• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheoreticalRugby

Frank Row (1)
I heard villa's 2nds have a good forward pack, with big tom schouten making his return this year from a horrific shoulder injury, hes set the bar high and is going out with a bang this last game at home vs eddies. call an ambo

call-an-ambo

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard villa's 2nds have a good forward pack, with big tom schouten making his return this year from a horrific shoulder injury, hes set the bar high and is going out with a bang this last game at home vs eddies. call an ambo

Well said, i did get to watch the seconds last week at villa park and although lauries smashed villa, there forward pack has quite some talent with all trys against villa being conceded through miss tackles in the backs.

Big-Hits

Frank Row (1)
Well said, i did get to watch the seconds last week at villa park and although lauries smashed villa, there forward pack has quite some talent with all trys against villa being conceded through miss tackles in the backs.
There were at least four forwards tries, hooker, Eric Touriki scored 3 and Jordan Bayne (played Number 8 as villa opted for uncontested scrums) scored at least 1 from a forward play on the 5 meter line.

aic_thug

Frank Row (1)
Emotional times for players, seniors and parents tomorrow as their journey representing their school in rugby is over. Best of luck to all 2014 graduates, do your school proud. Supporters, get out to the various venues tomorrow to watch your school. As an old boy from Lauries, although their season has been disappointing, I am well aware there will be a strong contingent of the Lauries Army there tomorrow.

Sir

Bob McCowan (2)
On the note about the Laurie's seconds side. The team does beat the firsts at training, the reason behind the teams great success is their coach. He trains the team extremely hard so they are tough and have no fear for their games which is what the Laurie's first rugby team have... They are also the best team at Laurie's with a five to one ration so far. Tell you what should of put them as the firsts.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Below is the table for Aggregate Points heading into this Saturday's matches. Interesting to see the overall results. Pats doing better than some may have expected, Eddies not as well. Villa the biggest shock here for me. Pats in particular have gone from 7th in 2012 to potentially 4th this year if they bode well against Lauries on Saturday.

1st MCA 122
2nd PAD 88
3rd IONA 80
4th SPC 60
5th SLC 49
6th SEC 44
7th SPLC 34
8th VILLA 27

Where did you find these points? Padua Vs. Iona tomorrow is crucial for both schools, I suspect Padua will be hard to beat all round tomorrow at Banyo though. 2nd place in the AIC rugby aggregate is a massive achievement for Padua College's rugby program. 10 years ago they were around 6th-7th in the aggregate, it shows how much they have progressed. I do agree that Villa is the massive surprise. What is happening over at Coorparoo? I know they have a strong football program, but surely being a traditional rugby school in the AIC that has a rich history they can avoid the wooden spoon?

All credit to SPLC and SPC and their heads of sport for changing the school's attitude not just in rugby but other sports (Swimming for SPLC and Cross Country for SPC). The challenge for these schools is to find consistency. SEC was looking like their rugby program was really flourishing after the 2011 AIC rugby aggregate 2nd placing and First XV shared premiership with Padua and Ashgrove. Padua has definitely found consistency in their rugby program, they have managed to finish 5th or higher since 2005 I believe. As for SEC, finishing below the top 4 would be considering a real problem for them even though they will take home the First XV trophy.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
The Lauries boys have copped a bit of flak on here this week. I hope that they use this as motivation to go out there and belt the shit out of St Pats, legally and in a rugby sense of course. Every trip up to Shorncliffe is intimidating for the visiting side, I hope a large number of Lauries men which will include future 1st XV players support the side and create an atmosphere that Pats don't enjoy for the 70 minutes. Obviously been a tough year, a bit of emotion, passion and pride in the black and gold and black jersey's tomorrow would be wonderful to see.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Where did you find these points? Padua Vs. Iona tomorrow is crucial for both schools, I suspect Padua will be hard to beat all round tomorrow at Banyo though. 2nd place in the AIC rugby aggregate is a massive achievement for Padua College's rugby program. 10 years ago they were around 6th-7th in the aggregate, it shows how much they have progressed.

Interesting that Padua finishes second in the aggregate yet the 15B's s was their only win on the day against Ashgrove.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting that Padua finishes second in the aggregate yet the 15B's s was their only win on the day against Ashgrove.

Yes and those people saying Ashgrove's golden era is over are kidding themselves. Interesting to see that it's not only Lauries First XV struggling, but all age groups across the board. Ashgrove might not be as strong in the First XV competition but they have still maintained consistency across all grades.

call-an-ambo

Bob McCowan (2)
There were at least four forwards tries, hooker, Eric Touriki scored 3 and Jordan Bayne (played Number 8 as villa opted for uncontested scrums) scored at least 1 from a forward play on the 5 meter line.

You must not be able to read, you're to focused on trying to make yourself look smart. I said that all trys were conceded by miss tackles in the backs. Not that no lauries forward scored. The reason as to why Eric scored 3 was because he spent 80% of the game sitting in the back waiting for the ball to come out and run through a soft villa defense line.

you're actually retarded "Big-Hits"

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Galloper, Today at 8:26 AM Report
Padua won't finish second in the Aggregate today
The Men in Black and white are dominating the Poo and Wee in the 13s and 14s so far.
3 premierships in the 13s and 14s including the 14A to IONA

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Padua won't finish second in the Aggregate today
The Men in Black and white are dominating the Poo and Wee in the 13s and 14s so far.
3 premierships in the 13s and 14s including the 14A to IONA
What about in the older age groups? Firsts score?

Status
Not open for further replies.