• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I predict a lot of changes to the Qld & Rebels u20's lineup next week due to injuries sustained in yesterday's game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I predict a lot of changes to the Qld & Rebels u20's lineup next week due to injuries sustained in yesterday's game!

I watched about 10 minutes of the game on the link,

I saw one of the Vic boys got injured and appeared to be some concern, looked like he might have been knocked cold in a tackle,

Does anyone know who it was and the extent of it?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
With an injury like that is it a mandatory 2 weeks off? If so he will only be back for the last game. Such a pity he is a good player and was off in less than a minute.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I hear the Reds are very close to signing Hockings but I don't know how they'll ever be able to squeeze Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Tui, Rodda AND Hockings into the same squad.

He's a good'un alright but he's only 18. He's not a bruiser like Rodda and Tui so it's unlikely he will expect a full contract for next year.

And if you want to make room - we'll have Tui back in Sydney, if you like.

Anything to help out.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Tualima very unfortunate to get that injury and just after kickoff as well doesn't help, I hope it is only 2 weeks. I believe ngamanu sustained an injury late in the 1st half. Noticed he was holding his arm, hope it's not too bad but he didn't play as well as I hoped. Was looking for some sting out wide but as HTC says, the backs never really got quality ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
There will be a few more added to the injury list. Replayed the head knock with Angus Blythe and he could possibly be out this weekend, #12 and #6 (Hunt and Ball) were also subbed for injury. Hard game for both sides.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
They have good depth plus I think Reece Hewat is due back after the bye round, not sure if he will play at 6 or 8? Blythe played well and if he is out for a week Ganita is a good replacement. Pat Tafa slotted in well at 6 but Ngamanu will be a loss if he is out. Not sure of the #12 Hunt.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I really don't get all this Angus Blythe hype. For a kid with such a big body, he just doesn't effectively use it, especially after watching him play school footy where he sometimes didn't even jump. Happy to Chat you are a big fan, what can you tell me about him because I haven't seen him in a while

Rodda seems to be becoming an extremely well rounded lock. I can see him going very far, very soon.

I also agree RE Hockings, that kid should be over in India at 1st slip. Big Sham Vui must be ready soon Lee, he has all the skills.

I still remember him actually running 80 metres and side stepping players at school as well as doing the clearance kicks. Kid can play.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I really don't get all this Angus Blythe hype. For a kid with such a big body, he just doesn't effectively use it, especially after watching him play school footy where he sometimes didn't even jump. Happy to Chat you are a big fan, what can you tell me about him because I haven't seen him in a while

Rodda seems to be becoming an extremely well rounded lock. I can see him going very far, very soon.

I also agree RE Hockings, that kid should be over in India at 1st slip. Big Sham Vui must be ready soon Lee, he has all the skills.

I still remember him actually running 80 metres and side stepping players at school as well as doing the clearance kicks. Kid can play.
Getwithme, not sure what you're smoking. Hocking was instrumental in winning opposition lineouts on Saturday, his ball running was superb. Mate you can't teach tall. Blythe is fresh out of school and only 18 years old I think and the first time he's run against boys this size. Lots of time to learn the tricks of the trade. It's what we've got and they're doing the job. Your comment re Hocking is a little low given he made the Aus u20's last year and will probably make it again this year.
"He played well" now I'm a fan. Haha.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Getwithme, not sure what you're smoking. Hocking was instrumental in winning opposition lineouts on Saturday, his ball running was superb. Mate you can't teach tall. Blythe is fresh out of school and only 18 years old I think and the first time he's run against boys this size. Lots of time to learn the tricks of the trade. It's what we've got and they're doing the job. Your comment re Hocking is a little low given he made the Aus u20's last year and will probably make it again this year.
"He played well" now I'm a fan. Haha.

I said Hockings hands were good and that's why he should be in India.. I was complimenting his ability... I think he's a gun and I was saying he could catch anything.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
They played field position for 100% of the game and had a near-faultless strike rate from inside the red zone, at least in the first half, plus Hunter Paisami shut down a few promising wide attacks by racing out of the line. At 30-13 who could complain?

Good problem to have - Hockings might be the best lineout jumper I've seen. Incredible handling skills from a springy 203cm-.

Totally agree King. Thing HTC and co. need to be a bit more patient; all the players played a fairly smart though conservative game. It will come in time. First up game was a big tick.

On hocking, have been impressed with him for a season now; and his handing skills and general level of fitness around the park excellent. However he is still in development phase for senior rugby. Think he is a few years off the wallabies and the competition is the best since Eales and McCall. Think most of the current crop (except for the current two young fellows) will have to retire first before he becomes a regular

Very competent line out jumper, probably not the best ever seen but getting there. Have to wait until the u20 World Cup and his performance there before we give him more accolades.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
There will be a few more added to the injury list. Replayed the head knock with Angus Blythe and he could possibly be out this weekend, #12 and #6 (Hunt and Ball) were also subbed for injury. Hard game for both sides.

Callum's hand didn't look good. Very bad sprain at best; thought he had a really good game considering it's not his usual position.

Tony hand on the other hand didn't look as bad and is a bit of a chronic condition which tony being tony, he usually ignores. Didn't think hocking was concussed, very lucid when he came off and was chatty .... Then again I'm not a doctor. But he appeared fine.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
^^^^^^

Calum's thumb broken and ligament damage, Jayden may have just aggravated his hand injury and may possibly be out this weekend, I did hear he was going for X-rays. Blythe was lucid but not sure how the medical staff see it?
PS I know you meant Blythe.

Status
Not open for further replies.