• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
^ ^ ^
The Other Kellaway. It would save the McCalmans driving in from Cumnock and from @Lee Grants reports, Nick Kellaway was the second unluckiest New South Welshman to play

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Good call. Nick can cover 4/5 at a pinch as well. Has he played any games at 8, although Korczyk seems to have a vice like grip on that guernsey?

Jack Mack may be a little bit on the light side to be a notta 6/8 replacement. He strikes me as a 7 that can cover 6/8 at a pinch if there is a Yellow Card/Red Card to the 6 or 8.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^ Good call. Nick can cover 4/5 at a pinch as well. Has he played any games at 8, although Korczyk seems to have a vice like grip on that guernsey?

Jack Mack may be a little bit on the light side to be a notta 6/8 replacement. He strikes me as a 7 that can cover 6/8 at a pinch if there is a Yellow Card/Red Card to the 6 or 8.

Jack Redden is on a plane tonight.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)

Has played 8 and has probably 12 kg on McCalman. Pretty quick for a big guy, but his brother would beg to differ

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is like questioning the Heads of Public Service Department at Senate Estimates time.

Information is coming out on trickle feed rate, and only after the question has been asked 15 times.

So ... ... ... we have a half back and an outside back en route to Italy to replace one of the seemingly match fit halfbacks, and Conrad Quick.

A notta 6/8 is allegedly in a moon boot on the plane home, with seemingly no one on the plane to replace him. Possibly Nick Kellaway, or Hamish Dunbar/Jack MacCalman should be there to replace him. Any one???

Aaron Pleash is also allegedly crocked. Have we got any Pot Plants ready to join the team in Italy? Vuni Fifita, Francis Brown perhaps?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
12 changes to the starting 15 for New Zealand against Italy.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11462839

The team is: (15-1) Luteru Laulala, Tevita Li, Jack Goodhue, Nathaniel Apa, Vince Aso, Otere Black, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Akira Ioane, Blake Gibson, James Blackwell, Hamish Dalzell, Josh Goodhue, Atu Moli (c), Liam Polwart, Isi Tu'ungafasi
Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Aidan Ross, Tau Koloamatangi, Mitch Dunshea, Henry Stowers, Harrison Levien, TJ Faiane, Mitch Hunt

B

Bobby Sands

I am going to read my book / sleep and see how I go for the Australian game.

But whilst it is a shame that we lose Lolo, Wilkin is a damn good player. Obviously we are a chance to be bashed off the ball, but I would think we should outwork them (with that backrow) - and I am sure will play accordingly.

Hope we can go with them. We should be aiming to win, always.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
South Africa just committed two cynical penalties in a space of a minute five metres from their line and yet no yellow card?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's hope the energy sapping heat (they already had a mandatory drinks break half way thru first half) will affect the Saffies more than us...

Yellow card ... ooh almost....

B

Bobby Sands

Thank god they don't have any subtly.

Not that they will need it, by the looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.