• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Teams for both matches here:

There's a good story about reserve LHP David Puchert from Port Macquarie.

He wasn't in the NSW U20s and I'd never heard of him but apparently Mario Ledesma was at training at his local club, and passed his name on to Cron.

Talking of front rowers: I was a bit surprised that the three who started against Samoa are running on again today.

I thought they would be reserved for the Kiwi game on Saturday.

There are no sheep stations to be won or lost against Fiji, who would be weaker than Samoa. If ever there was a good chance to test the reserve players in the absence of Super Rugby players, THP Sham Vui and hooker Jordan Uelese, it was in this game.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
There's a good story about reserve LHP David Puchert from Port Macquarie.

He wasn't in the NSW U20s and I'd never heard of him but apparently Mario Ledesma was at training at his local club, and passed his name on to Cron.

that's one way of avoiding the Gen Bloo circle of love

Well done to him, the pic in the local paper shows a pretty fit looking lad maybe worth more than 20 mins

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
What time?

NZ v Samoa starts at 3pm
Aus v Fiji starts at 5pm

The video feed starts 10 minutes before.

Once the live feed starts you can't view what happen before - it's live only.

But after the game you can see it from the beginning and no doubt be able to go back to replay bits of it - I'm not sure.

How long after the game is over can you see it from the beginning? I don't know.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually with the live feed I'm getting today you can go back in time - couldn't do it last time.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cron chops and changes for Fiji clash

OCEANIA RUGBY U20S CHAMPIONSHIP
Australian U20s coach Simon Cron has made six changes to his starting XV that will take on Fiji tonight.

Cron was far from pleased with his team's opening 43-20 win against Samoa on Friday and has taken a broom through the team as a result.

That was to be expected, though, as this tournament is essentially three trials prior to the World Championships in Georgia at the end of the month.

The back line will be almost completely different to the one that ran out against Samoa.

Queensland U20s halfback Harry Nucifora will start at halfback in place of Ryan Lonergan.

Nucifora's QLD teammate Dylan Riley shifts into the centres in to pair up with Tony Hunt, with the hole left by Riley on the right wing to be filled by Clay Uyen.
Dylan Riley will start at outside centre. Photo: Oceania Rugby/Sportography
Dylan Riley will start at outside centre. Photo: Oceania Rugby/Sportography
Semisi Tupou comes in at fullback, pushing Jayden Ngamanu out onto the other wing.

In the forwards, Lachlan Swinton and Darcy Swain form a new-look lock combination, while Angus Allen comes in for Liam Wright at openside flanker.

"We talked after our match against Samoa and thought we blew a number of opportunities through not executing our basic skills," Cron said.

"As a squad, we need to continue to up-skill in regards to skill execution and attacking knowledge.

"Our defensive shapes were taking form against Samoa, but again we can improve of our contact zone.

"We’ve had a good few days on the paddock and I am looking forward to seeing the boys back playing.

"Fiji are strong, explosive athletes and they will be a big physical challenge!

"They’re a very passionate Rugby nation and it's a pleasure to have a chance to play against them.”

TEAM

Australia U20s team to face Fiji

1. Harry Johnson-Holmes, NSW Gen Blue U20s, Sydney University

2. Efi Maafu, Queensland U20s, Wests

3. Harry Chapman, NSW Gen Blue U20s, Randwick

4. Lachlan Swinton, NSW Gen Blue U20s, Sydney University

5. Darcy Swain, Brumbies U20s, Tugerranong Vikings

6. Angus Scott-Young (vc), Queensland U20s, University of Queensland

7. Angus Allen, Brumbies U20s, Wests

8. Reece Hewat (c), Queensland U20s, Norths

9. Harry Nucifora, Queensland U20s, Bond University

10. Nick Jooste (vc), Brumbies U20s, Wests

11. Jayden Ngamanu, Queensland U20s, Souths

12. Tony Hunt, Queensland U20s, University of Queensland

13. Dylan Riley, Queensland U20s, Bond University

14. Clay Uyen, Western Force U20s, University of WA

15. Semisi Tupou, Melbourne Rebels U20s, Box Hill

Reserves

16. Sama Malolo, Western Force U20s, Wests Scarborough

17. David Puchert, Port Macquarie Pirates

18. Vaauli Faamausili, Melbourne Rebels U20s, Moorabbin

19. Angus Blyth, Queensland U20s, Bond University

20.Liam Wright, Queensland U20s, Easts

21. Ryan Lonergan, Brumbies U20s, Tugerranong Vikings

22. Theo Strang, NSW Gen Blue U20s, Sydney University

23. Len Ikatau, Brumbies U20s, Tugerranong Vikings

The Australian U20s take on the Fiji U20s kicking off at 5pm, broadcast LIVE on

www.rugby.com.au

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some of the handling is atrocious.

This 12 deadset can't pass. It doesn't help the rest of the backs can't catch.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why does the halfback take two steps - in place - before releasing the ball? He isn't even using the momentum.

Extremely bad habit. How was that not beaten out of him at school or state level?

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some of the handling is atrocious.

This 12 deadset can't pass. It doesn't help the rest of the backs can't catch.
I said the same thing when watching Qld v NSW at wests about six weeks ago.
Even worse going right to left. Picked for bash and barge. Australia will pay a price for no skilled second flyhalf

Status
Not open for further replies.