• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 3 - Waratahs v Brumbies @ ANZ Stadium - Saturday 18 July

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Waratahs

1. Tom Robertson
2. Tom Horton
3. Harry Johnson-Holmes
4. Ned Hanigan
5. Rob Simmons (C)
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Jack Dempsey
9. Mitch Short
10. Will Harrison
11. Alex Newsome (VC)
12. Karmichael Hunt
13. Joey Walton
14. James Ramm
15. Jack Maddocks
Reserves
16. Robbie Abel
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Angus Bell
19. Tom Staniforth
20. Will Harris
21. Michael McDonald
22. Mark Nawaqanitawase
23. Ben Donaldson

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I like the changes for the Tahs. Sures up the starting scrum with Robertson back and a stronger defensive backline with Hunt back in the centres and Newsome on the wing instead of Nawaqanitawase.

Will Harris has been quiet and Jack Dempsey deserves a crack to show what he can do starting. Hopefully Will Harris will get a good chance off the bench to do some damage against tiring bodies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I posted this in the schoolboy thread but here’s an interesting tidbit that we might or might not hear from Greg Clarke—James Ramm and Tom Wright were in the same year at Joeys (finished in 2015). Wright was the superstar in the 1sts while Ramm started in the 3rds and eventually made it to 2nds, now they’re lining up opposite each other.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well that's a stronger team than last week for the Tahs but if the Brumbies manage to get out of second gear they should stroll past us.

I actually want to see the Brumbies hit form given they essentially have half the Wallaby pack in their team.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs will strengthened by having Tom Robertson starting and Bell on the bench. Five of last year's U20s on the bench looks good for the future. As well as Harrison and Walton in the starting side. In contrast only Lolesio in the Brumbies side.

Hope to see Banks fired up and his duel with Maddocks should be a highlight.

Any news on the officials? A bit more balance in refereeing the scrum would be most welcome.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Referee is Angus Gardner
Assistants are Amy Perrett and Reuben Keane
TMO is James Leckie

I've always liked the idea of refereeing team working together for an extended period, to gain some cohesion. Gardner and Perrett worked together last week, not sure about Keane. Might be a benefit of the smaller pool of officials working the SRAU games.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Tahs will strengthened by having Tom Robertson starting and Bell on the bench. Five of last year's U20s on the bench looks good for the future. As well as Harrison and Walton in the starting side. In contrast only Lolesio in the Brumbies side.

The Brumbies have Billy Pollard and Lachlan Albert tucked away somewhere who could both turn out to be real gems. I was really disappointed Waratahs didn't get Pollard. One of the best schoolboy forwards I've seen run out in Sydney in the last few years.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I like the changes for the Tahs. Sures up the starting scrum with Robertson back and a stronger defensive backline with Hunt back in the centres and Newsome on the wing instead of Nawaqanitawase.

Will Harris has been quiet and Jack Dempsey deserves a crack to show what he can do starting. Hopefully Will Harris will get a good chance off the bench to do some damage against tiring bodies.

I like that the changes generally reflect form. I think it's good for players to have a clear link. Starting Dempsey and Newsome on the wing makes me a lot happier.

Also a little shuffle will help present a different picture for the Brumbies to decode as they prep.

I hope Robertson goes well. He was developing into a damn fine player before his injuries.

I'm also really happy to see Donaldson on the bench. I'd love to see him get some more game time.

I guess the questions about Tepai Moeroa will continue.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
The Brumbies have Billy Pollard and Lachlan Albert tucked away somewhere who could both turn out to be real gems. I was really disappointed Waratahs didn't get Pollard. One of the best schoolboy forwards I've seen run out in Sydney in the last few years.

Could have been his (Pollards) choice in the end. The Brumbies do pretty well with the forwards down their in the academy, If I had a choice I'd have serious think about working with McKellar, Fisher n' co. Maybe we can lurer him back after they up-skill him ;-)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Because he's clearly the best referee in Australia?

Frankly we've got enough things to be complaining about at the moment, can we lay off the officials for just one minute...
I wasn’t complaining as such I’d just prefer Berry, and many rate him higher than Angus.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What’s the word on Ryan Lonergan?

Put in a couple of good stints earlier in the year, and he’s a freakishly good goal kicker.........