• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilbert15

I completely agree. Kings 1stV111 pulled a 6:09.21 but it is interesting to see that their 2ndVIII 6:13.78 and were only 4 seconds behind. With the 1st placing 7th and the 2nds placing 2nd. It looks like the kings 2nd crew might have a good chance.
Newington regatta, the 2nd V111 had 2 split races. The first race with Shore winning pulling a 5:02.70. The second race with kings coming 1st pulling a 5:12.03. Placing them overall within the 2 races second and joeys 3rd. They are showing positive signs with consistant results. But lets not forget that regatta was only 1500 m. Interesting to see this weekend what happens at state.

** sorry for the errors

Another interesting thing about the Kings boys last Saturday was that their second race, last race of the day I think, after most other crews had pulled out, the King's time was almost identical to their morning row and even the splits were identical. Either they have a brilliant stroke who knows his race backwards or that time is the best that we are going to see from them!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Interesting that in the draw for the Schoolboy Championship VIII, Iggies have a number 2 crew entered who also happen to be racing three events earlier. They better be quick to get back to the start in time. I wouldn't dare suggest that their intention is to take up a lane position and then unexpectedly withdraw in order to reduce the number of crews in the heats and increase chances of the number 1 crew going through in the top four! It also seems odd that one heat has nine crews and the other only seven. Why aren't they eight each? I think ICAC should look at Rowing NSW! There was also a second shooter from the gravelly mound in Dallas, too. Shore is in the heat with seven and High, so it's a no brainer there! Go boys!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
All the results throughout day, the trend seemed to show that the faster times were posted in the morning and slower times in the afternoon, it is to hard to predict crews capacity just yet. However the men will be sorted from boys this saturday with some crews competing in 4 events. shall be a good day of racing from the fellas
For Kings they had to do race it... look bad if they didn't. I wouldn't have thought there was that much pressure to push it any harder than to do the minimum. Almost every other crew was snuggled up in front of the telly by then!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
not a threat at all
Last year TAS got onto the podium in the 3rd IV at the HOTR. Easier to chisel four really committed oarsmen together than producing a top eight plus depth for all the other crews (unless there's stacking going on)... Wouldn't write them off just yet.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Last year TAS got onto the podium in the 3rd IV at the HOTR. Easier to chisel four really committed oarsmen together than producing a top eight plus depth for all the other crews (unless there's stacking going on). Wouldn't write them off just yet.

true, but last years 3rd IV race was a sub par race, with much slower times than seen previously. On top of this, they were an old crew (all in year 12) thus wont be returning this year.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Last year TAS got onto the podium in the 3rd IV at the HOTR. Easier to chisel four really committed oarsmen together than producing a top eight plus depth for all the other crews (unless there's stacking going on). Wouldn't write them off just yet.
that said, will the armidale crew be racing in the hotr again this march?? and in what 4's race?

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting that in the draw for the Schoolboy Championship VIII, Iggies have a number 2 crew entered who also happen to be racing three events earlier. They better be quick to get back to the start in time. I wouldn't dare suggest that their intention is to take up a lane position and then unexpectedly withdraw in order to reduce the number of crews in the heats and increase chances of the number 1 crew going through in the top four! It also seems odd that one heat has nine crews and the other only seven. Why aren't they eight each? I think ICAC should look at Rowing NSW! There was also a second shooter from the gravelly mound in Dallas, too. Shore is in the heat with seven and High, so it's a no brainer there! Go boys!

I believe that with the heats one with 9 and the other 7 is not intentional. I think it is just how to draw is pulled out. i don't think it has a specific reason or that it is rigged.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
I believe that with the heats one with 9 and the other 7 is not intentional. I think it is just how to draw is pulled out. i don't think it has a specific reason or that it is rigged.
You missed the point, scoop. Entering a crew that is no way going to race because it's entered three races earlier is the main assertion. I wasn't really calling for a Royal Commission. And there was a third shooter from the overhead bridge, too.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
You missed the point, scoop. Entering a crew that is no way going to race because it's entered three races earlier is the main assertion. I wasn't really calling for a Royal Commission. And there was a third shooter from the overhead bridge, too.

Don't see anywhere in my blog where I called for a royal commissions but it is interesting that you would think that way. You are obviously disturbed this week with the news that the pope is resigning. see you on the water tomorrow..

gaffa

Frank Row (1)
Looks like the victorian crews have got us covered up here. the boys from scotch looked men compared to the guys here. Who is doing there fitness and strength down there. Shore still has it covered here i think for the HOR.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Looks like the victorian crews have got us covered up here. the boys from scotch looked men compared to the guys here. Who is doing there fitness and strength down there. Shore still has it covered here i think for the HOR.
The Bombers trainer has had a hand in there, I reckon. Really, Shore have it covered with a .99 margin???

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
The thing about Scotch is they have a 12 month programme and there is talk amongst the other Victorian schools that they are doing many more sessions on the water than they are supposed to. But let that not take away their victory.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
looking forward to a close race!
Indeed – Joeys ahead of Shore at the 1500 mark - could a 40 year drought about to be broken?
One of coach Doyle's strengths is the incredible camaraderie he is able to instill in a crew - the Joe boys will be very determined.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The thing about Scotch is they have a 12 month programme and there is talk amongst the other Victorian schools that they are doing many more sessions on the water than they are supposed to. But let that not take away their victory.
Geez it must be hard to keep your sessions a secret on the Yarra

Status
Not open for further replies.