• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A Silver Fern view of Pocock

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Speaking of Cyclo, when will he be released back into the wild from his Pitcairn sex dungeon?
Has to wait until Byron finishes reading him his bedtime story.

It's taken two months so far.

Book is called "Auckland Blues Bedtime Stories Book Of Happy Endings 2010-2018."

Yeah it's just the one sheet of A4 really.

Double spaced.

And folded in half to leave out the emptiness of the bottom half of the sheet.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Banned, again, from The Silver Frown.

This time, for the egregious and heinous war crime of asking for a more family-friendly alternate wording for "bukkake-faced cum receptacle."

In, oddly enough, a thread entitled "The Naughty Words Thread."

"He tried to get TSF flagged by google again" bleats one of the teary-eyed dimwitted little anti-fun prefect moderators.

LOL. Like I have a fucken plan. Or even a fucken clue. Way overestimating the tiny degree of thought I put into my forii postits

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dismal Pillock, reacting to accusations that his sh*tposting on the Silver Fern is part of a grand Pitcairn conspiracy, circa 2019 CE, colorised:

giphy.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Has to wait until Byron finishes reading him his bedtime story.

It's taken two months so far.

Book is called "Auckland Blues Bedtime Stories Book Of Happy Endings 2010-2018."

Yeah it's just the one sheet of A4 really.

Double spaced.

And folded in half to leave out the emptiness of the bottom half of the sheet.

Problem is I don't sleep, and Byron can't get out of the cage...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
GAGR so dull these days I was forced into browsing The Silver Frown for some rugger chat.

When I see a "new name" posting there I think of a countdown clock starting.

Tick tock, motherfucker.

The countdown has started.

Some of the 20 long term regulars will start probing for non groupspeak irregularities and when they are found they round on the member and hound them off the site either through Kirwan/Duluth/one of the other 10 moderators deleting their shit or quietly deleting their account altogether. That or just plain unacceptance into the fold. As dirty old Red Beard once said, ever wonder why droves of the foreign posters left? Or, why does (what I'm guessing is) New Zealand's main rugby forum only have 20 regulars? I thought rugby was popular in NZ?

There you go.

Occasionally, very occasionally, a new member will survive the gauntlet by tapering their posts into acceptable parameters of comportment but generally.... tick tock, motherfucker.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually I see a few posters from GGR on silver fern, I bugger around on a few rugby forums, most don't have an awful lot of regulars anymore, including here. Generally I find quite a few join forums like this because they overseas and look to find other people who follow the game, and also follow the game in their home country. I basically joined for that reason, a rugby tragic living in Aussie and found it quite hard to find many people who loved the game outside the rugby club I was part of. You then to find that they attract a lot of nutters who get most of their info off TV or the net. And I by no means say that is all, or the posters on here, but many of say kiwi posters on PR are resding outside NZ, yet are incredibly knowledgeable it would seem on the kiwi game. I actually find in the long run people that are really heavily involved in rugby in most places actually aren't on forums anywhere.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I actually find in the long run people that are really heavily involved in rugby in most places actually aren't on forums anywhere.

Which makes me ask the reverse question: how many people on rugby forums are heavily involved with clubs? :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Which makes me ask the reverse question: how many people on rugby forums are heavily involved with clubs? :)
I would oubt whether there very many Pfitzy, I know when I was heavily involved with games either at club level whether at administration, coaching , managing etc, I really had no time for rugby forums even if there were bugger all in those days. Hell when I was involved with club and provincial rugby, well before forums I hardly had time to read books or magazines about game.
I must admit even joining GGR was only because I was in Brisbane and finished with rugby admin, so came on here to keep up with club stuff in Brissy!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I must admit even joining GGR was only because I was in Brisbane and finished with rugby admin, so came on here to keep up with club stuff in Brissy!

And that's the issue, right? :)

You can be "finished with rugby admin" and then turn up to a game. Buy a beer, get talking to someone from the host club. Maybe you take a turn on the BBQ because they're a bit short on volunteers that day.

Next thing you know, you're helping pack up the ground or running the flag, then you're on the Committee and your wife hates you all over again ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And that's the issue, right? :)

You can be "finished with rugby admin" and then turn up to a game. Buy a beer, get talking to someone from the host club. Maybe you take a turn on the BBQ because they're a bit short on volunteers that day.

Next thing you know, you're helping pack up the ground or running the flag, then you're on the Committee and your wife hates you all over again ;)
Mate you have seen my life, I moved to Aussie in end of 96(after 20odd years of rugby coaching admin in NZ), found the local rugby club just after xmas, went down to watc a bit of preseason training, somehow within a week ended forward coach of senior As, and the rest was history.
Funnily enough when I mentioned I was coaching then committee etc, she just raised her eyebrows as though she had seen it all before.
Go figure :D

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think my wife has given up trying to be angry about it. As long as I don't miss any major family events we're good :)

And it is basically a man shed for unfit 40yos on our committee anyway... ;)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
skulking around The Silver Frown for AB squad reactions and as soon as I saw 2 new names "kiwiexpat" and NZBloke" with quite a few posts next to their name I thought back to.....
When I see a "new name" posting there I think of a countdown clock starting.

Tick tock, motherfucker.

The countdown has started.

Some of the 20 long term regulars will start probing for non groupspeak irregularities and when they are found they round on the member and hound them off the site either through Kirwan/Duluth/one of the other 10 moderators deleting their shit or quietly deleting their account altogether. That or just plain unacceptance into the fold. As dirty old Red Beard once said, ever wonder why droves of the foreign posters left? Or, why does (what I'm guessing is) New Zealand's main rugby forum only have 20 regulars? I thought rugby was popular in NZ?

There you go.

Occasionally, very occasionally, a new member will survive the gauntlet by tapering their posts into acceptable parameters of comportment but generally.... tick tock, motherfucker.
Sure enough, new member has the unbridled temerity to stick his head above the parapet and suggest Oddjob Aumua for the AB squad.

Oh dear. You've done it now. Tick tock, my mofo.

"Troll! Troll!" shrieks a resident prefect and the other 12 lickspittles quickly fall in line and round on the newbie's opinion that has clearly failed to parse itself to the prevailing winds of groupthink, no more "likes" for you buddy, tl/dr; yet another new member ex-communicated from the clique, new member drifts off from the forii like allllllll the other prospective members have before him, rinse, repeat.....

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
skulking around The Silver Frown for AB squad reactions and as soon as I saw 2 new names "kiwiexpat" and NZBloke" with quite a few posts next to their name I thought back to.....

Sure enough, new member has the unbridled temerity to stick his head above the parapet and suggest Oddjob Aumua for the AB squad.

Oh dear. You've done it now. Tick tock, my mofo.

"Troll! Troll!" shrieks a resident prefect and the other 12 lickspittles quickly fall in line and round on the newbie's opinion that has clearly failed to parse itself to the prevailing winds of groupthink, no more "likes" for you buddy, tl/dr; yet another new member ex-communicated from the clique, new member drifts off from the forii like allllllll the other prospective members have before him, rinse, repeat.....
Here I was thinking you were going to expose some Silver Frown thoughts on Pocock entering the senate (given the title of the thread lol)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Here I was thinking you were going to expose some Silver Frown thoughts on Pocock entering the senate (given the title of the thread lol)
Lol no John, just DP's fixation with Silver Fern, sure they would all be quite proud that their threads are transferred to G&GR forums. ;) :D :D :D
Must admit I got sucked in too, thought Pocock had done something!o_Oo_O