• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A Silver Fern view of Pocock

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Spook said:
Voltron wrote: In two years i think Whitlock and maybe also Latimer will be better than Pocock.

:puke:

:lmao: the fact the are even comparing in such fashion means that they won't get near him. Though they are good players in their own right.

R

Red Beard

Personally I think Whitelock will turn into a clone of McCaw and soon. I also think Pocock is an exceptional player.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I agree RB. I reckon Whitelock is very good. Dont forget though that Pocock is only 21 and will get better too.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah Whitelock is a real talent but Voltron has not watched Pocock carefully enouh else he wouldn't have offered that opinion.

They are both going to be starters in Bledisloe matches after Smith and McCaw.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hilari-ass. Very wishful thinking

Whitelock vs Pocock could be a good future scrap though

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i understand the pocock love, but honestly, he will have to work twice as hard as he already does to even be considered in smiths league for mine!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It is going to be a great battle, but I doubt either will be as good as McCaw and Smith.

H

Harfish

Personally I think Pocock is a damn good player, as is Whitelock but I don't think either of them will be in the same league as Smith and McCaw. Why? Because Smith and McCaw are freaks, guys who come along once in a generation, but in saying that I still think both will blossom into excellent international opensiders and we'll being having debates over which one is the best in the world in the years to come.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Harfish said:
we'll being having debates over which one is the best in the world in the years to come.
Heinrich Wilhelm Brüssow is just 22, and looks to have every bit as much potential as Pockock and Whitelock to set the standards for the next generation of opensides.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm the opposite I think Pocock will be better than McCaw & Smith, he has more skill than McCaw & isn't as prone to basketball style rugby as Smith.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm with Harfish on this - Smith and McCaw are freakishly good. Smith's basketball stuff is just there because he is so bored being the best player on the field and pilfering ball all the time!
That said Pocock, Whitelock and Brussouw all look to be very good prospects. It'll be interesting to see how the Saffers adapt to having a real fetcher, rather than another bruiser. Hopefully they don't "adapt" him and down-skill him.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
rustycruiser said:
Oi. You Aussies need to stop poaching the Zimbobs. That's our department! Hands off in the future!
Should we go back to poaching U21 Saffa captains?

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Moses said:
rustycruiser said:
Oi. You Aussies need to stop poaching the Zimbobs. That's our department! Hands off in the future!
Turned out we didn't miss him. Plus he was a faulty model, and broke a lot. The u21 lock, and even the old 8th man worked out better for y'all. We could have a cataloge printed, to help you pick better if you like? ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
rustycruiser said:
Moses said:
rustycruiser said:
Turned out we didn't miss him. Plus he was a faulty model, and broke a lot. The u21 lock, and even the old 8th man worked out better for y'all. We could have a cataloge printed, to help you pick better if you like? ;)
That would be nice, but please include xrays, head CT scans and cardiac stress tests to help us avoid the faulty ones or those liable to brain explosions - you can keep them! :thumb

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
help us avoid the faulty ones or those liable to brain explosions - you can keep them! :thumb
Can we suggest you continue to identify the most mentally unstable ones early and send them off to the Proteas

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Moses said:
cyclopath said:
help us avoid the faulty ones or those liable to brain explosions - you can keep them! :thumb
Can we suggest you continue to identify the most mentally unstable ones early and send them off to the Proteas
We fast track those ones into head coaching positions, and government cabinet positions.