• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The northern Under 20s get five "test" matches in their Under 20 Six Nations series and they train together during the week to get ready for the next one as the seniors do; sometimes it's two weeks.

That's not quite the same as three matches in a matter of days for the Oceania series - and Samoa and Japan being two of the opponents.

It would be ideal to have the same set up with The four Rugby Championship countries but the travel expense would be prohibitive and I don't think that the SAffers would be terribly interested with the set-up they have - although they played Argentina U20's last year in their preparation, come to think of it.

T

TOCC

How do the NH teams go for getting players released from their clubs?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think this is the NSW side playing now v. Tonga - told to me by S. Squirrel.

1. Orr
2. Fainga'a
3. Sandell
4. Hanigan
5. Williams
6. Kellaway N
7. McCalman
8. Kamp
9. Short
10. Deegan
11. Hutchison
12. Redden
13. Newsome
14. Jones
15. Kellaway A

Most others would be in the reserves - with Croke (I think) one of the two not playing. It is the same starting team as against the Norths and Souths senior 1st Grade teams except for 4 and 6.

If this is the best team (and it may not be) I'm a bit disappointed that Lukhan LT, who is great raw material, was not chosen; but realistically Williams is much more experienced and Hanigan had to come back into the side after his ankle problem cleared up.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Thanks SE it must have been a ding-dong game.
Very even and the lead just kept switching. The Baa Baas dominated in the scrums. A few dropped balls and miscommunications in the Baa Baas, but a great hit out for both sides. I was surprised QLD wasn't more dominant, though they had fewer mistakes overall.
Played with good spirit but very aggressive. A few hard hits left some boys on the deck recovering with trainers for a minute or two, but no serious injuries as far as I could tell.
Both teams started with their 1-15 jerseys I think (might have been one or two exceptions) but I missed the first 20 minutes.
There are programs but no team names with numbers, so difficult to name names. Nobody was really a standout, but Fittock and Rhodda for QLD were everywhere.
Hopefully other correspondents will have more to add...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
If anybody is taking photos down there on any day and can send some to me - please contact me by convo.

Thanks

Keep the reports coming SE - good stuff.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
a96ebcc5a1782252087a413e28570ddf.jpg

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Half time score: NSW 33 v Tonga 7. Tonga had 2 yellow cards. NSW 1 yellow card (Kellaway). Cards for infringements around the ruck - not releasing the player, falling over ball, etc. tough game, but NSW clearly dominant. Tonga has had many penalties, NSW only a couple.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
If this is the best team (and it may not be) I'm a bit disappointed that Lukhan LT, who is great raw material, was not chosen; but realistically Williams is much more experienced and Hanigan had to come back into the side after his ankle problem cleared up.
Lukhan on now. 30 to go second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.