• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
We appoint a former test referee and people are still not happy.

Well after some of his decisions on Saturday we now know why he is a "former test referee" and not a current one. Anyway was still a great game and hopefully the season doesn't end up with Pat's going undefeated and Lauries only losing the 1 game even though that probably won't happen.

M

MARKS

Couldn't agree more Latho.........I'm now cheering for Ash out of spite against Paddies.
Ashgrove will end the dream come this Saturday.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting that another losing team looks to blame a referee for their loss. From what I hear Pats were far the better side but didn't finish as well as they should have and then went to sleep and gave Lauries every chance to put them away but Lauries wasted their opportunties again in the same way they did the previous week against Villa. Bit of a pattern there.

M

MARKS

Interesting that another losing team looks to blame a referee for their loss. From what I hear Pats were far the better side but didn't finish as well as they should have and then went to sleep and gave Lauries every chance to put them away but Lauries wasted their opportunties again in the same way they did the previous week against Villa. Bit of a pattern there.

Yes its a shame.......but its a fact.
You shouldn't comment from afar.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Predictions for Round 3??????

Ashgrove vs St. Pats
Villanova vs Padua
Iona vs St. Peters
St. Lauries vs St. Eddies

W

WB15

dont think lauries will beat eddies. but i agree with the rest maybe padua by more

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
It was actually an AIC selector neutral from either school who was at the ground who passed on the comment.

Well if that's the case I'll be sure to book my OPSM appointment before this weekend's fixtures.

Anyway there are some big games for the premiership contenders this weekend.
Ash v SPC: Biggest game of the season so far. SPC will be buoyed after last weekends great escape. They have never beaten Ashgrove before but and there will be huge pressure for them to do so this weekend. Could go either way but I reckon Patties by 2.
SLC v Eddies: Loser of this will find it tough to be premiers especially with alot of strong teams this year. Lauries are hard to beat at home and Eddies seem to struggle a bit when not in Ipswich. Lauries by 7.
Villa v Padua: Villa apparently got within 2 points of Eddies during the second half last week before the score blew out. May be a bit deflated though being 0 from 2and Padua will be seeing this as a must win. Padua by 10.
Iona v SPLC: This could be a preview of a premiership deciding clash in 2012. Iona have done pretty well in the first couple of rounds and I think they will have their first win for the year at home. Iona by 15.

J

jerome

Pats over ash, will be good hard game but giles and jarrod will be hard to stop.
Padua over Villa, Villas chances of back to back preimerships are out the window with Padua still undefeated, Welch will have to be on game.
Eddies over lauries, Lauries will be hungry for a win after last weeks outcome with good backline plays and Tom milosivic having a good game but Eddies will be to big and strong Simon mikaele, #2, Leighton Herbert-Cummings and Shane Larkman will reak havok.
Iona over Peters, Peters still looking to win a game and all hopes for preimership almost gone will be looking for their first victory but David Eske will lead the iona boys to a victory, Iona by 10.

S

saulih

So glad to hear my alma mater (SPLC) is showing some development this season. Sports had been relegated so long in favor of the arts at the school that it was any wonder that rugby had weakened (not that they were probably ever really strong). I have not paid much attention to how the school has been doing, but will watch this thread a little more closely to see how they do. Thanks for any match reports and such.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Pats to break the Ashgrove drought and win by 5
Eddies to win by 7 continuing last week's form
Padua to be more confrontational at breakdown against Villa and get up by 8
Close game at Iona with home team to sneak in by 3.

This could create some history - when was last time both Lauries and Ashgrove lost in the same round and has Padua and Pats ever been the only undefeated teams leading the comp together

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Another great game this arvo at Runcorn with Eddies getting up by 17-12 over Lauries. Eddies led 17-7 in the second half but Lauries scored a try to make the last 10 minutes interesting. A bit of controversy again with Lauries being denied a try for a knock on (correct decision) and then Eddies kicking the ball out thinking it was fulltime but there was still time left. Eddies would of been extremely unlucky if they had lost but and deserved their win, for Lauries you never know with the comp being so tight this year but need results to go their way now and a huge game against Ashgrove lies ahead.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Results
Ash d Pats - not sure on the score but a couple Ashgrove tries late I hear
Eddies d SLC as stated above 17-12
Iona d SPLC 18-13 after SPLC led at half time.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
ashgrove defeated pats, 38-14

heard the Ashgrove number 5 had a blinder, but the inside backs still look shaky. My source says that the 10, 12 and 13 of Ashgrove have been average (at best) this season, apparently if you up the pressure they shoot themselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.