• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The Wallabies coach said Scott Sio suffered a hamstring injury at the hands of All Blacks prop Fletcher Newell, an action that went unpunished.

"I hear they're fuming," Rennie said of Foster's side.

"I mean we're not that excited by Fletcher Newell's cleanout on Scott Sio which leaves him out for three weeks and (Newell) didn't get cited or carded.

"(Swain) has been punished and six weeks is a hefty punishment I reckon ... but Fletcher Newell gets to live another day."

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has lit the fuse ahead of the Rugby Championship finale, saying World Rugby conceded a crunch time-wasting call in the opening Bledisloe Cup loss was wrong.
Rennie said a 'please explain' issued to World Rugby after the Test produced a concession the Wallabies playmaker was harshly treated.
"They agreed with our concerns," Rennie said.
"We seeked (sic) a bit of clarity. We've got that. It's not going to help us win on the weekend," he said.

Good to see they did something about it - he’s running the sidelines on the weekend ffs

The Wallabies coach said Scott Sio suffered a hamstring injury at the hands of All Blacks prop Fletcher Newell, an action that went unpunished.

"I hear they're fuming," Rennie said of Foster's side.

"I mean we're not that excited by Fletcher Newell's cleanout on Scott Sio which leaves him out for three weeks and (Newell) didn't get cited or carded.

"(Swain) has been punished and six weeks is a hefty punishment I reckon ... but Fletcher Newell gets to live another day."

I'm happy to hear of the check with World Rugby, but there is too much discussion here that is not about the game. Time for Rennie to back off?

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I'm happy to hear of the check with World Rugby, but there is too much discussion here that is not about the game. Time for Rennie to back off?
Maybe - i suspect he was asked and the media latched on to it. World rugby don’t publicly release their game reviews so the only way to know is for the media to ask the coaching staff.
He did also say it was time to focus on this weekend

“Rennie said it was on his players to now turn the page.
"We've decided to take it on the chin and move on."

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Wouldn’t it be based on the fact that pretty much every other viable alternative is unavailable? Unless you want to chuck Langi Gleeson in there, or a Brumbies academy player.
Nick Frost is 10 times the player of Holloway, played a blinder vs England in the 3rd test and off the bench in the first Argie test

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
You're really obsessed with Holloway aren't you?
I’m just beyond confused by his out of the blue status as the undroppable player of Australian rugby

he’s a career journeyman who just had the first decent super season of his career and now all of a sudden he’s Owen Finnegan

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Nick Frost is 10 times the player of Holloway, played a blinder vs England in the 3rd test and off the bench in the first Argie test
I don't know about being 10 times the player, but I really rate Frost highly, and surprised he hasn't been in previous tests this season.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m just beyond confused by his out of the blue status as the undroppable player of Australian rugby

he’s a career journeyman who just had the first decent super season of his career and now all of a sudden he’s Owen Finnegan
He has played 3? tests so to call him undroppable is a bit silly. In saying that I’m also confused by the continued Holloway selection, good guy but he isn’t test standard.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wallabies scrum with Holloway in the second row started to dominate. Make of that what you will, despite me sharing the opinion he has hardly set the world on fire.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why not, you should've won the last game. You basically did. NZ should be back in the throes of fozzie woe instead of this false confidence.

50 point win to the ABs. TRC trophy locked up. Glorious Leader Supreme Foster Coach-For-Life continues his march to the promised land.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
He has played 3? tests so to call him undroppable is a bit silly. In saying that I’m also confused by the continued Holloway selection, good guy but he isn’t test standard.
He’s started every test in the rugby championship

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Glorious Leader Supreme Foster Coach-For-Life continues his march to the promised land.
giphy.gif

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Frost has looked pretty good when given the opportunity.
Why not start him and give Holloway a bit of a wake up call on the bench.

Frost is still so young and fresh, there is a risk he will get easily dominated by starters. He is best used against tiring opposition off the bench.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
I'm sure someone like Holloway sometimes gets picked because they can do their basic job competently, which is better than flashier alternatives. The coach wants to put out a guy that won't hurt the team at set piece, be out of position, knows the patterns and doesn't take stupid penalties.

Sometimes that's enough when there are a lot of injuries or new players. You can't say Holloway has looked terrible. You barely notice him out there, which is both a pro and a con. He's no Valentini or Tupou, but he also hasn't been a Swain.

Status
Not open for further replies.