• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 crowds and ratings

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Still 233k for bledisloe is pretty lousy - got lot work to do to re- engage fans - the sort of result acheivef Sunday is a start though

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd say thats a disappointing figure on both fronts - yes 2pm on a Sunday is a tough one. We need to get back to the mil mark next week for any meaningful 2021 broadcast discussion leverage.
I get so pissed of the neglect of our game to allow the figures to be like this. Just really makes me feel rugby needs major (private equity) investment to change the games fortunes as will take a lot to rebuild and reengage fans even despite strength of world game

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Still 233k for bledisloe is pretty lousy - got lot work to do to re- engage fans - the sort of result acheivef Sunday is a start though

Technically it's nearly 450k watching if you combine fox and 10. Still not sure if fox includes Kayo viewers as well. Could well be close to half a million people watching. Not bad I say.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Technically it's nearly 450k watching if you combine fox and 10. Still not sure if fox includes Kayo viewers as well. Could well be close to half a million people watching. Not bad I say.

Doesn't include Kayo, for Super that added another 40% to the Foxtel numbers. So if that number is the same it adds about 150K, thus around 600K.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doesn't include Kayo, for Super that added another 40% to the Foxtel numbers. So if that number is the same it adds about 150K, thus around 600K.

I wonder if it is as many when it is also on FTA?

For a small amount of anecdotal evidence, can the people who have Kayo tell us whether they watched on Kayo or Ten?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

For a small amount of anecdotal evidence, can the people who have Kayo tell us whether they watched on Kayo or Ten?

I had it running on both. Had it on 10 because I thought it was higher quality but in the ad breaks would switch over to Kayo.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

As someone who may or may not have got a neilsen box for the express purpose of boosting rugby ratings, I make sure to always watch the free to air broadcast when it's available, checking in all of the many guests who come to my house for the game. Otherwise the convenience of Kayo would win out for me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I would prefer to watch the commentary on 10, but this time I watched through Kayo for various reasons.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I watched on fox . Mainly didn't want the cut to ads, Didn't mind Tony Squires (although I think he knows zilch about rugby). think Fox might be conscious and trying to change it up a bit. Justin Harrison had a bigger role, I think trying to lessen Kearns

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
I have both and watched it on 10 - much rather a KFC advert than listen to the inane droning on Kayo/Fox - Bray and Burke actually sound as if they like the game of rugby

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Watched on Foxtel Now with son. Wife and daughter had it going on 10 in another room. 10 was more than a minute in advance of Fox. Had to ask the ladies to keep the cheering and groaning quiet.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Watched it on Ten as Kayo is slightly delayed.

Good passion from the Ten commentators but cripes it wouldn't hurt them to try and be a bit more neutral/professional - Burke saying stuff like "catch it!" when the Wallabies went up for a high ball and his ongoing mocking/laughing at the refs is all a bit amateur hour.