• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
no insight really just an observation , Iona lost their captain and best player in the trial - he is out for maybe 4-6 weeks with a broken arm i understand.

Big blow i would think.

Rugby tragic101

Bob McCowan (2)
Iona vs Villa was no doubt a war, with a lot of strong defense by both sides. Both teams look very strong heading into round 1 this weekend, this weekend should be a cracker

John cotz

Banned
St Peters stood up to a strong Padua side in the first half, Unfortunately losing key players due to head injuries just before the half. The Padua side took advantage of this and came strong in the 2nd half. Big game against St Edmunds this week, no outright winners in my eyes this season. Every team has a chance, St Peters as underdogs is my bet though

spadslovesfooty

Frank Row (1)
St Peters stood up to a strong Padua side in the first half, Unfortunately losing key players due to head injuries just before the half. The Padua side took advantage of this and came strong in the 2nd half. Big game against St Edmunds this week, no outright winners in my eyes this season. Every team has a chance, St Peters as underdogs is my bet though
I'm hearing eddies has a strong case, however considering the recent rule changes in the handbook, i believe schools like iona and lauries will be heavily affected due to their current squad, however i believe villa will win it all now. with their scottish prodigy Matthew Collyns and ball grabber brown, there is no stopping them.

ThemanTDAWG

Frank Row (1)
Well said, Saw the game on the weekend and each team when sticking to their strengths definitely have a lot to give. An upcoming star from Peters is definitely their new 6 Tarnah Ford-West, Loves the ball in hand and shows lots of integrity and structure in D. Keen for the season.

buss.1977

Frank Row (1)
Well said, Saw the game on the weekend and each team when sticking to their strengths definitely have a lot to give. An upcoming star from Peters is definitely their new 6 Tarnah Ford-West, Loves the ball in hand and shows lots of integrity and structure in D. Keen for the season.
Can support this one right here, got a chance to get out there and watch the game this weekend and i can assure you that Tarnah Ford-West is arguably the best 6 in the comp. He stokes up a fire within the st peters squad and we saw him step up when their captain Vice latu came off early with a head injury. Replacement 9 late in the second half, James Wallace saw some game time and boy does he have some potential. SPLC, ones to watch

Bill45

Frank Row (1)
I'm hearing eddies has a strong case, however considering the recent rule changes in the handbook, i believe schools like iona and lauries will be heavily affected due to their current squad, however i believe villa will win it all now. with their scottish prodigy Matthew Collyns and ball grabber brown, there is no stopping them.
What are the recent rule changes?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
For those wanting players to watch. It is behind the paywall.

AIC First XV schoolboy rugby 2023: Players to Watch
1682570867318.png

https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...n/news-story/4c5365bb4be8c0ffdbfe2520188171f4

spadslovesfooty

Frank Row (1)
Any predictions for round one?
In round 1 of the AIC rugby, Villanova will secure a victory over Marist with utmost integrity. The team will prioritize fair play, honesty, and sportsmanship, upholding the values of the game. The players will exhibit discipline and respect for their opponents, officials, and fans, setting an example for others to follow. Ultimately, Villanova's commitment to integrity both on and off the field will contribute to their success in the AIC rugby competition.

Villanova's victory over Marist in the round 1 of the AIC rugby will be greatly attributed to the outstanding performance of their star players, Bin Addley, James Bruce Sullivan IV, and James Naylor. Bin Addley, with his exceptional speed and agility, will dominate the field, creating numerous opportunities for his team to score. James Bruce Sullivan IV, with his exceptional leadership skills, will rally his teammates, providing crucial guidance and motivation to help them stay focused and committed throughout the match. James Naylor's formidable strength and precise tackles will help Villanova's defense hold strong against Marist's attacks. Together, these three players will form a formidable force, showcasing the strength and skill of Villanova's rugby team.

Good morning/afternoon fellas, I am extremely excited as we approach the first game of the 2023 season. I see MCA vs VNC as the matchup of the round. With late promotion of Callum Lamb to the starting lineup I see Villa taking the win. Whilst Ashgrove have a strong lineup and always one of the strongest teams, I personally see their attack as weaknesses. I'm excited to see how both forward packs shape up against each other. I'm also excited to see Villa skipper Cameron Bukowski matchup against Jack Andrews. Personally, I dont see Jack competing against Cameron as he was the seconds flyhalf who only came up due to injury. Another matchup all fans will be excited to see is the battle of the 10s. Larry Clark who has made his position in the squad due to his skill, heart, integrity and ferocity will undoubtfully destroy Tobias Graham, who we all know is only captain as his dad is the coach. Supercoach Richard Graham have lead the boys through a tough preseason for a promising season ahead. If any coach can lead their team to victory its him.

Another game to watch out for is Iona vs Lauries. With Jack Leo out for the season due to a broken arm, Ionas forward pack will lack dominance. Ive heard that Lauries have star prop that will look to dominate scrums. Personally, I see Lauries winning in a close matchup with their more dominante forward pack.

I can't wait to see how Eddies start number nine goes on the weekend. Also interested to see how peters recover with start fullback Kadin Pritchard graduating in 2022. Good luck to everyone playing on the weekend.

spadslovesfooty

Frank Row (1)
Good morning/afternoon fellas, I am extremely excited as we approach the first game of the 2023 season. I see MCA vs VNC as the matchup of the round. With late promotion of Callum Lamb to the starting lineup I see Villa taking the win. Whilst Ashgrove have a strong lineup and always one of the strongest teams, I personally see their attack as weaknesses. I'm excited to see how both forward packs shape up against each other. I'm also excited to see Villa skipper Cameron Bukowski matchup against Jack Andrews. Personally, I dont see Jack competing against Cameron as he was the seconds flyhalf who only came up due to injury. Another matchup all fans will be excited to see is the battle of the 10s. Larry Clark who has made his position in the squad due to his skill, heart, integrity and ferocity will undoubtfully destroy Tobias Graham, who we all know is only captain as his dad is the coach. Supercoach Richard Graham have lead the boys through a tough preseason for a promising season ahead. If any coach can lead their team to victory its him.

Another game to watch out for is Iona vs Lauries. With Jack Leo out for the season due to a broken arm, Ionas forward pack will lack dominance. Ive heard that Lauries have star prop that will look to dominate scrums. Personally, I see Lauries winning in a close matchup with their more dominante forward pack.

I can't wait to see how Eddies start number nine goes on the weekend. Also interested to see how peters recover with start fullback Kadin Pritchard graduating in 2022. Good luck to everyone playing on the weekend.
Good analysis Roger Mabo⏬