• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah but that Italy side was fully shit. In the first half, when the Italians had the ball, the turnovers came from Italian handling errors rather than being demolished at the breakdown. They made some good metres at times too earlier on.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Yeah but that Italy side was fully shit sick bro. In the first half, when the Italians had the ball, the turnovers came from Italian handling errors rather than being demolished at the breakdown. They made some good metres at times too earlier on.
It's in NZ so get in the mood.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pool A
02 Jun, 13:35 Argentina 17-36 Australia
02 Jun, 17:35 England 63-3 Italy

To Come
06 Jun, 15:35 Argentina v Italy, QBE Stadium, Auckland
06 Jun, 17:35 England v Australia, QBE Stadium, Auckland
10 Jun, 15:35 Australia v Italy, ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe
10 Jun, 17:35 England v Argentina, QBE Stadium, Auckland

Pool B
02 Jun, 15:35 Wales 48-19 Fiji
02 Jun, 17:35 France 19-13 Ireland

To Come
06 Jun, 15:35 France v Fiji, ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe
06 Jun, 17:35 Wales v Ireland, ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe
10 Jun, 13:35 Ireland v Fiji, QBE Stadium, Auckland
10 Jun, 15:35 Wales v France, QBE Stadium, Auckland

Pool C
02 Jun, 15:35 South Africa 61-5 Scotland
02 Jun, 19:35 New Zealand 48-12 Samoa

To Come
06 Jun, 13:35 Scotland v Samoa. ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe
06 Jun, 19:35 New Zealand v South Africa, QBE Stadium, Auckland
10 Jun, 17:35 Samoa v South Africa, ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe
10 Jun, 19:35 New Zealand v Scotland, ECOLight Stadium, Pukekohe

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He got a last minute call from Samoa I believe.

Fereti was told he wasn't wanted in the Aus U20s, despite being named player of the tournament for the Combined States. So to get as much exposure as possible, he flew to NZ where tryouts for Samoa U20s were being held. Went through the selection system like the others, nothing last minute about it.

T

tranquility

Fereti was told he wasn't wanted in the Aus U20s, despite being named player of the tournament for the Combined States. So to get as much exposure as possible, he flew to NZ where tryouts for Samoa U20s were being held. Went through the selection system like the others, nothing last minute about it.

That sounds like a hell of a journey, I look forward to watching the young man play.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not surprising then that Samoa made mockery of the -50 odd points start NZ were given pre match!

Did very nicely on the odds of 9/1 for Samoa to score over 0.5 points in first half!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

Just reporting what I was told.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Whatever, Fereti's exclusion certainly gives a tick to the LHPs who were included: the NSW U20s players Rory O'Connor and Cameron Orr, though they are older.

He's got the bloodlines though: his dad and uncle played for Samoa, and he's the cousin of Scott Sio.

He'll get the 1. jersey next year.

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
Whatever, Fereti's exclusion certainly gives a tick to the LHPs who were included:

He'll get the 1. jersey next year.

I will have to disagree with you there Lee. Cameron Orr is the third youngest in the team.

All things being equal he will front up again next year I understand.

ROC won't be back I don't think as he is 20 this year.

Some other blokes are coming through Junior Satuia (also from West Harbour) will be knocking on the same door (he toured with Aussie Schoolboys last year) - but didn't get much game time due to injury.

I don't think blood line is a good indicator at the moment - ask Pat Sio- still showing the right stuff for Eastwood though

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think blood line is a good indicator at the moment - ask Pat Sio- still showing the right stuff for Eastwood though

By the same token, the guy who is playing number 8 also has a brother playing Super Rugby.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Orr? I should have known he was Under 19 but didn't.

Yeah Sio's exclusion was a mystery except that, as I have mentioned, he seemed to struggle for fitness in the trial games for NSW Colts.

He got in the extended squad but got cut.

Whatever, I'd back the selectors to have a good reason because they didn't make many wrong moves.

I had never seen Haylett-Petty play before the Sydney camp. He was an eye-opener. That's one reason Sio missed out, but you'd think that he'd offer better line-bending power that Sam Croke, a work horse though a good one of the kind.

rugby roo

Peter Burge (5)
Staniforth is coming into the game day 28 and bench is getting reshuffled.
my source tells me Aus need all the weight and experience they can muster .
will be in Auckland on business on friday and will be invited to game.Wow cant wait to see this match up.May as well see All Blacks game whilst I am here with English colleagues and give them the full Anzac treatment.! Ie two beatings!
Go you little wallabies!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Australian Under 20s:
1. Rory O’Connor (NSW)
2. Harry Scoble (WA)
3. Allan Ala’alatoa (ACT)
4. Matt Philip (NSW)
5. Tom Staniforth (ACT)
6. Sean McMahon (captain, VIC)
7. Rowan Perry (ACT)
8. Ross Haylett-Petty (WA)
9. Joe Powell (ACT)
10. Jake McIntyre (QLD)
11. Andrew Kellaway (NSW)
12. Jimmy Stewart (NSW)
13. Lalakai Foketi (VIC)
14. Brad Lacey (WA)
15. Jonah Placid (QLD)

Replacements:

16. Feliti Kaitu’u (QLD)
17. Cameron Orr (NSW)
18. Tom Robertson (NSW)
19. Jack Payne (QLD)
20. Jack Dempsey (NSW)
21. Angus Pulver (NSW)
22. David Horwitz (NSW)
23. Luke Burton (WA)​
Looks like the same starting team as in the first match except Staniforth returns and Payne moves to the bench.​

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I actually thought they would drop Philip for staniforth thought he has a poor game against the Argis dropped a lot of ball. I guess he is the line out man hence why he is there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I guess that puts to bed the debate as to who the Selectors see as their "best" team.

To make significant progress in this tournament, you can't afford to drop one of your pool games.

That being said, there is no disgrace being named on the bench.

Hoping we can destroy the Soap Dodgers scrum like we did to Los Puma Gaitito on Monday. Unlikely but what a filup that would be for Australian Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^^^ I guess that puts to bed the debate as to who the Selectors see as their "best" team.

To make significant progress in this tournament, you can't afford to drop one of your pool games.

It's a difficult tournament in the sense that you can't afford to drop a pool game given that there is only one runner up spot available for the semi finals.

The flipside of that is that the games are a couple of days closer together than you'd ordinarily want. Four days between each pool game then five days before the semi final and another five days before the final.

I guess if we beat England, a few players could be given less game time against Italy (to both give them a rest and others a run).

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
I actually though they would drop Philip for staniforth thought he has a poor game against the Argis dropped a lot of ball. I guess he is the line out man hence why he is there.

Have to agree with you - watched the last game with a Shute Shield first grade lock - he spent a lot of time giving Matt "virtual" assistance and of course provided helpful comments whilst we watched. We can not stuff up the line outs this time around.

T

tranquility

What time do I need to watching tomorrow? My tired eyes can't work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.