• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

Joseph Navarro

Frank Row (1)
SPC v SEC
SPLC v PAD
According the the QRRA these are the other games this weekend.
Heard some big talk about the Eddies No. 9, loving to see how SPC is able to shut him down in preparation for the 2023 season. Eli Avci, an aggressive forward loves to hit a 9 and put him back in his place, much like the rest of the team. Overall, I struggle to see SEC having much impact in this one.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Tom Howard not named to play for MCA tomorrow, presumably because of the hamstring tear he suffered early in the game v Sun Coast Grammar - is he likely to play v Villa next week?

Also, any chance of Leo Henry getting out of the Seconds during the season?

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tom Howard not named to play for MCA tomorrow, presumably because of the hamstring tear he suffered early in the game v Sun Coast Grammar - is he likely to play v Villa next week?

Also, any chance of Leo Henry getting out of the Seconds during the season?
Tom Howard will be back next week. They took Leo to Canberra so you’d think he’s only an injury away from being called up.

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Laurie's beat MCA 41-24. 4 tries all. 21-17 Laurie's at half time. Second half for Marist was woeful. They looked completely confused and struggling with their game plan. Laurie's solid but not spectacular. The seconds was 41-0 to Marist.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Laurie's beat MCA 41-24. 4 tries all. 21-17 Laurie's at half time. Second half for Marist was woeful. They looked completely confused and struggling with their game plan. Laurie's solid but not spectacular. The seconds was 41-0 to Marist.
Might be time to take a punt on Leo Henry at 10 in the 1sts. Totally directionless in the second half. 1 step forward and 2 steps back after last week’s positive signs against Nudgee.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
From today’s trial results I think Ashgrove are in the most trouble. An over reliance on a modest year 12 cohort has not worked. I think it’s time to take a chance and put some of the year 11’s in and give them a crack.