people because of who thyy support, where they choose to live and you do the same with players who get picked.

If it's not from the Cape it's not on the map as far as you are concerned.

There is a big old world out there Paarl, get out a little. You might broaden your horizons. Probably not but it's worth a go. Else just stay in the laager. Safe and warm in the arms of delusion.

I'm done with you old boy.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Case in point. Never argue a point. Always resort to half arsed insults.

You continue to insult people because of who thyy support, where they choose to live and you do the same with players who get picked.

If it's not from the Cape it's not on the map as far as you are concerned.

There is a big old world out there Paarl, get out a little. You might broaden your horizons. Probably not but it's worth a go. Else just stay in the laager. Safe and warm in the arms of delusion.

I'm done with you old boy.
You were the one that started the insult on the Argentinia thread and just keep on going ever since. You have been critisizing Snor since his appointment and went on his whole term for 4 more years. Now if I do post anything negative regarding your precious Brutes or Meyer then you just let go. Get a grip Boet, its about throwing and catching, you've never been good on the recieving end.

Done with me, spare me a tear.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
S15 rugby back on track this weekend. Two home derbies.
Stormers v Lions, Cape Town - 17:05
Stormers:

15 Joe Pietersen, 14 Gio Aplon, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Gerhard van den Heever, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Siya Kolisi, 7 Don Armand, 6 Tyrone Holmes, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 De Kock Steenkamp, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Deon Fourie, 1 Deon Carstens

Substitutes: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Brok Harris, 18 Quinn Roux, 19 Jebb Sinclair, 20 Louis Schrueder, 21 Burton Francis, 22 Bryan Habana

Lions:
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Deon van Rensburg, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Butch James, 11 Anthonie Volminck, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Tian Meyer, 8 Joshua Strauss (captain), 7 Grant Hattingh, 6 Derick Minnie, 5 Franco van der Merwe, 4 Hendrik Roodt, 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Callie Visagie, 1 JC Janse van Rensburg
Substitutes: 16 Martin Bezuidenhout, 17 CJ van der Linde/Ruaan Dreyer, 18 Ruan Botha, 19 Jaco Kriel, 20 Michael Bondesio, 21 Waylon Murray, 22 Ruan Combrinck

Bulls v Cheetahs, Pretoria - 19:10

Bulls:
15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Pierre Spies (captain), 7 Jacques Potgieter, 6 Dewald Potgieter, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Dean Greyling

Substitutes: 16 Willie Wepener, 17 Frik Kirsten, 18 Wilhelm Steenkamp, 19 CJ Stander, 20 Jano Vermaak, 21 Louis Fouché, 22 Francois Venter

Cheetahs:

15. Willie le Roux, 14. Philip Snyman, 13. Robert Ebersohn, 12. Andries Strauss, 11. Rocco Jansen, 10. Riaan Smit, 9. Piet van Zyl, 8. Ashley Johnson, 7. Lappies Labuschagne, 6. Heinrich Brüssow, 5. Izak van der Merwe, 4. Andries Ferreira, 3. Marcel van der Merwe, 2. Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1. Trevor Nyakane

Substitutes: 16. Hercu Liebenberg, 17. WP Nel, 18. George Earl, 19. Justin Downey 20. Tewis de Bruyn, 21. Sias Ebersohn, 22. Nico Scheepers

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Cheetahs:

15. Willie le Roux, 14. Philip Snyman, 13. Robert Ebersohn, 12. Andries Strauss, 11. Rocco Jansen, 10. Riaan Smit, 9. Piet van Zyl, 8. Ashley Johnson, 7. Lappies Labuschagne, 6. Heinrich Brüssow, 5. Izak van der Merwe, 4. Andries Ferreira, 3. Marcel van der Merwe, 2. Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1. Trevor Nyakane

Substitutes: 16. Hercu Liebenberg, 17. WP Nel, 18. George Earl, 19. Justin Downey 20. Tewis de Bruyn, 21. Sias Ebersohn, 22. Nico Scheepers

PB - you've been saying all season that Willie le Roux should be given a chance at either 10 or 15! Now he has been given his chance. I must say he has impressed me all season on the wing. Often on attack, he inserts himself at first or second receiver in the backline and has certainly provided a lot of the 'spark' in the Cheetahs backline this year. Would love to see how he went for 60+ minutes at flyhalf.

Also a huge game for Brussouw (particularly since it's against the Bulls!) after not being selected in the Bok squad for the England series. Hopefully he can have 3 strong games to finish the Super Rugby season and force his way back into Meyer's thinking. He would certainly be useful in the Rugby Championship slowing down the ball of the Wallabies and All Blacks!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PB - you've been saying all season that Willie le Roux should be given a chance at either 10 or 15! Now he has been given his chance. I must say he has impressed me all season on the wing. Often on attack, he inserts himself at first or second receiver in the backline and has certainly provided a lot of the 'spark' in the Cheetahs backline this year. Would love to see how he went for 60+ minutes at flyhalf.

Also a huge game for Brussouw (particularly since it's against the Bulls!) after not being selected in the Bok squad for the England series. Hopefully he can have 3 strong games to finish the Super Rugby season and force his way back into Meyer's thinking. He would certainly be useful in the Rugby Championship slowing down the ball of the Wallabies and All Blacks!
Hope Willie prove me right. He is exciting from the back , will have to cope first with the out of form Steyns up and unders. If he take them well he sure can be destructive with his counter attacking abilities. Also hoping Brussouw have a blinder. We sure need him in the Bok team pronto. We cant play with Coetzee , Spies and Alberts against the All Blacks.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lions really came out firing at the start of their game against the Stormers. They brought some great physicality and seem to have a point to prove after recent revelations.

As the half went on the Stormers came into it more and more and only some last ditch denfence has kept the score down to 13-3. Only try so far has been from Aplon and was the catalyst for the Stormers to press the Lions.

Lions have looked good in first half and there is improvement there. But they didn't have the cutting edge to go with their physicality. In the 2nd half they have to try and chase the game and that could lead to more scores for the Stormers.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lions have done really well to get back to 13-10 with 20 minutes to go. Strauss scored a try by going over the top of a ruck in the Stormers 22 and having a clear run to the line. Stormers should have more breathing space but Aplon butchered a certain try when he decided to go himself rather than use a two man overlap out wide.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hard game for the Stormers but expected. Malherbe suffered in the scrums but had flu and his poorest performance of the year. The differense between the sides at the moment is the depth in the Stormers sqaud. They had Habana, Joe Pieterse, Ginga, Liebenberg, Etsebeth, Elstadt missing from their already depleted team against the Brutes and still was able to deal with the Lions at home. Myself thought Fourie had a blinder and Dewaldt Duvenhage had good games. Myself a scrummie on my day always measure them when the show their worth behand a back paddling pack en Dewaldt prove this in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.