• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Final - CHIEFS v BRUMBIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Its a syndrome with no cure other than a week recovery, pissing and crapping during the night. I so want the Brumbies to pull it through but the human body have its limits. And the guys who been hosting the finals have made sure they make things as difficult as possible even before the game have kicked off.

The Classic one in 2010 was the Bulls resting their players took a defeat from the Stormers then moved the game to higher altitude with a fresh team. Stormers were doomed right before kick off.

Fair comments Rassie, let's hope the Brumbies can overcome all this without the use of the afore-mentioned "chemical assistance" from Canada or anywhere else! As Hugh Jarse says, we Aussies will need to get behind the Brumbies to help make a win possible.

We must never forget Steve Bradbury!!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I will be very interested to see how the Brumbies play this game.

Their usual approach is to kick in their own 50m and put on pressure.

Against the Bulls that worked well enough, but against the Chiefs?

Link generally plays very tight against them and denies them the ball wherever possible from turnover. No kicking, pick and drives - hold the ball - suffocate the bastards

The Chiefs showed on Friday, they are quite happy to run the ball from anywhere and they will limit the kicking duels.

It will be very interesting to see how it pans out

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think the Chiefs and Saders tore holes in each other on Saturday... I also think the Brumbies recoup time is easier for a young squad... Their bodies heal faster... I can see the Brumbies hang'n in there and doing the Chiefs on Saturday... Brumbies by 5...
If you break down the teams, Chiefs halve vs Brums halves not much in it, Brumbies scrum will be good,,, The Brums back 3 wont have any trouble with the size of the Chiefs outside backs... Brums set piece wont have any issue with the Chiefs too…

Youth never stops believing I think these Brumbies lads will do the Chiefs slowly.... ouch....

Brumbies won on the weekend because they are the fittest team in the comp… Never give up, believe in each other... So even with 90 secs to go they can still have the speed to break the line and support each other...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Hamilton's stadium is about 22k capacity.

Someone was telling me last year when tickets went on sale to the public they sold out in 6 minutes

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
None of the finals so far have been capacity. Will this one make it?

Not certain I'm afraid. The prices they are charging are just a bit steep for the average punter to afford these days. Even $40 to stand behind the goal posts or $52 for a low down seat on the 22m is unfortunately beyond many people at the moment. http://www.chiefs.co.nz/ticket-and-stadium-info/finals-pricing/

I don't blame the Chiefs at all for this - Makes sense to have 22,000 people at an average ticket price of (say) $80 than to have 28,000 people at an average price of $40.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Very reasonable short term, but how about long term? Supporters may well lose interest entirely if they feel nobody is showing up and not even return if the tickets are cheaper than they once were.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Hamilton's stadium is about 22k capacity.

Someone was telling me last year when tickets went on sale to the public they sold out in 6 minutes

25,800 according to Wiki, though I understand they add another 5k for big test matches with temporary seating.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
25,800 according to Wiki, though I understand they add another 5k for big test matches with temporary seating.

To quote the ARU with regards to Canberra Stadium - "FAR TOO SMALL TO HAVE INTERNATIONAL GAMES! BIG GAMES NEED BIG STADIUMS!" paraphrased slightly.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Very reasonable short term, but how about long term? Supporters may well lose interest entirely if they feel nobody is showing up and not even return if the tickets are cheaper than they once were.

I agree to an extent, though I would point out that regular season games are about a third of this cost - and certain games even cheaper - so it is not beyond most people to get to a game if they want. A team can't expect to host a final all that often, so perhaps best to cash in when the sun shines and store for a rainy day.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I

Brumbies won on the weekend because they are the fittest team in the comp… .

And the saffas made some silly errors - their scrum was dominated - they didn't take kicks @ goal with 5 to go... list goes on.

Credit to brumbies and I hope they can go to Waikato and get the job done but big ask considering all the travel.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I am going to pick the Chiefs to win this one but I'll be cheering for the Brumbies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Match No.125 : Chiefs v Brumbies
Date : Saturday 3 August, 2013
Venue : Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, New Zealand
Kick Off : 1935 local, 1735 NSW/ACT, 0935 SAT, 0735 GMT
Referee: Craig Joubert
Assistant Ref 1:Chris Pollock
Assistant Ref 2:Garratt Williamson
TMO : Vinny Munro

Joubert has really been one of the best refs all competition, no surprises that he's the one who got it.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
We purchased plane tickets a month ago to fly into Syd and then hire car to Canberra counting on a home final.

DAMN.

OK so where is the best place in Sydney to watch this game.
(kiwi free zone would be nice)
suggestions welcome.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
FANATIC, check out the Shute Shield Draw on the NSW RU Web site.

Depending who has a home game, you can get both live club footy and then across the road, or go next door to watch the game in the club.

Eastwood, Randwick, Easts, Southern Districts, Uni, Parramatta all have club houses either next door to or on the club oval.

Others have relatively close access to a Big screen TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.