• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Wonderful victory for the 20's.....set from an awesome scrum platform - 3 (?)tight heads &plenty of turnover ball too.

Both centrest marked pretty heavily...but always great to see wingers & props grabbing the meat pies !

Bring on the Poms on Friday.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Thoroughly enjoyable start to the campaign.

How good was our scrum? Tight 5 take a bow. Ala'alatoa rewarded by their efforts with the 1st meat pie of the tournament.

Confidence in the scrum will be sky high going into the 2nd pool game against England on Friday. However, we'll need to work on securing possession from the kick offs.

McMahon just pipped his flanker mate, Perry, for man of the match honours for mine. However, there were plenty of good performers, including, Payne and Stewart.

Stewart was selfless passing to Kellaway for the #11's 1st try. McMahon's strong burst setting up Kellaway for his 2nd try in the latter's 1st year out of school.

McIntyre also showed plenty of classy touches especially in the lead up to Kellaway's 1st try and the money ball for Lacey's try.

If you missed the game it would be well worth watching a replay.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Abandoning the BB v Scots game, too much to do.

Classic Scottish E.W.E. performance. Effort without Execution.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Thought Jim Stewart was a rock in the middle, and that McMahon was very dominant. He also looked very big against his contemporaries.

McIntyre is a tidy first five and has good skills, but his pop-gun boot will be a hinderence further in the competition.

Jonah looked very short, and had a few brain-fades that he got away with.

Kellaway looked very classy, runs very intelligent lines. Has it been said before that he has abit of Joe Roff about him?

RHP also looked strong, and Perry and Scoble were industrious over the ball.

Scrum was fantastic.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Thought Jim Stewart was a rock in the middle, and that McMahon was very dominant. He also looked very big against his contemporaries.

McIntyre is a tidy first five and has good skills, but his pop-gun boot will be a hinderence further in the competition.

Kellaway looked very classy, runs very intelligent lines. Has it been said before that he has abit of Joe Roff about him?

Scrum was fantastic.

I thought Jack Payne was good as well, had a few turn over but looks like he could be an excellent player.

I have a real good feel about this team

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We beat Samoa 60-5 did we not? Things looking good. England and South Africa look very strong however.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Wonderful victory for the 20's...set from an awesome scrum platform - 3 (?)tight heads &plenty of turnover ball too.

Both centrest marked pretty heavily.but always great to see wingers & props grabbing the meat pies !
Have you headed over mate or still working hard?
Bring on the Poms on Friday.

Have you headed over or still working hard Jag?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)

Scrum was fantastic.
In the next hit out don't be surprised that neither Scobie or Perry in the starting 22. Tevita Vea and Michael Gunn against the quality that is the next game.
Tom Robertson is a definite starter to make the english lads know that Australia are just a little serious about this.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
just watch the oz v arg game. the whole team went well but McMahon was exceptional

the tight five made mince meat of the argies at scrum time

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In the next hit out don't be surprised that neither Scobie or Perry in the starting 22. Tevita Vea and Michael Gunn against the quality that is the next game.
Tom Robertson is a definite starter to make the english lads know that Australia are just a little serious about this.

Um I think you'll find that was our best XV.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
We beat Samoa 60-5 did we not? Things looking good. England and South Africa look very strong however.
I did not watch the Baby Boks game. Understand Pollard and Vermeulen had good matches. Vermeulen has been called in very late, I expect him and JD Schickerling to be excellent in a years time. They were still schoolboy laaities last year. Posted last year in the schoolboy section
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/sa-schoolboy-action.7936/page-4#post-482094

Status
Not open for further replies.