• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby AU Round 5 Force v Rebels

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Can the Force bounce back? Can the Rebels retain some momentum?

Should be a interesting game

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
GRRRUUUUDGE MATCH. Force v Force 2.0. Both playing away from home. Relegation match surely, if Rebels lose they can take back Wessels.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Rebels have been the WF's nemesis.
I think the count is 9 Rebels to 34 WF.
I reckon we'll see some changes in the backs this week - hopefully including Kahui to start.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Rebels have been the WF's nemesis.
I think the count is 9 Rebels to 3 WF.
I reckon we'll see some changes in the backs this week - hopefully including Kahui to start.

hopefully prior back or at least frisby lance combo better click this week

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Teams always play a fair bit better the week after being embarrassed. I am hoping this applies to the Force, but we'll definitely need Greg Holmes fit if we are going to last the 80. $50 someone picks up a red card.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Got my tickets to force vs rebels - 3rd week in a row going to super au rugby game - Sydney rugby Crowd pathetic in there support for pro rugby as hardly a hard core sports fan but yet I make the effort to attend matches given more readily accessible and regular matches in Sydney to attend...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Surely this game will be a trial for who get's the biggest offers to play for Force next year, suspect that Twiggy may want a few of his boys back?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Surely this game will be a trial for who get's the biggest offers to play for Force next year, suspect that Twiggy may want a few of his boys back?

Not sure Dan if rumours in press of private equity investment being considered in the rebels - but be good to know soon what next year looks like for clubs like the Force and Rebels and what competition they are playing in and funding behind it (possible PE investment, broadcast deal etc)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
112848472_4353680994672425_3019469034563469016_n.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't like Philip being rested, hope we're not taking the Force too lightly. Excited to see Naisarani back, such a reliably great player. But more excited to see Wilkin back, he was in fine form before his injury. Wells, Hardwick, Naisarani, Wilkin & Leota are a pretty handy collection of backrowers. Rebels by 20

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't like Philip being rested, hope we're not taking the Force too lightly. Excited to see Naisarani back, such a reliably great player. But more excited to see Wilkin back, he was in fine form before his injury. Wells, Hardwick, Naisarani, Wilkin & Leota are a pretty handy collection of backrowers. Rebels by 20

I think Phillip being on the bench is a tactic to bring on some firepower in the latter part of the game. I hope they aren't taking the Force lightly. The score last week was not a true reflection of their performance and let's not talk about that game back in 2014.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Phillip and Pone coming on late to do the hard work, good luck Force. We know Pone is not the ideal Prop for 50-60 minutes yet, he is the ideal to come on with 20 to go and cause some trouble for the opposition.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would think the Force are chance for this one - force met the brumbies in their best game so far in super rugby au