• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 ARU 7s Age Championships and Commonwealth Youth Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Queensland Youth Boys Sevens squads selected to contest National Championships

Queensland Rugby Union today announced the two teams that will travel to the Australian Youth Boys Sevens National Championships at Narrabeen, running from Friday 27 to Sunday 1 March.

The two teams, Queensland Red and Queensland White, were selected following a number of training sessions held at Ballymore since December 2014.

2014 Queensland Schoolboy representative Reece Hewat will line up for Queensland Red.

Red Squad
1. Reece Hewat
2. Martin Koortz
3. Sam Wallis
4. Liam McNamara
5. Jayden Ngamanu
6. Clifton Setu (c)
7. Sam Edwards
8. Geoff Roberston
9. Dylan Riley
10. Tiaotin Raoren
11. Kris Verevis
12. Liam Moseley

White
1. Jamison Quirk
2. Rodney Pita
3. Marcel Yonker
4. Reuben Wall
5. Eli Pilz
6. Matt Abrahams
7. Andrew Ramsden
8. Kailab Coventry
9. Quillan Pritchard-Malakai
10. Ben Simpson
11. Jordan Lenac
12. Jakeb Roir

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...lected-to-contest-National-Championships.aspx

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Queensland Youth Boys Sevens squads selected to contest National Championships

Queensland Rugby Union today announced the two teams that will travel to the Australian Youth Boys Sevens National Championships at Narrabeen, running from Friday 27 to Sunday 1 March.

The two teams, Queensland Red and Queensland White, were selected following a number of training sessions held at Ballymore since December 2014.

2014 Queensland Schoolboy representative Reece Hewat will line up for Queensland Red.

Red Squad
1. Reece Hewat
2. Martin Koortz
3. Sam Wallis
4. Liam McNamara
5. Jayden Ngamanu
6. Clifton Setu (c)
7. Sam Edwards
8. Geoff Roberston
9. Dylan Riley
10. Tiaotin Raoren
11. Kris Verevis
12. Liam Moseley

White
1. Jamison Quirk
2. Rodney Pita
3. Marcel Yonker
4. Reuben Wall
5. Eli Pilz
6. Matt Abrahams
7. Andrew Ramsden
8. Kailab Coventry
9. Quillan Pritchard-Malakai
10. Ben Simpson
11. Jordan Lenac
12. Jakeb Roir

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...lected-to-contest-National-Championships.aspx
Congratulations to all the boys and Good Luck!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
From what I hear the Red team had a pretty tidy tournament on Saturday, putting up against a senior side in one of the finals.

Piller

Bob McCowan (2)
NSW players for the coming 7s are

Tim Anstee – Sydney Metro
Dylan Pietch – Sydney Metro
Lach Anderson – Sydney Metro
James Armstrong – Sydney Metro
Tom Wright – Sydney Metro
Will Terry – Sydney Metro
Simon Kennewell – Sydney Metro
Tyrone Taukamo - Sydney Metro
Fraser Toohey - Sydney Metro
Luke Osbourne - Sydney Metro
Nick Brown - Sydney Metro
James Hawkins - Sydney Metro
Bailey Dalton - Sydney Metro
Dimitry Chipizubov - Sydney Metro
Riley Angles Corke - Sydney Metro
Alex Pohla – Sydney Metro
Taulogo Lalaga Country Juniors
Jack Morrison – Sydney Metro
Josh Noonan – Sydney Metro
Eamonn Molenaar – Country Juniors
Sepesa Loga-tarogi – Sydney Metro

I think there are 3 more players to be added

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/News/New...-Championships-unleashes-next-generation.aspx

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
NSW players for the coming 7s are

Tim Anstee – Sydney Metro
Dylan Pietch – Sydney Metro
Lach Anderson – Sydney Metro
James Armstrong – Sydney Metro
Tom Wright – Sydney Metro
Will Terry – Sydney Metro
Simon Kennewell – Sydney Metro
Tyrone Taukamo - Sydney Metro
Fraser Toohey - Sydney Metro
Luke Osbourne - Sydney Metro
Nick Brown - Sydney Metro
James Hawkins - Sydney Metro
Bailey Dalton - Sydney Metro
Dimitry Chipizubov - Sydney Metro
Riley Angles Corke - Sydney Metro
Alex Pohla – Sydney Metro
Taulogo Lalaga Country Juniors
Jack Morrison – Sydney Metro
Josh Noonan – Sydney Metro
Eamonn Molenaar – Country Juniors
Sepesa Loga-tarogi – Sydney Metro

I think there are 3 more players to be added

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/News/New...-Championships-unleashes-next-generation.aspx
Should be a good contest, my prediction is, final between NSW 1 and Qld Red.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Draw for the Nationals this weekend.

Attachments

• 2015_Draw National Youth Rugby Sevens BOYS.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 2015_Draw National Youth Rugby Sevens GIRLS.docx
    19.9 KB · Views: 306

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
The only prediction is it will be great. I'm going to watch my daughter with another mate who's daughter is playing too. So we will have a great 2 days sitting there in our camping chairs watching all the kids play just like the both of us NEVER EVER could.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The only prediction is it will be great. I'm going to watch my daughter with another mate who's daughter is playing too. So we will have a great 2 days sitting there in our camping chairs watching all the kids play just like the both of us NEVER EVER could.
Good Luck for your daughter, I too will be watching my son play and it should be a great week end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I trust that there will be some Match scores and updates posted from the comfort of your camping chairs as the day unfolds.

If nothing else, periodically toddle over to the canteen and take a photo of the tournament whiteboard, and post the resulting photo on here. Saves a stack of two thumb "typing".

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Can we assume or does someone know even though the competition is listed Friday - Sunday is it in fact just Saturday and Sunday given the boys and girls would be in School and the program has only day 1 and 2?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Possible that the Friday is a travel, mobilisation, and administration day for the interstate participants (after school) so everything is ready to go on Saturday morning without further ado.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Yep, you are right on the money HJ as the Friday is for the travelers to get there and to acclimatize to that Northern Beaches air. As I am just an old "shearer fella" I will have to rely on my mate to send you updates as I don't possess one of those "smart phone" thingies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can we assume or does someone know even though the competition is listed Friday - Sunday is it in fact just Saturday and Sunday given the boys and girls would be in School and the program has only day 1 and 2?
Friday is travel and event meeting with Saturday pool games and Sunday the last of the pool games and finals.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^

Thanks for the link. I have found that the ARU Competition links are always accurate, but are not as live as implied. They are often updated over night, or well after games have been played.

It always adds to the colour of the event if we can get "Johnny on the Spot" reporting live.

Piller

Bob McCowan (2)
It looks like “South Australia” is pulling out, and “NSW Country” is filling the void, to still make it 10 teams. NSW will now have 3 teams, which are NSW Blue, NSW White and NSW Country. I still think that NSW Blue will be in the Final, but expect NSW Country to create a few upset. On paper, NSW Blue should play Queensland Red in the Cup Final.

Good Clean Game

Bob McCowan (2)
It looks like “South Australia” is pulling out, and “NSW Country” is filling the void, to still make it 10 teams. NSW will now have 3 teams, which are NSW Blue, NSW White and NSW Country. I still think that NSW Blue will be in the Final, but expect NSW Country to create a few upset. On paper, NSW Blue should play Queensland Red in the Cup Final.

I assume you're referring to the boys' teams with your predictions above. Anyone care to offer any opinion as to which of the girls's teams are likely to be the ones to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.