• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah, it hasn't been the most exciting start but that's more to do with the mismatches than anything else. Caught a couple of the Currie Cups games today on Fox and in comparison they were very good. The Cheetahs/Lions game most notably.
I confess to having missed the Currie Cup matches. I'll have to check the Foxtel guide and program a few into the machine.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
So shute shield gets one game a week on abc and itm gets all games on fox. Aru what is wrong with that picture? Fuck shute. Oz sides should enter itm. Best footy on earth.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The first couple of games were mismatches, but Waikato-Northland was pretty competitive.

Every time Rene Ranger runs with the ball, the Black Sabbath "Iron Man" riff should be played.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting to see the amount of Australian Super Rugby players increasing in the ITM cup.

Would like to see some teams get better jerseys for games where they clash! There's been a few initially confusing games this weekend.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And Auckland are currently handing it to North Harbour. Harbour have barely even had the ball, their forwards are getting smashed.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
The Harbour 12 looks like Radike Samo's younger brother, huge hair on him. Pity it's not helping them much against a pretty classy JAFFAs team.

Aaaand as I type that they score off a rolling maul, forwards everywhere are beaming with pride.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Interesting to see the amount of Australian Super Rugby players increasing in the ITM cup.
I'm watching Queensland Reds' Beau Robinson play for Bay of Plenty right now, and couldn't quite believe it -- thought it must be a remarkable look-alike -- until I heard the announcer call his name. But the way he got up in someone's face should have given it away.

T

TOCC

Would like to see some teams get better jerseys for games where they clash! There's been a few initially confusing games this weekend.

I'd expect its only going to increase given the super rugby season is making it increasingly difficult for players to play in their respective club rugby seasons. Even the QRU is releasing players to the ITM cup which in recent years they have been reluctant to do, granted the players are from teams who won't be making the finals, but it's still a bit of a turning point.

If the players received limited playing time through the super rugby season, then it makes sense and can only be good for their player development.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I'd expect its only going to increase given the super rugby season is making it increasingly difficult for players to play in their respective club rugby seasons. Even the QRU is releasing players to the ITM cup which in recent years they have been reluctant to do, granted the players are from teams who won't be making the finals, but it's still a bit of a turning point.

If the players received limited playing time through the super rugby season, then it makes sense and can only be good for their player development.

That makes a lot of sense, and can probably only going to help the ITM Cup grow. Are Australian players also finding their way into the Currie Cup? (I'd imagine there's a glut of players in South Africa for that competition, but no idea.)

I wonder if they could ever get to the point where after their seasons, they could have a quadrangular tournament between the top two ITM Cup teams )(or the championship winner and the premiership winner), and top two Currie Cup teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
What was the go with the Otago jumpers?

They looked like a rugby Hawaiian Shirt equivalent.

Will they be playing in them all year or was it a once off?

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
As previously stated i'm a fan of both of the aforementioned jerseys, but after Sunday I feel the best place for either would be framed and on the pool room wall.

Stoked to have just gotten over the Taniwha on Satdee and with the Speights Spartans making the trek up North for another Shield clash this weekend I haven't had time to relax.

How about Hawke's Bay though? Red hot for the Championship and promotion surely. Might have to put a Pineapple on it sometime this week.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Otago beat Waikato 26-19 to win the shield for the first time since 1957. Incredibly tense last 15 minutes, complete with a pitch invasion from the travelling scarfies!

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
What a classic!

Not bitter or upset about dropping that one in the slightest. I've spent a bit of my life down south and those wonderful people have been starved of the log for far too long.

Congratulations lads and let's hope the crowds swell at Forsyth for you from now on in and that it rocks like the 'brook used to.

Guess I better change my avatar soon then aye ;)

EDIT - Had a few southern mates yapping at me that Hayden Parker should be in the 10 jersey for the AB's this weekend. I bet they're bloody stoked he's not now.

Reactions: ACR

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Now that the Ranfurly Log is heading south to the land of the Scarfies, I hope the Highlanders make the most of it in the week that they will have it, because the Wine Drinking Art Deco Cafe Drinkers from Hawkes Bay will be bringing the Ranfurly Log to the Bay next week. Come on the Bay.

Go the Gimlett Gravellers. The Jarse adopted NZ franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.