• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

John cotz

Banned
Lauries vs Peters. Sad day for Peters, 1 point loss due to a few disciplinary issues. Returning 10 Cairns Critter Wallace Charlie had a major impact on the game with his defensive energy to his great nudges. If there were 5 minutes left on that clock Lauries was in for a major upset.

Peters vs Pats this week, any predictions? haven't heard much good news from the Pats side since last year, Peters seems to be improving while Pats maintain warming the bottom of the leaderboard. First home game for Peters this year hoping to return the favour Pats gave them crowd wise last year.

John Howard

Frank Row (1)
With Peters only just losing to lauries I reckon it will be a Padua vs Villa showdown. Shocking performance from both Lauries and Peters. If Lauries want any chance at grabbing that trophy, they need to work on their discipline. Giving up silly penalties and errors has proven to be costly with only a win by 1 point. For next weeks game against Villa it will be a fight. With the return of the Origin Beast Cameron Bukowski will sharpen up their backline just fine. This will be a big improvement from last week seeing a shocking performance from the backs having a contagious 'white line fever'. Riki Taylor the star prop wearing the no. 1 jersey despite being 70kg is a feared player amongst the Laurie's team as provided insight by my nephew Harry Murphy. This weeks game Lauries vs Villa is one to watch. With Villa playing away this week I am curious to see how they will react with a limited crowd to fuel their passion. Will this be a problem for the green and gold?
Harry Murphy who is now starting waterboy and head of cheerleading for the Lauries army will undoubtably bring the passion and enrage the Black and Gold army down at runcorn this weekend.
Padua's stunning performance against Ashgrove has lead them to be favorite's to take the trophy. With both Padua's and Villa's hands firmly on the title, Lauries hands are slipping away. It is either Padua's or Villa's game. Round 5 will be a game to watch.

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Padua defended beautifully with a well executed game plan. Marist had the opportunity to score on at least 5 occasions but bombed it. Good win by Padua.

Joseph Navarro

Frank Row (1)
Lauries vs Peters. Sad day for Peters, 1 point loss due to a few disciplinary issues. Returning 10 Cairns Critter Wallace Charlie had a major impact on the game with his defensive energy to his great nudges. If there were 5 minutes left on that clock Lauries was in for a major upset.

Peters vs Pats this week, any predictions? haven't heard much good news from the Pats side since last year, Peters seems to be improving while Pats maintain warming the bottom of the leaderboard. First home game for Peters this year hoping to return the favour Pats gave them crowd wise last year.
Calling 27-7 to Pats. Despite the results from Round 1 and 2, I think it's key to consider injuries and some costly errors. Giving up 23 penalties is unacceptable against Padua, but the boys know that and it seemed to be a focus for them coming out against Villanova. After some injuries to core players such as Dean Laws (Pats Player of the Year last year), and being sent down to 14 men for a silly error, it was probably deserved to concede at least one try during that time.

Although Pats have struggled of late, don't count them out. As Vik said on page 9, I would not underestimate these boys. I think this Saturday will be a good confidence booster coming into the last Back to Shorncliffe Day these boys will ever play in for many of them. I don't mean any disrespect to Peters and I'm sure they'll come out firing, however, I do feel confident that Pats will get their first win of the season on Saturday.

Key Players to Watch:
- Elijah (The Fridge) Williamson-Tomich - Year 12
3 - Keiahn (The Big Sausage) Nukunuku - Year 11
8 - Sasha (Pierogi) Adam - Year 12

John cotz

Banned
With Peters only just losing to lauries I reckon it will be a Padua vs Villa showdown. Shocking performance from both Lauries and Peters. If Lauries want any chance at grabbing that trophy, they need to work on their discipline. Giving up silly penalties and errors has proven to be costly with only a win by 1 point. For next weeks game against Villa it will be a fight. With the return of the Origin Beast Cameron Bukowski will sharpen up their backline just fine. This will be a big improvement from last week seeing a shocking performance from the backs having a contagious 'white line fever'. Riki Taylor the star prop wearing the no. 1 jersey despite being 70kg is a feared player amongst the Laurie's team as provided insight by my nephew Harry Murphy. This weeks game Lauries vs Villa is one to watch. With Villa playing away this week I am curious to see how they will react with a limited crowd to fuel their passion. Will this be a problem for the green and gold?
Harry Murphy who is now starting waterboy and head of cheerleading for the Lauries army will undoubtably bring the passion and enrage the Black and Gold army down at runcorn this weekend.
Padua's stunning performance against Ashgrove has lead them to be favorite's to take the trophy. With both Padua's and Villa's hands firmly on the title, Lauries hands are slipping away. It is either Padua's or Villa's game. Round 5 will be a game to watch.

Calling 27-7 to Pats. Despite the results from Round 1 and 2, I think it's key to consider injuries and some costly errors. Giving up 23 penalties is unacceptable against Padua, but the boys know that and it seemed to be a focus for them coming out against Villanova. After some injuries to core players such as Dean Laws (Pats Player of the Year last year), and being sent down to 14 men for a silly error, it was probably deserved to concede at least one try during that time.

Although Pats have struggled of late, don't count them out. As Vik said on page 9, I would not underestimate these boys. I think this Saturday will be a good confidence booster coming into the last Back to Shorncliffe Day these boys will ever play in for many of them. I don't mean any disrespect to Peters and I'm sure they'll come out firing, however, I do feel confident that Pats will get their first win of the season on Saturday.

Key Players to Watch:
I understand where you may be coming from and have no complaints, big hopes for both teams who will most likely both be underestimating each other. It's a make-or-break day for both teams as the impact from this round will strike both teams hard. Make sure u let "The Big Sausage" know, I'm looking for him on Saturday nom nom nom nom nom

ScabbyC

Frank Row (1)
Next week should be interesting. I assure you Villa will turn up, turn out and storm the corn will their recent success in both games, Ashgrove and Pats. These supporters will be led by the imposing Sammy 'mulfish' doon. Recent Scottish Prop M.Collyns should be a sight to see.

I hope that St Edmunds holds up a good game this weekend with stars amongst the ruble.

Just saw your recent message as I wrote this one John, and I agree. Most of the teams apart from the top of the table team/s (Villa,....) are playing with a "nothing to lose mindset".

Shaping up for a good round of footy, can't wait. GOD BLESS THE RUGBY LEAGUE.

Joseph Navarro

Frank Row (1)
Sorry Admin/s

My intention was purely to express my thoughts, specifically about SPC rugby. I do not write to provoke others and I simply speak to share my 18 years of experience of AIC rugby. Once again, I'm sorry on behalf of the usual students that talk about their own friends every year. I know it's inevitable, and I applaud you young boys in the banter you are able to share, but let's not take it too far.

Ronald_McDonald

Frank Row (1)
Sorry Admin/s

My intention was purely to express my thoughts, specifically about SPC rugby. I do not write to provoke others and I simply speak to share my 18 years of experience of AIC rugby. Once again, I'm sorry on behalf of the usual students that talk about their own friends every year. I know it's inevitable, and I applaud you young boys in the banter you are able to share, but let's not take it too far.
Agreed, the levels of tomfoolery being displayed in recent times are getting close to crossing the line. Keep showing support for your mates but make sure to keep this open and honest space for those interested to feel comfortable sharing their wonderful and wacky ideas. Also, if anyone can get their hands on some footage and make a mixtape of Villa SuperStar Callum Lamb that would be absolutely awesome and Epic.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't see SLC putting up much of a fight considering their lack of size in the forward line as well as their velocified props. My score prediction is 46 - 6
Sorry Admin/s

Seems to be a few young lads “going to town” on this chat thread.

That’s fine i guess and banter is fun to a point. But i think for those of us that have been around this chat for years some thoughtful and objective commentary would be welcome.

I was glad to see Iona get up because pre season they looked strong on all the word i was getting.

Laurie’s only just sneaking home surprised me , I must say, but the clash coming this saturday will be mighty i think - both sides will be up for it - and as much as I would like Villa to win i think it will be a tough match and not easy to predict the winner.

Yes Villa got up over SLC in the trials but trial form can be misleading. Laurie’s at home is hard to knock off.

I think Marist can get up over Iona at home to spoil their momentum and for Ash to regain some pride.

Padua V Eddie’s should also be a cracker.

I still think it will be a shared premiership this year with Padua , Villa and Laurie’s all in the race and you can’t quite write off Eddie’s and Iona yet.

Best year in a while i think. Bring on Round 3. Great to see such an open AIC comp.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
By the way i’m not disrespecting Pats or Peters but like Marist you just can’t lose your first two games and win it. But those sides have the power to influence or derail who does win it if anyone thinks they are easybeats.

thefridge

Frank Row (1)
honestly lads I'm hearing a fair bit of chat around the lauries boys who were absolutely awful back in the grade 10 comp. TBH and Rate i see the paddies boys storming home dangerously this year and giving that prem a real run for her money indeed. someone let me cook

Garrett Mary-Fedora

Frank Row (1)
Blake Bishop is a 17-year-old student at Villanova College who has set his sights on making the school's first rugby team. With a passion for fitness and a dedication to his sport, Blake has been training hard to achieve his goal.

As a dedicated gym-goer, Blake knows that building muscle and increasing his strength is essential for success on the rugby field. He has spent countless hours working out, pushing himself to his limits, and striving to become stronger and more powerful.

But it's not just about the physical side of the game for Blake. He's also been working hard to improve his rugby skills and become a better team player. He knows that rugby is a team sport, and his success on the field depends on more than just his own fitness.

Blake's passion and dedication to rugby make him an ideal candidate for the Villanova College first rugby team. He has a natural athleticism that makes him stand out on the field, and his dedication to fitness means that he has the strength and stamina needed to succeed.

But it's not just his physical attributes that make him a great fit for the team. Blake is a natural leader, and his ability to work well with others makes him an asset to any team. He's always looking for ways to improve his game and is constantly seeking feedback and advice from his coaches and teammates.

Blake Bishop is about to take his fitness journey to the next level as the downstairs of his house is nearly finished being built with a gym. With his own gym, he'll have access to all the equipment he needs to take his training to the next level. Blake is excited about this new addition to his home as it will provide him with a convenient and private space to work out whenever he wants.

For these reasons, Blake should be seriously considered for the Villanova College first rugby team. He has the physical attributes, the dedication, and the passion needed to succeed on the field, and he's proven himself to be a valuable team player. With his hard work and commitment, there's no doubt that he'll make a positive impact on the team and help lead them to victory.

footty.00

Frank Row (1)
Blake Bishop is a 17-year-old student at Villanova College who has set his sights on making the school's first rugby team. With a passion for fitness and a dedication to his sport, Blake has been training hard to achieve his goal.

As a dedicated gym-goer, Blake knows that building muscle and increasing his strength is essential for success on the rugby field. He has spent countless hours working out, pushing himself to his limits, and striving to become stronger and more powerful.

But it's not just about the physical side of the game for Blake. He's also been working hard to improve his rugby skills and become a better team player. He knows that rugby is a team sport, and his success on the field depends on more than just his own fitness.

Blake's passion and dedication to rugby make him an ideal candidate for the Villanova College first rugby team. He has a natural athleticism that makes him stand out on the field, and his dedication to fitness means that he has the strength and stamina needed to succeed.

But it's not just his physical attributes that make him a great fit for the team. Blake is a natural leader, and his ability to work well with others makes him an asset to any team. He's always looking for ways to improve his game and is constantly seeking feedback and advice from his coaches and teammates.

Blake Bishop is about to take his fitness journey to the next level as the downstairs of his house is nearly finished being built with a gym. With his own gym, he'll have access to all the equipment he needs to take his training to the next level. Blake is excited about this new addition to his home as it will provide him with a convenient and private space to work out whenever he wants.

For these reasons, Blake should be seriously considered for the Villanova College first rugby team. He has the physical attributes, the dedication, and the passion needed to succeed on the field, and he's proven himself to be a valuable team player. With his hard work and commitment, there's no doubt that he'll make a positive impact on the team and help lead them to victory.
great to hear but why is this needed? no hate

roberto lemonski

Frank Row (1)
honestly lads I'm hearing a fair bit of chat around the lauries boys who were absolutely awful back in the grade 10 comp. TBH and Rate i see the paddies boys storming home dangerously this year and giving that prem a real run for her money indeed. someone let me cook
grade 10 comp buddy

Coach

Banned

Key Players to Watch: