• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 3 - Waratahs v Brumbies @ ANZ Stadium - Saturday 18 July

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Brumbies have Billy Pollard and Lachlan Albert tucked away somewhere who could both turn out to be real gems. I was really disappointed Waratahs didn't get Pollard. One of the best schoolboy forwards I've seen run out in Sydney in the last few years.

And Nick Frost, Lachlan Lonergan, both with potential written all over them. I was really only talking about the gameday 23 above.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Very happy with the changes to the Tahs side, with perhaps the only other one I would have made being Staniforth for Hanigan. I think guys like Bell, Harris and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) have huge potential and represent a wonderful investment in the future for the Tahs, however they need to be eased in off the bench to get themselves up to this level, which is a big jump from where they've been playing. It's noteworthy that one of the most successful newcomers is Ramm, who is 22 where these other guys are all 19 or 20. It makes a big difference.
Be interesting to see how this front row goes, which is undoubtedly the best we can put together, against what is basically the current test front row. A big test for young Horton, who looked okay off the bench last week, but Abel is no more than serviceable, so probably worth the punt.
This really should be a substantial victory for the Brumbies, but we can always hope.

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’ve tipped the Tahs, I’m straggling in the tipping comp and need a few upsets, none would be sweeter than this one!

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Also has a tendency to penalise home teams more heavily than visitors in the first half of games.

Does that show up as an actual stat/trend? or just something you've noticed / feel? I've always found his calls pretty consistent.

Be interesting to see how this front row goes, which is undoubtedly the best we can put together, against what is basically the current test front row. A big test for young Horton, who looked okay off the bench last week, but Abel is no more than serviceable, so probably worth the punt.

Packing down next to the other Uni boys wil hopefully help Horton. I'm more curious to see how Robertson is tracking.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Does that show up as an actual stat/trend? or just something you've noticed / feel? I've always found his calls pretty consistent.

Packing down next to the other Uni boys wil hopefully help Horton. I'm more curious to see how Robertson is tracking.

Just my own unsubstantiated observation Molman. But I reckon he also bends over backwards to not give the Wallabies an edge in penalties too. Especially in the first half of matches. Would be interesting to see if the official stats bear out my feelings to any extent.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Just my own unsubstantiated observation Molman. But I reckon he also bends over backwards to not give the Wallabies an edge in penalties too. Especially in the first half of matches. Would be interesting to see if the official stats bear out my feelings to any extent.

Hmm.. not something I've noticed.. but will keep an eye out for. All refs seem to have a slight take on how they try an approach the flow of the game, but generally I've found him to be consistent.

I've actually been a little disappointed that the local refs haven't gone a little harder around the breakdown, feel our players need to improve, but then as a product I can see them not wanting to have the same issues as the first rounds of Super Rugby NZ.

I feel we've had a few players being held up for performances where to my eyes they have been rather sloppy with their ruck work as times, even some of the pilfers have been rather iffy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Gardner has never officiated a Wallabies game.........