• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think it shows where the value lies in the business and the direction they have been heading by making the head of Foxsports the CEO of the whole company.

They still have some big shows and a lot of decent shows that people would love to have on Netflix etc. and probably pirate now because they can't justify the cost of Foxtel.

There are so many good TV shows out there now though that access to a particular show isn't really a compelling reason to pay for Foxtel. You can pirate that show if you really want it or for most of the shows, just not watch them because there are tons of other good shows to watch. Game of Thrones is really the only show that makes people outraged that they can only watch it legally on Foxtel.

And if HBO ever decided to launch their streaming platform here. That would be the end of it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And if HBO ever decided to launch their streaming platform here. That would be the end of it.

Pretty much...........

It’s the only exclusive premium content they carry after Stan acquired Showtime’s programs.

Between Netflix and Stan they already have everything else that’s on Foxtel, including the latest movies.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Bad for the rest of Foxtel, which is completely fucking redundant.

Well maybe ... but if I could get the sport only on Foxtel Now for $15-20 per month, I'd definitely get it (or even just Cricket and Rugby for that price). At $44 per month (you need a starter pack and then sport on top of it) I can't justify it enough (or be able to convince the wife).

There is an opportunity for FoxSports to really look at debundling a bit more than they are and then being able to actually target markets more sharply rather than having a single broad product across everyone.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well maybe . but if I could get the sport only on Foxtel Now for $15-20 per month, I'd definitely get it (or even just Cricket and Rugby for that price). At $44 per month (you need a starter pack and then sport on top of it) I can't justify it enough (or be able to convince the wife).

There is an opportunity for FoxSports to really look at debundling a bit more than they are and then being able to actually target markets more sharply rather than having a single broad product across everyone.

I hate that you have to select multiple packages in order to get the one you actually want. And I think it's something that has really hurt pay platforms here until the arrival of Netflix etc.

If they launch Fox Sports as a standalone I'll have it from day one. And I suspect they'll see a huge uptake as well.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I didn't catch it all so, don't rely on this. I just heard an interview on the radio stating that Fox will launch a streaming app for the cricket at a cost of $10.99 per month.

I'd guess that they will start a cricket channel and make that available as a stand alone via the stream.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think CA have stuffed this up in a massive way. Sending your most regular content to be hidden away on pay tv, basically only leaving the stuff on the anti-siphoning list for free to air. If only there was a case study on the folly of hiding your sport away apart from a select few events. I reckon the guys at the NBL are pretty excited about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There is still going to be a massive amount of cricket on FTA. I don't think people will notice that much.

I also think that we will see a lower price point Foxsports cricket subscription pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Does this mean we no longer have to put up with Tubby, Heals, Slats, and Pup - or will they simply transition to Foxtel? Hopefully Brendon Julian is retained.

Think Brendon needs a spot on the worst commentator pole, just so there will be one there who doesn't rate a single vote. He is by far the best of the sporting commentators.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Press reporting robina stadium sold out for the rugby sevens yesterday. Looked like a bug crowd going by the hilights.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Prime time exposure on fta for rugby. Chockers robina stadium with aus and fiji womens . A nice segment on the lucas brothers at sunnybank rugby club.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
My thoughts on the SCG

Great facilities however not a place to watch rugby period. There was this really good feeling amongst our group as we were walking to the footy once we got there it quickly disappeared, you are just too far from the action and on a weird angle.

There was a good crowd IMO, some sections were full, definitely not huge but their best crowd this season by far. I’m happy with the win but it feels like I didn’t even watch the game due to our seats, and we did try to move but they did not let us go upstairs to the second level.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Tahs v Reds, biggest game of the year - 58k

Highlanders v Brumbies - 43k
Hurricanes v Chiefs - 32k
Rebels v Jaguars - 25k

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Tahs v Reds, biggest game of the year - 58k

Highlanders v Brumbies - 43k
Hurricanes v Chiefs - 32k
Rebels v Jaguars - 25k

Having said all that, comms games effect has meant low ratings for everyone across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.