• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Any word on the likes of Jooste and Hewitt? Noticed they're not in opens or 20s. Are they injured or just not released. I know there are a couple of others like that but note that Mcauley has been released to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
Great looking lineups for those 4 teams with what looks like good combinations.
Very interested to see how the Rebels will end up after the final whistle having the likes of Mcgregor and Goddard in the halves.
I predict an electrifying 80 minutes of rugby for both games with 3 of the 4 teams having a bench full of firepower and skill to bring on.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any word on the likes of Jooste and Hewitt? Noticed they're not in opens or 20s. Are they injured or just not released. I know there are a couple of others like that but note that Mcauley has been released to play

Hewat should be joining the Qld u20 for round 3 (week 4) against Gen Blue.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great looking lineups for those 4 teams with what looks like good combinations.
Very interested to see how the Rebels will end up after the final whistle having the likes of Mcgregor and Goddard in the halves.
I predict an electrifying 80 minutes of rugby for both games with 3 of the 4 teams having a bench full of firepower and skill to bring on.
McGregor and Goddard will be a good combo, also Tualima and Farrel loose forward which is a bigger concern because they will have the 10's measure if he makes too many runs.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No it's not - No. 8 Max Girdler is in the reserves which I find extraordinary. But if they think Cooper is better, good luck to him - he's a goer.

Not a lot of depth at flyhalf come to think of it more, not that flyhalf is Wilkinson's best position anyway.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rugby News must have the sole rights to all franchises u20's media, because there ain't nothing on any of the franchises sites, web & FB. Lack of interest in their up and coming players?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No it's not - No. 8 Max Girdler is in the reserves which I find extraordinary. But if they think Cooper is better, good luck to him - he's a goer.

Not a lot of depth at flyhalf come to think of it more, not that flyhalf is Wilkinson's best position anyway.

Probably saving Max to fry bigger fish

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Rugby News must have the sole rights to all franchises u20's media, because there ain't nothing on any of the franchises sites, web & FB. Lack of interest in their up and coming players?

Yuuuuupppp!!! Typical of the ARU....only the Wallaby's and S16 count. You should know that by now.....

But when you watch Shute Shield and a lot of the Prem games or for that matter s20 games, they are more or equally exciting as a lot of S16 and Wallaby games....imo. Long live free flowing rugby!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oh there is quite a bit on u13 and girls rugby. Thanks to Redblack, who somehow seems to be in the know (he might even be shitting us with the Rebels & Qld u20's squad) but it is a poor show from the Rugby Unions. Good luck to the boys anyway and that goes for all 4 teams playing.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Just looked up the Rebels u20's website. They only have a listing of 36 players that have been selected! Wow is that even a selection?? or just a listing of random names that play colts rugby?

No sign of McGregor or Goddard's name on the selection list for the u20's? even though McGregor is on the general players list. Games?!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just looked up the Rebels u20's website. They only have a listing of 36 players that have been selected! Wow is that even a selection?? or just a listing of random names that play colts rugby?

No sign of McGregor or Goddard's name on the selection list for the u20's? even though McGregor is on the general players list. Games?!
Yeah Sage that is pretty old info circa Nov 2016.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm old school HTC & Sage. Who ever dominates up front wins the game. If the reds pack get forward momentum, Im hoping the backs will respect the ball they receive. Rebels look solid with ex reds boys looking to salvage some attention from local selectors. Big game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm old school HTC & Sage. Who ever dominates up front wins the game. If the reds pack get forward momentum, Im hoping the backs will respect the ball they receive. Rebels look solid with ex reds boys looking to salvage some attention from local selectors. Big game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah agree with ur sentiments break down; just feel the reds have (imo) better balance with more experience in the right positions.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah agree with ur sentiments break down; just feel the reds have (imo) better balance with more experience in the right positions.

Hope they use it. Should be a good game if Angus SY and Liam Wright fire and motivate in the forwards and the backs make use of Eadie's speed and Ngamanu's elusiveness through a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.