• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
strange that the assistant refs were were students (that is how I read it) because in my years as a student they appointed officials for all 3 positions . I remember touch judging a Marist 2nd Xv game (as a student) but that was ok - that was the norm but always they had 3 officials who were properlly qualified doing 1st XV.

Nothingbutthetruth

Frank Row (1)
Marist beating grammar by 3 points in the semi scoring 9 points within the last 10 minutes to edge their way to victory . Grammar seemed to have it on the marist boys for the majority of the game but the boys from Pearce got the Desired result after a try from mikey Houston after a long break from the inside of marists 22 by 12 Paragalli . Credit to grammar there forwards were great but marist matched them up front with the likes of siuta tai and kazias who were hard to stop up the middle . Harry Tyson the grammar 10, played a great game and controlled the majority of the game with his great decision making and kicking game . Should make for a great grand final between Eddies and marist Sunday night at the stadium.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
if anyone else didn't know, vikings defeated Marist 2nd XV on the weekend to make the grand final.. from what ive heard Vikings had some players who had been playing most of the year in colts and only came back for the semi.. saying this, they only just defeated marist.. sounds a bit unfair to me

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
if anyone else didn't know, vikings defeated Marist 2nd XV on the weekend to make the grand final.. from what ive heard Vikings had some players who had been playing most of the year in colts and only came back for the semi.. saying this, they only just defeated marist.. sounds a bit unfair to me

If true, quite incredible and unfortunate. I would have thought there would be some type of qualification rules to prevent this. No doubt Marist will turn the other cheek and be the bigger outfit despite the result.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
If true, quite incredible and unfortunate. I would have thought there would be some type of qualification rules to prevent this. No doubt Marist will turn the other cheek and be the bigger outfit despite the result.
Not sure about whether they were playing colts players but they were the team demoted from 1st Div.

Nothingbutthetruth

Frank Row (1)
as an ex marist student ive been down to the past few marist games and the regular standouts paragalli kazias tai and evans has been solid. the real unsung hero would have to be michael houston who scored the winning try in the grammar game, but also played out of his skin against the daramalan boys. deffinently a player to look out to for the future and his development over the past year has been above par. will be playing second row this weekend up against a strong eddies pack featuring burger, pearce, big rig lomax.

also the vikings didnt have any colts players but had some late regisrations out in the backs. vikings colts played at the same time as the div 2 18s semi finals.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
eddies got up 40-27, credit to both teams for an exciting game.. marist put up a great fight but was hurt by a few soft tries they let in. eddies were just too big and strong in the end

Thanks Michael. Ahhh the old enemy too good again....til next year then.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks Michael. Ahhh the old enemy too good again..til next year then.
i think marist supporters and players should be very excited for next year, as most of the key eddies players being in year 12, next year marist will have their best team in years and will have a very good shot at winning the title... i know im getting a bit ahead of myself here

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Despite the gallant 1st XV going down it seems that after a few years of famine, God willing, a feast beckons on the horizon with several Marist Div 1 teams winning premierships and some real talent emerging. Well done fellas, keep working hard. Servo Fidem.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Congratulations to Connal McInerney, Keith Morgan and Siuta Tai who were announced today in the Australian Schools Squad for their tour of the UK.. well done lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.