• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugby_09

Eddies beat tgs quiet convincingly. Ashgrove eddies and lauries have a three way trial this weekend. Be interesting to see who plays. Also I heard pats only just beat peters. Any other news on trials ect ect

R

rugbymand2323

I know Padua had a trial against Downlands last weekend, was a scrappy affair with Downlands eventually coming away with a fairly comfortable win by 20 odd points i think

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Lauries had a win against BBC on the weekend. Pat's beat Downlands the previous weekend and Iona got touched up by BGS. Should be an interesting season ahead judged on some of the trial results and also with Marist appearing to look strong.

W

WB15

Shane Larkman is eddies captain this year and played backrow for them last year also apprently of sunnybank div 1 team in u17s. Kid is an absolute weapon from all accounts and so is a lot of the eddies team with Sam Johnson there outside centre playing his third year of firsts rugby. I predict at least 7 of there players to make aic and larkman qld 1 and johnson qld 2.

Also St pats are my dark horse tip with the majority of there aic representatives from last ear returning as well

R

rugby_09

Shane Larkman is eddies captain this year and played backrow for them last year also apprently of sunnybank div 1 team in u17s. Kid is an absolute weapon from all accounts and so is a lot of the eddies team with Sam Johnson there outside centre playing his third year of firsts rugby. I predict at least 7 of there players to make aic and larkman qld 1 and johnson qld 2.

Also St pats are my dark horse tip with the majority of there aic representatives from last ear returning as well
Larkman is captain of sunnybank u18 side who plays 7 and Johnson is a 12 not 13. Be interesting to see all teams play as I think it will be a close season for all schools. Hopefully it will be an exciting season to watch good rugby

W

WB15

Larkman is captain of sunnybank u18 side who plays 7 and Johnson is a 12 not 13. Be interesting to see all teams play as I think it will be a close season for all schools. Hopefully it will be an exciting season to watch good rugby

Johnson has moved to 13 to accomodate rory humphries a grade 11 player with a contract with the wests tigers. I hear dhe is trying to get out of it though so he can play rugby

R

rugby_09

Johnson has moved to 13 to accomodate rory humphries a grade 11 player with a contract with the wests tigers. I hear dhe is trying to get out of it though so he can play rugby

In that case will be interesting if they will pick him as 12 or 13 in aic.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Augies very very good with quite a number of the team contracted to Manly (rugby league) and Villa missing a few players.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Augies very very good with quite a number of the team contracted to Manly (rugby league) and Villa missing a few players.

I know a couple of the St augustines players play SG Ball for manly but I don't know of any that have contracts with the club.

What can you tell me about the game? Who impressed you?

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Recently in Armidale eddies ended up coming 7th out of 8 beaten by teams such as sunshine coast grammar, splc ended up 5th beaten by finalists st alayious from Sydney and oakhill from Sydney ... Things are starting to change at SPLC

The result from the 2nd of April at SPLC was SPLC 7 - John Paul College 28. Admittedly in that game, SPLC without two of their best - away with the Qld Indiginenous Team. JPC had a big forward pack that won the day, particularly a prop (the captain) and a no 8 who tore them to shreds. JPC were up 21-0 before St Peters woke up. Probably wouldn't read too much into that result - Peters are improving and the 24-21 (or something like that) result against Pats was probably more indicative.

W

WB15

The result from the 2nd of April at SPLC was SPLC 7 - John Paul College 28. Admittedly in that game, SPLC without two of their best - away with the Qld Indiginenous Team. JPC had a big forward pack that won the day, particularly a prop (the captain) and a no 8 who tore them to shreds. JPC were up 21-0 before St Peters woke up. Probably wouldn't read too much into that result - Peters are improving and the 24-21 (or something like that) result against Pats was probably more indicative.

the 8s name is billy giloy i think you will find...prem colts at wests rugby and played harlequins academy in england last year

otoolej11

Bob McCowan (2)
My sources tell me Padua have had a rather successul pre-season, does anyone know their results?

Padua beat Waitaki High School by a Try and Orminston 1st XV by 5 or 6 and beat St. Columbans 55-0. Lost to TGS on Sunday 5 tries to 2. Waitaki also Beat St Pats and Villa

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Padua beat Waitaki High School by a Try and Orminston 1st XV by 5 or 6 and beat St. Columbans 55-0. Lost to TGS on Sunday 5 tries to 2. Waitaki also Beat St Pats and Villa

Looks like a very promising year.
I heard about the TGS game, apparently a decent effort by the padua forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.