• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tevita Li over in the corner, started way back with a SA stone cold drop. Way to make them pay for being down to 14, even if a tad unfairly. Kick is good, 15-7 & fuck me here we go again, big break down the left TL but SA intercept saves the day.

SA penalty handy to the posts, I guess they're happy with 10-15 at HT.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SA 20-18, 20-odd to go. Gotta score next. SA coming up with the big plays when it counts, our boys look to be on the back foot in all dep'ts.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pollard lining it up from what's gotta be 55m. Just under. Good penalty though, one of my pet hates is the offside player playing at a knock on & only a scrum given. Penalty NZ now, could've been YC for taken out in the air.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Try time NZ! Extra from the TL, 25-20. On comes a world class mullet from Palmy North, Cadwallader I think his name is.

Sin bin man bumps our 7 to tie it up. 10 to go, Sunday roast will have to wait.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reckon that's it.

Good effort by NZ in this re-match but SA have the power.

32 - 25

60 secs to go

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bugger, SA over in the corner, Pollard adds the 2 so we've got about 55 seconds to score & go to golden point ET. SA ball, they'll kick it out for sure. And they do, SA v Pom GF. Posted early on that I'd be happy if my boys lost but gave 100%, which they did so gutted about the result but can't fault them. Not sure who to back in the GF, prob SA as if they win it kinda makes us 2nd, dunnit?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Forget fossil fuels, I have discovered the future of renewable energy. U20's rugby. Just need to figure out a way to harness the heat coming off the scrums.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor kids will be ruing contesting that last rolling maul, why oh why did they do that after the crafty non-contesting had flummoxed the bokkes so well. Steamrollered.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Wonder if the Bulls will pull the trigger next year and give Pollard a crack at the starting jersey.

Very classy young man. Future Bok captain in the making.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Good enjoyable game. Forward packs will neutralise each other next week and I think We MAY have the goods over England in the backs.
Certainly brought a smile this result. Fortunately for the locals the bum squeak AB's victory on Saturday will drown out this loss at home in a WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.