• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roll Away Black 7

Saulih you would be proud of the progress the young and inexperienced SPLC side have made. Rugby is making a comeback there through some hard work done on the culture. Look to see SPLC give a few teams a fright from here on in. Iona will be thanking their lucky stars after yesterday's game, where they were probably outpointed in the forwards just, but got away with a win due to some shoddy defence from the Indooroopilly boys. Note well the 16A side won on Saturday too.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Word has it that ashgrove's 13, played 9 and 10 last year for the second XV. could be struggling with the attacking difference there. and i don't think 12 is a notable ball player to begin with, looks as if he is there for he strong, straight running and his powerful one-on-one defence.

That obviously explains a lot, against SPLC the 12 did a lot of move butchering. I'm just waiting for a team to exploit these errors in attack, because at the moment the Ashgrove team is giving anyone they play against a sniff.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
SPLC definitely dominant in the scrum but looked fairly even at the breakdown with 6 and 2 from SPLC and 7 and 8 from Iona the standouts and virtually cancelled each other out. SPLC 12 was busy all day breaking the front line but lacked support or when they got there, the ball was dropped by the remaining backs - maybe the rain was a factor but it was happening before that. When the ball finally did stick, the try SPLC scored was spectacular over 80 metres through 8 sets of hands - easily the best of the game. Iona were workman like with the highlight being the individual try scored by 10 David Eske.

T

twinkletoes

In both the AIC 1 and AIC 2 Teams, there has been only 1 possible ASH boy being put up for nomination. I believe this is quite ridiculous as the Ashgrove team has greatly proved their dominance with a comprehensive win over Pats last week, 38 -14. You would surely have to consider the addition of more Ashgrove players for this team, as they imposed great potential and a real cohesiveness as a unit going into this weeks game against lauries. If this form continues then both the AIC 1 and 2 teams should be properly looked at, as both the Ashgrove 1st's and 2nd's have proved their ability and depth thus far in the competition and therefore should be closely looked at for selection to these teams.

J

Jizz Bandit

Score prediction for Ash vs Lauries this weekend?
My prediction
Ash by 20

D

Dreamer

In both the AIC 1 and AIC 2 Teams, there has been only 1 possible ASH boy being put up for nomination. I believe this is quite ridiculous as the Ashgrove team has greatly proved their dominance with a comprehensive win over Pats last week, 38 -14. You would surely have to consider the addition of more Ashgrove players for this team, as they imposed great potential and a real cohesiveness as a unit going into this weeks game against lauries. If this form continues then both the AIC 1 and 2 teams should be properly looked at, as both the Ashgrove 1st's and 2nd's have proved their ability and depth thus far in the competition.

teinkletoes is absolutly right. how can you only predict one player out of a team that is so far undefeated and doesnt look like losing anytime soon

J

Jizz Bandit

In both the AIC 1 and AIC 2 Teams, there has been only 1 possible ASH boy being put up for nomination. I believe this is quite ridiculous as the Ashgrove team has greatly proved their dominance with a comprehensive win over Pats last week, 38 -14. You would surely have to consider the addition of more Ashgrove players for this team, as they imposed great potential and a real cohesiveness as a unit going into this weeks game against lauries. If this form continues then both the AIC 1 and 2 teams should be properly looked at, as both the Ashgrove 1st's and 2nd's have proved their ability and depth thus far in the competition and therefore should be closely looked at for selection to these teams.

I agree profusley maybe even a look at the 3rds ?

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Talk of picking rep teams is way too premature. Historically, the selectors wait until almost the 2nd last round to make any calls simply so that they can consider as many as possible and give everyone a fair go. I agree with the approach because by then they should have seen everyone. Interesting the current undefeated teams Ashgrove and Padua meet in the last round - if that remains the situation, what a great trial it would have been

D

Dreamer

My father is quite familiar with the Ashgrove camp as he meticulously attends all the games and he has told me that the ASH Number 3 although certainly an above mediocre player does not have the throwing ability that you could bet your house on (unlike the current Ashgrove Hooker)

this is an interesting speculation but i would rate the ash number 3 (harrison Marshall) as one of the most brutal and hard hitting tight heads to ever come through schoolboy level.

D

Dreamer

Oh thankyou for clearing that up Petey. I must admit i had heard rumours in neighbouring AIC rugby camps that the ASH team was not up to par in the lineouts. However this knowledge reassures me that these were just rumours. Thankyou for clearing that up

my source indicates that the ash 2nd XV line out is far more superior

G

gods_gift

In relation to the above discussion of the potential lineout throwers for the upcoming weekend's clash vs St Laurences, I can say with confidence that no matter who is in control of the throwing for this vital aspect of the important set-piece that is the lineout, MCA fans can rest assure that the lineout will be in "tip-top" shape. Whether Michael Toolis (the usual hooker) or Harry Marshall ('the natural', 'born lineout thrower' and 'dominant tighthead prop of the AIC this season') is chosen to throw for the set piece, the Marist 1st XV looks to be in control of the lineout despite the moral dilemma which faces the coaching staff in relation to the chosen "thrower" for this weekend's fixture.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)

Very true twinkle toes, the Ashgrove 9, 10, 14 and 15 are all tremendous players who definetely need to be looked at for AIC selection. That's without even looking at the forward pack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.