• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Final - CHIEFS v BRUMBIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
A few hours to go, and in general we are all Brumbies supporters today. (I think that is some quote totally irrelevant, but it sounds fair enough.)

It should be interesting. The brumbies seem to play a structured game. Their game plan is based on their strengths, possession and territory. They are willing to wait. The chiefs play a powered unstructured game and rely on firepower. (There are probably lots of stats that disprove what I just said, so I may look a little foolish, but bear me out.)

Structure versus un-structure. Discipline versus opportunity taking. Though regardless what one says about structure, having the initiative and being in a winning position gives a team structure. Being down and under pressure causes teams to lose structure. It should be an intersting game.

I hope we see a cracker of a game, and that my venue's choice of beer is suitable.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Considering NZ have crappy weather 90 percent of the year? I would say advantage advantage Chiefs

Apparently it's not going to rain so the point is moot, but if you want to know why people think the Brumbies would be advantaged look at the Lions match.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Getting super psyched, trying to stay busy.

Mainly hoping for a good game, the Brumbies have done a lot to impress already and have the team to win but the question is whether the travel will make it too taxing.

If the ponies can dominate the scrum and/or lineout they are a real chance. They just have to play to their strengths and not let the pressure effect their execution. Let the Chiefs run it from deep and defend like mad men, kicking (for goal and territory) may just be the difference.

Brumbies by 8 or 1, depending on the Chiefs last possession.

Although part of me is prepared for a result like the 3rd Lions test, but the Brumbies are better than that particular Wallabies team, at least mentally.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
ANd the Lions and Chiefs have what in common?

Well the Lion's are (supposedly) the kings of the jungle and 'king' is a synonym for chief.

Also they both come from countries that have a lot more rain fall than Australia.

Also the Brumbies weren't expected to beat the Lions and aren't against the Chiefs either.

But my main point was that game was played in cold, wet and windy conditions which seemed to help the Brumbies more than the Lions. That game has shown that the Brums are more than equipped to play those conditions and in many peoples eyes have an ideal game plan for it.

What do you think they have in common?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If the Brumbies win this game it would go down as the most impressive Super win of all time. I cant see it happening. IMHO better teams have attempted the same feat and failed (i.e. the 2011 Saders).

With that said, Let's go Brumbies!!!!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Think the travel factor will be too much for the brumbies, especially if they are forced to chase the game, as I simply don't think they have the ability to score tries quickly.

That being said if they get ahead early who knows whats possible.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
If the Brumbies win this game it would go down as the most impressive Super win of all time.

Indeed.

I think the Brumbies are going to win - the reason a bit of special motivation from Jake

20130803000042650432-400x267.jpg

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Is Masaga in or out? My fantasy season hinges on this call:rolleyes: He was at his best last week so big advantage for the Brumbies if he is out. Would give them an advantage in the back 3.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
well lads I know the chiefs must be huge favourites, but some things telling me the brumbies are going to do it.
A little something to eat now and then settle down for the game,:D

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Well the Lion's are (supposedly) the kings of the jungle and 'king' is a synonym for chief.

Also they both come from countries that have a lot more rain fall than Australia.

Also the Brumbies weren't expected to beat the Lions and aren't against the Chiefs either.

But my main point was that game was played in cold, wet and windy conditions which seemed to help the Brumbies more than the Lions. That game has shown that the Brums are more than equipped to play those conditions and in many peoples eyes have an ideal game plan for it.

What do you think they have in common?
You don;t get Lions in the jungle. I would day the Chiefs have the bigger pack and tactical kicker.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thought I would change my super team logo for tonight in a show of support for the ponies. Get behind it everyone!

Go brumbies!

Status
Not open for further replies.