• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby AU Round 5 Force v Rebels

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That forward pass is why players should know how to pass off their hips, if Lance had of he still would of passed back. Thrush should of given him more time too!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep you maybe right mate,but I not convinced To'omua is a 10 either,

Wallaby 12 maybe but we have seen there before - more maybe a good super rugby player who is not really a wallaby except not much else really ahead of the pack for 10 or 12 hence his name comes up

dru

Tim Horan (67)
AND another dull 10 min with no team wanting to chance an error, kicking to the other end.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wallaby 12 maybe but we have seen there before - more maybe a good super rugby player who is not really a wallaby except not much else really ahead of the pack for 10 or 12 hence his name comes up

Now RN, when you go to games and such a small crowd, can you at least wave to us poor posters that can't be there?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Your post gives me a chance to quote the following stat. Angus Roberts is the only player to kick a field/drop goal for the Rebels.
We need someone who can take the responsibility to take that shot. You look at a tight international you need someone who can end the game and get you a win. It’s an issue that nobody will kick a drop goal in Aus rugby

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Odd game. Be curious to see the average number of phases per team, lots of errors. Really enjoyed it even if the skill and discipline at times was really poor. Loved the desire and energy by both teams. Close arm wrestle which was very entertaining.

Think Lance maybe getting his use by date as a 10 at this level.

I actually thought he did pretty well. Cleaned up a lot, probed the line of the odd occasion, kicked well and generally controlled things. Besides the odd moment (like taking it to the line for that sequence leading to a try) and a not unreasonable box kick, I actually thought Frisbey was a bit ordinary. Some really poor passes (real shovels) coupled with some rather slow service.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A tough tough defeat to the Force family. And our supporters live and breath it. Especially tough to the Rebels who have inherited the best of our squad. What tonight's game shows is that we can compete on any stage at any time on short notice. We have rebuilt and maintained a professional team in WA who have stepped into Super Rugby despite having our playing squad decimated. We have found new players and put them well and truly into the national spotlight. Well done Force and Rugby WA and particularly Twiggy Forrest who backed us in. We are proud of our boys, our team....lets chase that first win, it's close.