• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 Quarter Final NSFW Waratahs vs Otago Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not much chat here for a final

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quarter final with one-sixteenth of the chat. I think it reflects the general lack of expectation. I mean, what's to say? Tahs have been on a downturn, Highlanders maybe up. Hard to find a realistic angle to talk it up.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Quarter final with one-sixteenth of the chat. I think it reflects the general lack of expectation. I mean, what's to say? Tahs have been on a downturn, Highlanders maybe up. Hard to find a realistic angle to talk it up.
Have faith Tahs by 7 ..jesus its a sad day when a Brumbies fans more confident in the Tahs then there own rustyed on's.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Have faith Tahs by 7 ..jesus its a sad day when a Brumbies fans more confident in the Tahs then there own rustyed on's.

The longer you support the Tahs, the more bitter disappointments you have witnessed. In 2014, I was confident, as they were playing really good footy every week leading in. This year, not so much. It is what it is.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Im no tahs fan i take delight usually in there beating but as only aussie team im jumping on board

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jesus that was poor defence Rona and Foley piss poor read in defence there and Landers in the corner

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cheerl.gif

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
yeah that about sums up the tahs season. get near to scoring, fuck it up, miss a bunch of tackles, leak a try.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I've tuned into my first super rugby game for 2018 - more out of a sense of obligation.

First I'm told by Nick McArdle that "there's a good crowd rolling in", but when the game starts the stands appear sparsely populated (maybe they're all in the queues for the toilets/bar/food outlets at the woefully inadequte stafium).

Then George Gregan and Drew Mitchell attempt to bore me to death with strangely monotone drivel.

Clarkey is trying to sound excited. Kearnsy seems already resigned to the inevitable. Things are so bad even Kafe is feeling sorry for the Waratahs - the usual pathological Waratah hatred nowhere to be found.

Things going according to script - Highlanders up 20-6 after 25 mins.

I'm way our of the loop Super Rugby wise - I'm a little unsure as to why the Highlanders are wearing fluro green. Do they work part time on building sites or as traffic wardens as part of some new age training regime?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man Gardner is smoking them crack rocks eh. Whats that? Theres an offside in rugby? Whatsit for then eh?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've tuned into my first super rugby game for 2018 - more out of a sense of obligation.

First I'm told by Nick McArdle that "there's a good crowd rolling in", but when the game starts the stands appear sparsely populated (maybe they're all in the queues for the toilets/bar/food outlets at the woefully inadequte stafium).

Then George Gregan and Drew Mitchell attempt to bore me to death with strangely monotone drivel.

Clarkey is trying to sound excited. Kearnsy seems already resigned to the inevitable. Things are so bad even Kafe is feeling sorry for the Waratahs - the usual pathological Waratah hatred nowhere to be found.

Things going according to script - Highlanders up 20-6 after 25 mins.

I'm way our of the loop Super Rugby wise - I'm a little unsure as to why the Highlanders are wearing fluro green. Do they work part time on building sites or as traffic wardens as part of some new age training regime?
Well must be exciting game if you noticed the crowd and the highlanders jerseys.

Follow the obligator bitch about the commentators and your jobs done.

Although I expect at least some bitch about the refs before ya finish up:) jks ;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No. He should not. I wouldn't even have him holding a tackle bag. He'd probably drop it.
I just saw Izzy pass forward and straight over the side line.. but the tahs some how get it kick to the corner and lineout... to throw it not sraight..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs playing like any oz side should be expected against NZ sides in pressure situations as they have not changed the psyche and dialogue....Tahs are playing like they are star struck and lacking self belief...a reflection of many oz super rugby sides which gets confused with rugby smarts but in reality also about lack of confidence and self belief compared to NZ sides who are frankly in many cases not better but have much more self belief.....

Status
Not open for further replies.