• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

it's_marvellous2024

Bob McCowan (2)
UTS is majority Scots, other scots boys also scattered around at mosman and SRC. The boys are very hungry to go into next season prepared after the disappointment at last years head of the river
SUBC, SRC and UTS winter programmes have all started running. Word is that SUBC is mainly people from SJC, while Shore and TKS are at SRC, and SIC are at UTS.
The keen amongst the Grammar boys are also down at SRC looking to maintain their form after a good 2024

The President

Peter Burge (5)
I have heard that the boys from newington are at SRC too, and even getting out in an VIII
Saw Newington out on the water in the 8. I've also seen lots of scullers out that I recognise from 1st and 2nd VIIIs. It's really good to see boys putting in the early miles. This is shaping up to be a very interesting season...

Techgod

Stan Wickham (3)
Just a quick question from me, does anyone recall the rowers that composed the combined GPS VIII in 2014? I just can't seem to recall. Thanks
-TG

Karlschidt

Bob McCowan (2)
So much for an offseason. They’re schoolboys, hope they’re having a bit of fun with winter sport. Year round commitments for school sport is ridiculous, regardless of code.

Although a year round commitment to a summer sport seems a bit overboard, its amazing to see these school boys work towards putting the best team forward for their respective schools in hope for the Major Rennie.
Expecting an exciting season ahead.

Karl

Bobcat54

Stan Wickham (3)
Just a quick question from me, does anyone recall the rowers that composed the combined GPS VIII in 2014? I just can't seem to recall. Thanks
-TG
Do you mean 2024? Just not sure how the 2014 crew would have much relevance.

- Bobcat

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)
-TG
Far out your testing my limits now.

Horsley (E)
Wells (E)
Courts (J)
Boakes (E)
O’Niell (K)
Starkey (S)
Haskard (E)
Ritchie (I)

Coxswain: Gorddard (E)

wisemaan

Banned
@Professor62 Would love to hear your thoughts on the Shore crew for the 24/25 season, here are my views

Prithee, dost thou have any musings on what the Shore First VIII might resemble as they venture into the 2024/2025 season? 'Tis said they have already embarked upon their pre-season preparations. I would greatly appreciate hearing thy thoughts on the manner in which the crew shall appear and perform.

Ah, methinks the Shore First VIII doth promise to be a formidable force in the forthcoming 2024/2025 season under the sagacious guidance of Head Coach Jason Baker. The whispers that they have commenced their pre-season labours early bode well for their future exploits.

One must keep a keen eye upon the likes of Jasper Halstead, a rising star who hath graduated from the Second VIII. His prowess and potential shall no doubt be a boon to the team. Moreover, the returning stalwarts Edwards, Galligan, and Harvey bring with them a wealth of experience and unwavering resolve, which shall serve to fortify the crew's ranks.

With such a blend of burgeoning talent and seasoned oarsmen, all under the expert tutelage of Coach Baker, the crew is well-poised for success. Their early and rigorous training regimen shall surely temper their strength and unity, preparing them to face the rigours of competition.

In sum, the Shore First VIII appears well-prepared for the challenges ahead. With the promise of Halstead and the steadfastness of Edwards, Galligan, and Harvey, their prospects are indeed bright. We await with great anticipation to witness their performance in the season to come.

- wisemaan