• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
So…SLC and Padua in the box seat now but Laurie’s are still to play Marist and Padua. Marist look resurgent and Padua are the real deal this year. Villa play the chocolate soldiers on Wednesday night. That will decide Villa’s season amd maybe Padua’s? Can Laurie’s beat both Ash AND Padua? Still a chance of a 3 way premiership or it’s Padua or SLC outright.

Great to see the AIC comp so close and great to see Marist starting to wind up. Gotta feel for Iona - pre season they were looking the goods. Anyone know what’s going out on the bay?

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Early predictions

Marist to roll Pats 15 maybe 20 plus
Villa V Padua - too close to call , match of the round, whoever brings their A game wins.
SLC will beat Eddie’s at Runcorn by 20 plus
Iona to beat Peters but will be a hellava match - Iona by 5

thoughts ?

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Always good to see a close comp. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility that Villa get up over Padua and with Marist finding form Laurie’s will have to be at their best when they clash in a couple of weeks time.

If both go through undefeated it will set up a great clash to decide the premiership in the final round!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Due to QLD rep trials next weekend - both teams have players missing so a gentlemen’s agreement between schools i think.
In the AIC comp rules if a team has a certain number of players missing for rep teams the game must be moved.
You’d think that running the U18’s State Champs at the end of week 9 would make more sense.

Reactions: Vik

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
In the AIC comp rules if a team has a certain number of players missing for rep teams the game must be moved.
You’d think that running the U18’s State Champs at the end of week 9 would make more sense.
Who did Villa get into met east?

Mad Muddie

Frank Row (1)
With nationals in the June/July holidays holding it now allows teams to get finalised, etc. AAGPS, GPS and the other Sydney schoolboy comps play in Term 3 and the Sydney school associations have players selected in their teams too. Sydney’centric I guess.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They used to run Qld schoolboy trials at the end of term 2, would have a weeks camp and then play the national schoolboys champs in the holidays. All schools were involved and Qld did pretty well.
Now the unions want control it has taken away a lot from the schoolboy pathway in my view.

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
Well, Well, Well. Three holes in the ground. All I can say is that it was a disappointing end to a good game. I might not know much about the specific rules, but I do know you cannot end the game with a penalty. It's almost the same as competing in a swimming race but instead, you are on a speedboat while the others swim by themselves.
Tell us more.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Time to break the ice fellas. R. O. B. B. E. D.

That has got to be one of the most atrocious reffing performances in aic history. Villanova should have come out on top. The final call to end the game was not the right one to say the least, its like picking up the ball in basketball and running laps of the court, now that is DEFINITELY not legal. With the highest recorded single team crowd ever in aic, they were the real winners.
what happened? Ileft at halftime but Villa were on the comeback?

roberto lemonski

Frank Row (1)
10/10 performance from padua. honestly i am smelling a premiership. Can't wait to see another amazing performance from mitch rogers. villas back line was honestly looking so much better the lauries last night. cant see how the lauries 12 and 13 will be able to handle the god that is mitch rogers.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
Would love to know where the ref went wrong as this was an important game for both teams!
Nothing went wrong, Villa crybabies back at it. The last call was a knock on and not a penalty thus why padua got ball back. If anything, calls were questionable for padua come lineout not being straight.

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
Nobody wants another Laurie’s premiership. Worst losers and winners in the AIC even claiming 2020 but would have been flogged by MCA if the grand final was played.
remember back in the day when MCA were good?

Looking forward to the remaining rounds including the old boys touch footy game SLC vs MCA.

Hopefully all roads lead to Padua but lots for football to be played.