• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2nd Test Wallabies v France 8pmTuesday 13th July,

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well have to say I starting to look forward tonight's game. I have to pace myself to last until midnight midweek:confused:. It's a bastard getting old:(

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Good point, reduce the pressure on game 2 by deliberately throwing it and shifting all the pressure to game 3.

I also fail to see why pressure, a priori, is a bad thing. Surely it's better to try and have as high stakes a contest as possible to prepare you for the first Bledisloe.

It's hardly throwing the game, but you know you've got to throw out a few other guys at some point be it game 2 or 3, then why not do that in game 2 where you might learn something and you aren't asking those 'next guys' to take on that pressure of a must win game.

And @Tex We were forced to do it last year with Hunter and how'd that work out...He's one of the first guys on the team sheet this year.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hopefully lots of running rugby tonight, Aus's fringe players play brilliantly, thus muddying the selection strategy for Bled 1, Aus win the test resoundingly, thus inflated sense of belief, then get smashed to shit in test 3, thus deflating newfound sense of belief and completely muddying the selection strategy for Bled 1, by which time hopefully Aus rugby is in utter, utter disarray.
#don't_shoot_the messenger
#how_is_this_my_fault

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It'll be interesting to see the ratings of the game tonight.

Usually a prime time international sports event on a Tuesday would get plenty of eyes, but they're going head to head with the Masterchef Grand Finale, which will overlap with at least the first half. Might not be the same demographic but it's a grand final and the Wallabies weren't exactly great to watch in game 1.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Usually a prime time international sports event on a Tuesday would get plenty of eyes, but they're going head to head with the Masterchef Grand Finale, which will overlap with at least the first half. Might not be the same demographic but it's a grand final and the Wallabies weren't exactly great to watch in game 1.
The bookies won't be watching because they already know the outcome.
I'd be more worried about the Tour snatching viewers.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The fact that you are allowed to bet on a pre-recorded event still blows my mind. Yet this year they removed betting on 1st grade rugby games.

I went to the finale of Ninja Warrior a few years ago, horrible experience i wouldn’t recommend it for anyone.
Anyway no one finished the course and yet betting was still open for weeks until the show aired.
I didn’t place a bet as odds were shit, but surprising nonetheless.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I went to the finale of Ninja Warrior a few years ago, horrible experience i wouldn’t recommend it for anyone.
Anyway no one finished the course and yet betting was still open for weeks until the show aired.
I didn’t place a bet as odds were shit, but surprising nonetheless.

Really, you can bet on those shows that are prerecorded??

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, I'm pretty sure whoever the bookies have as the Masterchef favourite has never not gone on to win the show.

Midweek games when wfh are a godsend. Wallabies tonight and SOO tomorrow propelling me through the week.

Well test I will see anyway, never watched SOO when I lived in OZ, certainly won't stay up for it here.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

They weren't to us die hards but we're going to watch anyway. Casual viewers who started watching at the start with some basic knowledge of the skills required (e.g. league & AFL supporters) would have tuned out after the first 20 last week. Casual viewers who tuned in after that would have found it pretty entertaining!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m actually a little blown away by how many wallabies fans there are walking around in Melbourne. Weird feeling. Still not a sell out though which is disappointing

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reckon tonight is the night. Bit of consistency, cobwebs blown away from those returning from injury. Not convinced that the French rotation will reduce their impact much, but the EDIT God help me I've been "Danned! ABs WBs have had some time and experience to understand better what the French bring.

Let's go boys.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
im excited, but really wish the injuries hadn't hit so bad.

Was keen to see the likes of Perese, Vunivalu, Petaia in the backline.

A little Red-centric there Adam, haha!. Let me double down. If not Vunivalu, then Daugunu. :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
im excited, but really wish the injuries hadn't hit so bad.

Was keen to see the likes of Perese, Vunivalu, Petaia in the backline.
Interestingly I think Vunivalu is back with the Reds after being in Wallabies camp for a while