• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Final - CHIEFS v BRUMBIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
lack of accommo in hamilton, sounds like opportunities missed by enterprising locals.

Buy the tickets, then adv in the canberra times 'tickets, meals and accommodation, transport to and from grounds, pick up to and from airport' yada yada.

Pity a final would never be held in bathurst, I could sleep twenty! Make a motza. (I could make a few thousand each bathurst race weekend, but instead we have twenty-thirty mates from around australia come each year, we have our annual stereo get together, think this year will be the seventh straight?)

Anyway, always opportunities if you look for them!

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Masaga out would be a massive blow... many players are never 100% anyway but it looks like the will be a few chiefs taking the field with injuries... THis will cancell out any travel disadvantage the Brumbies have... I think if Masaga is out and Kahui is already out the Brumbies are a massive chance... luck issure shinning on the HMS captial poney club this week...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Brumbies looked properly weary from their SA Tour earlier in the year but this was only one game so hopefully they'll bounce back well.

The Chiefs haven't been convincing against AUS opposition this season and are yet to play the Brumbies this year! The Reds and Tahs beat them, The Force lost by a point and the Rebels almost jagged one of their famous upsets, losing by 6 (33-39). The Brumbies only dropping a game to the Saders but beating the Blues, Canes and the Highlanders.

An intriguing battle is looming and I'm pumped for it. Changing my supporter logo and hopping aboard the band wagon! Go BRUMBIES!!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Im predicting a fairly high scoring affair. Teams have shown this year that it is possible to score points in bunches against the Chiefs and the travel factor for the Brumbies is more likely to cause laziness in defence which will give the Chiefs more opportunities to find holes.

Chiefs have the preparation in their favour having not needed to travel for a few weeks whilst with lineups on paper I'm going to give the edge to the Brumbies especially considering the players the Chiefs might be missing/not be 100%. If the Brumbies are going to win they're going to need early points like they did against the Bulls because the Chiefs will have more gas in the tank to rally a late comeback, can't really see the Brumbies chasing any signifcant score late in the game.

I know there is a lot of hoping, wishing, praying going on for the Brumbies to get up but I'm starting to see this as a more even affair as the week goes on. Chiefs still have the edge in my mind but i'll back the Brumbies to win by 5.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
After reading some of the NZ media you'd swear that the Chiefs were home and hosed. Mind you it's the supporter comments more than the articles themselves. Never thought I'd see the day that a Qld supporter changed their logo to the Brumbies logo Scoey. Welcome aboard the bandwagon, all are welcome :)

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
After reading some of the NZ media you'd swear that the Chiefs were home and hosed.
It's all up to personal interpretation.

The articles doing the rounds by Aussie journos pump up any scrap they can in the Brumbies favour and tear down any supposed chink in the Chief's armour.

Having lived here now for as long as I lived back home you start to see what is actual match/form analysis and what is just pure desperation to create a spectacle. That goes for both sides of the ditch.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After reading some of the NZ media you'd swear that the Chiefs were home and hosed. Mind you it's the supporter comments more than the articles themselves. Never thought I'd see the day that a Qld supporter changed their logo to the Brumbies logo Scoey. Welcome aboard the bandwagon, all are welcome :)

As said earlier, It is our duty to get behind the Ponies as the only Aust Franchise left. Normal hatred resumes on Sunday. Avatar pictures and other supporting icons can revert to normal then.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I've located and dusted off the crystal ball, and have been advised that the Brumbies will win by 50% of the wining margin of the Wallabies over All Blacks on 17 August. Sorry I can't be more precise!!

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
As said earlier, It is our duty to get behind the Ponies as the only Aust Franchise left. Normal hatred resumes on Sunday. Avatar pictures and other supporting icons can revert to normal then.
And where did you get your avatar HJ? It is quite refreshing.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The Lord Nelson at the rocks will be showing the rugby.

I confirmed this on Tuesday when I popped in for a refreshing ale on the way to the Taste of Tasmania wine fair/ tasting. And a good even that was as well; Lindommer would know more about the stuff than me, but I quite enjoyed some of the cool climate wines. The Domaine A sauvignon blanc was quite impressive. Much better than the stainless steel grass flavoured stuff that comes from over the tasman. And some of the bubbly was good as well. Especially with the smoked salmon that was there. Slightly off track, but there is another wine tasting event at Balmoral Beach onSunday week. The same day as the C2Surf, but I guess those pavement pounders need to have some reason for their existence. The more cultured off us will be tasting the delights of mudgee at balmoral.

But the Lord Nelson is a good rugby pub. The licensee is a gold old fashioned rugby man as well. And the beers there are good, they do a nice ploughman's and being an older style pub, the younger crowd masquerading as unkempt riff-raff tend to be in the minority.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Definitely Chiefs for the losing... The only variable not in their favour is their record against aussie teams this year.

I hope Supercoach Jake brings his superior coaching tactics and experience as I want to truly think the Brumbies can do this... even with everything in Chiefs favour..... (subliminal pressure increasing on home team hopefully leading to kiwi pastime of choking)

I like the thought of To'omua's shoulder on Cruden as wee Cruden would go flying - I think if Brumbies can keep the ball in tight and shut Cruden down will go long way to take it to the 'odds-on' favourites the chiefs... as they have everything in their favour....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cruden should certainly be expecting To'omua to charge out of the line and smash him in the first five minutes of the game.

Last week it was a slightly late shot on Steyn after he had passed to set the tone.

If I were Cruden, I'd be looking to put on a big step and take the ball to the line early to try and catch To'omua out. Passing or kicking instead will still see him get smashed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, you got it fellas, Cruden is weak link, and To'omua will do a job on him no probs.;)

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Cruden is the most important player for the Chiefs. If he goes down, there is no one even nearly as good. I think To'omua or anyone else trying to smash him would be a good idea.

That said, he is tough little bugger and far more proven performer than To'omua at this level. Probably the best first-five in the comp' overall.

On paper, man to man, I think the Brumbies might have the edge - maybe?

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I'd say the Chiefs favourites 60/40 because they won it last year (experience), and because they play home. But if the Brumbies turn up to play, it is anyone's game..........

Status
Not open for further replies.