• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bounga didnt work at all. Again. I couldnt work out what position BB was playing. He wasnt at FB. He'd just saunter into 1st receiver when he felt like it. No wonder Mounga doesnt know, literally, where he stands when BB is on the field.

Over all the match was a soup-style dingdong runaround but both sides were really fairly shit. Ireland or France wouldve minced them through the murder grinder on tonights performances.
Hell even Argentina would have sliced through both teams

Grass

Bob McCowan (2)
ABs picking up another yellow card at the death.
Screenshot_20220915-220032.png

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Tim Horan getting off the fence in the post match chat and for once having a forceful opinion tells me how bad that decision was. Less of that shite Monsieur Ref and more of that honesty Mr Horan please.

It was certainly a new decision. No ref's ever police it. Doesn't mean it was wrong though.

I also think having White and Foley and others in the ref's ear most night doesn't help. If you got the ref on your side he probably doesn't make that call.

Reactions: gel

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Where do you hit them then? With their stance over the ball you can’t risk going for the body and you can’t risk you for the legs. The laws are a joke because inevitably the TMO will decide to get involved once or twice a game and someone will get binned and every other marginal call will just get let go. We need to get rid of TMO’s

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Where do you hit them then? With their stance over the ball you can’t risk going for the body and you can’t risk you for the legs. The laws are a joke because inevitably the TMO will decide to get involved once or twice a game and someone will get binned and every other marginal call will just get let go. We need to get rid of TMO’s

That's not really in the context of what happened. You can attack the legs, you just can't attack them with intent to injure a player, which looked exactly like what Swain did.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not going to bother talking about the decision.

I’ve never seen so many people that don’t follow/support rugby in Australia tweet about it - even before the decision.

This was the only thing on and people watched. I know we’re at the mercy of broadcasters but where possible we need to play as many Tests as possible not clashing with (even regular season) NRL and AFL matches.

Also Swain had zero intent, not a fucking chance he made a decision to injure in half a second.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
That's not really in the context of what happened. You can attack the legs, you just can't attack them with intent to injure a player, which looked exactly like what Swain did.
And as soon as you are trying to decide intent then you will never have consistent application of the rules. This is exactly what is wrong with the game.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Not going to bother talking about the decision.

I’ve never seen so many people that don’t follow/support rugby in Australia tweet about it - even before the decision.

This was the only thing on and people watched. I know we’re at the mercy of broadcasters but where possible we need to play as many Tests as possible not clashing with (even regular season) NRL and AFL matches.
Na we should follow NZ’s plan and go head to head with the AFL GF. Let’s see how many more are watching next week

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ref should of walked up to Foley and said time on, kick it right now or I will penalise you. Close enough to Foley with the loudness of the crowd so that there was no opportunity to misinterpret the gravity of the Ref's intention and the consequences for in-action.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
1) The ABs butchered about 3 tries under zero pressure
2) Swain is an idiot playing at being a tough guy and probably deserved red
3) Anyone here who has criticised a ref for putting the whistle away in the last minute of a close game can now feel justified.

Stirling effort from our guys, and we definitely scored the nicer tries, but ultimately we fucked it through trying to be smarter than we are.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Rugby AU must demand a response from the highest levels of World Rugby leadership. Just fucking outrageous

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Referee: "Alright chaps, stoppage is over. Time on".

Foley: "Ok, well considering you just had time off for 30 seconds our forwards are now having a chat as this is the most crucial moment in the game and they want to be aligned on general strategy. I'll just wait 5 seconds for them to -"

Referee: "GET FUCKED YOU STUPID FUCKING PRICK I CALLED TIME ON AND I HAVE A DINNER RESERVATION AFTER THE GAME. THE KITCHEN CLOSES AT 10:30PM AND I'M NOT MISSING OUT ON SZECHWAN CHILLI CHICKEN ALL BECAUSE YOU WANTED YOUR FUCKING DEFENSIVE LINE TO BE SET IN CASE YOU DON'T KICK THE BALL OUT LIKE THE DIPSHIT YOU WERE KNOWN TO BE BEFORE YOU WERE SENT PACKING FROM THESE LANDS THE FIRST TIME"

NZ Fans*: "Fair play, Foley was really taking the piss there".

* excluding the incredibly based and tremendously Holy Lord Pillock, Bastion of Rationality and Lord of Equity

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It was certainly a new decision. No ref's ever police it. Doesn't mean it was wrong though.

I also think having White and Foley and others in the ref's ear most night doesn't help. If you got the ref on your side he probably doesn't make that call.
How about be consistent? How many times in other games have we tried to play on quickly from the mark and they "nah just hold up a few"

Status
Not open for further replies.