• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Any early predictions for 2025 HOTR? and crews?
SBHS TO WIN IT!!!! MARK MY WORDS

Doubted, laughed at, scowled at and even told to race in the 3rd VIII competition. But that's it, it's enough, the boys are fucking fired up and ready to rumble. Wu, Xin, Lee and Huang all returning to the VIII and Huang gave a remarkable speech last Thursday at their assembly, enticing more boys to come down and enforcing that SBHS is relying on them.

The boys have joined their neighbours at SRC and have started early season training, with 16 boys all contesting in sculling and mixed VIII training for an early pre-season. High footy may be down but rowing is coming back.

SBHS to edge it out in 2025 and prove to everyone that they were and still are a school contending at the top grade in all sports, but more so contesting in the prestigious sport we all love.

Keith signing out,

HIGH SCHOOOL. 2025 come back

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
SBHS TO WIN IT!!!! MARK MY WORDS

Doubted, laughed at, scowled at and even told to race in the 3rd VIII competition. But that's it, it's enough, the boys are fucking fired up and ready to rumble. Wu, Xin, Lee and Huang all returning to the VIII and Huang gave a remarkable speech last Thursday at their assembly, enticing more boys to come down and enforcing that SBHS is relying on them.

The boys have joined their neighbours at SRC and have started early season training, with 16 boys all contesting in sculling and mixed VIII training for an early pre-season. High footy may be down but rowing is coming back.

SBHS to edge it out in 2025 and prove to everyone that they were and still are a school contending at the top grade in all sports, but more so contesting in the prestigious sport we all love.

Keith signing out,

HIGH SCHOOOL. 2025 come back
Greetings @keith the bridgekeeper

Ludicrous. Tom foolery. Buffoonery. This is what is going through my mind.
Thou art filled with misguided optimism and delusions of grandeur! Dost thou truly believe that SBHS can triumph o'er the likes of Shore and Riverview? Such folly and hubris are the stuff of legend, fit for jesters and dreamers.

Knowest thou not the storied histories and prowess of our venerable rivals? Shore, with their unyielding discipline and mastery of the oar, and Riverview, with their relentless pursuit of excellence, shall surely leave thy fledgling crew in their wake. To think that a mere speech and a few months of pre-season sculling could overturn the might of these seasoned competitors is naught but a fool's errand.

Thy proclamation doth do naught but sully the integrity of this hallowed forum, a place meant for the exchange of sober thoughts and reasoned discourse. Pray, let us return to matters of substance and leave behind these whimsical fantasies.

In conclusion, I bid thee remember: high hopes and fervent speeches alone shall not a victory make. The path to greatness is paved with unremitting toil and steadfast resolve, not empty bravado.
Yours in sporting reason, A Sane Observer

-wisemaan

Last edited by a moderator:

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Greetings @keith the bridgekeeper

Ludicrous. Tom foolery. Buffoonery. This is what is going through my mind.
Thou art filled with misguided optimism and delusions of grandeur! Dost thou truly believe that SBHS can triumph o'er the likes of Shore and Riverview? Such folly and hubris are the stuff of legend, fit for jesters and dreamers.

Knowest thou not the storied histories and prowess of our venerable rivals? Shore, with their unyielding discipline and mastery of the oar, and Riverview, with their relentless pursuit of excellence, shall surely leave thy fledgling crew in their wake. To think that a mere speech and a few months of pre-season sculling could overturn the might of these seasoned competitors is naught but a fool's errand.

Thy proclamation doth do naught but sully the integrity of this hallowed forum, a place meant for the exchange of sober thoughts and reasoned discourse. Pray, let us return to matters of substance and leave behind these whimsical fantasies.

In conclusion, I bid thee remember: high hopes and fervent speeches alone shall not a victory make. The path to greatness is paved with unremitting toil and steadfast resolve, not empty bravado.

-wisemaan
Right'o Shakespeare, mark my words, these next few HOTR's are gonna be a turn around. It started with Joeys this year. Its gonna be out of the ordinary crews for the next few years. First Joeys, hopefully SBHS soon, maybe grammar maybe even TAS. These schools are still aagps schools they deserve some praise! I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of Shore, Riverview and Kings winning every race. @wisemaan your Shakespeare is interesting, therefore in your so wise fashion. I thou truly believe, thou SBHS can triumph o'er the aagps, and thus become holly, jolly and happy aagps champions!

I'll keep on keeping the Bridge,

-kEitH

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Right'o Shakespeare, mark my words, these next few HOTR's are gonna be a turn around. It started with Joeys this year. Its gonna be out of the ordinary crews for the next few years. First Joeys, hopefully SBHS soon, maybe grammar maybe even TAS. These schools are still aagps schools they deserve some praise! I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of Shore, Riverview and Kings winning every race. @wisemaan your Shakespeare is interesting, therefore in your so wise fashion. I thou truly believe, thou SBHS can triumph o'er the aagps, and thus become holly, jolly and happy aagps champions!

I'll keep on keeping the Bridge,

-kEitH
@keith the bridgekeeper

I do admire thy optimism! Indeed, the throngs of spectators would revel in the sight of dark horses rising to claim victory, delivering a grand upset. Yet, despite the fervent hope for a shift in the tides, methinks 'tis unlikely any shall triumph over Shore or Riverview in the coming season. Their prowess remains unmatched.

Mayhap in time, SBHS shall ascend to glory, but for now, the giants hold firm. Keep the Bridge, and keep the faith.

-wisemaan

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
EVENING FORUM ENJOYERS

Hark! The Grapevine Speaks

I be hearing a chinwag down the grapevine about how the Shore 24/25 squad art developing. Word hath it that great strides are being made in their quest for glory. Over the past month, the efforts of Glenn Bates and Jason Baker—especially Baker, the coach of the 1st VIII—hath earned them the title of saviours of the Shore crew and the Shed.

Building the Shed's Culture

The squad hath come together in a most impressive manner, working to create and build up the Shed's culture. They art not merely resting on their laurels but indulging in pre-season sculling and training in mixed VIII's at clubs such as SRC and UTS. Truly, they show a remarkable dedication to their craft.

Pre-Season Gym Sessions Galore

Every member of the squad doth attend the pre-season gym sessions with nary a one absent, save for a few who art playing high team rugby. Their commitment to strength and conditioning bodes well for the upcoming season, as they prepare to take on all challengers.

Rising Hopes and Promising Young Bloods

Amongst the ranks, there are bright stars rising. One such lad is McHutchison, who rowed in the 1st junior VIII and shows great promise for the years to come. His potential doth inspire hope and excitement for the future. Similarly, the likes of Paris and Scammel art making their mark, with their skills and dedication shining through.

The Nitty-Gritties of Training and Dedication

'Tis in the nitty-gritty details of their training that one sees the true heart of this squad. They art not simply rowing for glory, but for the sheer love of the sport. The camaraderie and spirit within the Shed art palpable, with each member pushing the other to greater heights.

Funny Remarks and Light-Hearted Banter

In the midst of their hard work, there is room for merriment. The banter within the squad doth lighten the mood and build bonds that shall serve them well on the water. Whether 'tis jesting about someone's technique or sharing a laugh during a grueling session, these moments of levity art as crucial as the training itself.

A Promising Season Ahead

As we look to the coming season, the Shore 24/25 squad stands poised for success. With the likes of Bates and Baker at the helm, and the rising stars such as McHutchison, Paris, and Scammel in their midst, hopes art high. The grapevine whispers of a squad ready to take on all comers and reclaim their rightful place atop the AAGPS.

-wisemaan

huntsmannewo

Frank Row (1)
i feel like the 2nd eight division is going to be highly competitive this coming season. Newington has got 6 returning year 11s in 2nd 8, and 3 in 1st eight + some good rowers in the jr eights, so i won't be surprised if there are up to 4 returning rowers in the Newington 2nd eight which came 3rd last year. As well i've heard that the other schools are on track to have good 2nd eights as well, o think it's going to be very interesting

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
i feel like the 2nd eight division is going to be highly competitive this coming season. Newington has got 6 returning year 11s in 2nd 8, and 3 in 1st eight + some good rowers in the jr eights, so i won't be surprised if there are up to 4 returning rowers in the Newington 2nd eight which came 3rd last year. As well i've heard that the other schools are on track to have good 2nd eights as well, o think it's going to be very interesting
Good Afternoon keen enthusiasts!!!

Verily, it doth appear that the forthcoming season in the 2nd eight division shall be most fiercely contested! Newington, with its six returning Year 11 rowers in the 2nd eight, and the three in the 1st eight, bolstered by the prowess of junior eights, standeth ready to present a formidable challenge. Indeed, there is great promise with the likes of Freddy Longcroft, Harrison Vietch, and Mika Koskela, who shall undoubtedly prove to be stalwart forces within the crew. Moreover, the seasoned leadership of Dehennin and Denton, as returning members, shall steer their ship with
steadfast hands, perhaps even unto the ranks of the GPS VIII. All these members will be looking into the 1st VIII however not thee 2nd.

Furthermore, it is noted that Ben Adams hath been toiling diligently in off-season sculling at SRC, and is thusly poised to take the stroke seat of the VIII. Such dedication bodes well for the strength and unity of the crew. Yet, one must acknowledge the potential pitfall of their wanton lack of discipline during the weekends, wherein excessive 'celebrations' may lead them astray. Such indulgence could indeed be their Achilles' heel.

Nevertheless, the season portends to be one of great excitement and fervor, with each school striving mightily for supremacy upon the waters.

-wisemaan

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sorry for thus spam however this piece on Oliver Edwards (E)

Oliver Edwards
stands ready to embark upon a most promising season in AAGPS rowing for the year of our Lord 2025. This fine youth hath made the commendable leap from the First IV to the First VIII, an achievement that doth attest to his skill and dedication. His rowing style, compact and efficient with crisp bladework, hath garnered him much praise, yet improvements in drawing up at the finish and hastening his leg speed upon blade entry may elevate him to even greater heights.

Indeed, the lad boasts a formidable 2k erg score, a testament to his prowess and hard labor. 'Tis said in the rowing circles that he is well-prepared to "fanum tax the rennie," a colloquial affirmation of his readiness to conquer the esteemed race. His natural talent, combined with a work ethic that doth shine bright, positions him as a key player in Shore's pursuit of glory!!!!

-wisemaan

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry for thus spam however this piece on Oliver Edwards (E)

Oliver Edwards
stands ready to embark upon a most promising season in AAGPS rowing for the year of our Lord 2025. This fine youth hath made the commendable leap from the First IV to the First VIII, an achievement that doth attest to his skill and dedication. His rowing style, compact and efficient with crisp bladework, hath garnered him much praise, yet improvements in drawing up at the finish and hastening his leg speed upon blade entry may elevate him to even greater heights.

Indeed, the lad boasts a formidable 2k erg score, a testament to his prowess and hard labor. 'Tis said in the rowing circles that he is well-prepared to "fanum tax the rennie," a colloquial affirmation of his readiness to conquer the esteemed race. His natural talent, combined with a work ethic that doth shine bright, positions him as a key player in Shore's pursuit of glory!!!!

-wisemaan
Alright mate, was funny at first but can we please stop speaking like Shakespeare! I'm keen to hear your insights about rowing and the 24/25 season, but can it be in normal tone.

As always I'm optimistic for the boys at SBHS!

Keeping the bridge,

Keith

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Alright mate, was funny at first but can we please stop speaking like Shakespeare! I'm keen to hear your insights about rowing and the 24/25 season, but can it be in normal tone.

As always I'm optimistic for the boys at SBHS!

Keeping the bridge,

Keith
Got it! I’ll try to keep the Shakespearean tone to a minimum, but it’s just my style. I appreciate your understanding. Here's to an exciting 24/25 season for the boys at SBHS!

-wisemaan

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Would love to hear about which schools are upgrading there fleets this year, more specifically there 1st VIII vessels. I hear shore may be getting an Empacher and leaving there long lasting relationship with Hudson , would love to find out!

-wisemaan

Status
Not open for further replies.