• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
As far as I can work it out, Ashgrove are premiers in every grade except for the First XV.

Were there joint premierships in 13A's and 14A's? Depends on what happened with SPC in the 13A's (draw with Ash) and SLC in the 14A's who beat Ash but lost to SPC yesterday.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)

The MVP (Arguably) of the AIC Premiership 2014, Premiership winning captain Clifton Setu

Great tape, as I said at the start of the year the kid's all class.

It will be interesting to see which of the Qld teams Setu makes after this week's trials. He will no no doubt be up against the hype associated with some of the GPS 15's but I really hope he makes the 1's, he deserves it.

The Queen

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua College 36 - Iona College 21

Very heated towards the end with an all in brawl which was a disappointing way to finish a great game of rugby and year 12's final game.
I headed to Padua to watch this game I can say this was a fantastic game of rugby, one of the best games all year. Except what happened in the last 5 minutes ruined the effort put in by coaches and players. To see a game, which was the last at schoolboy level for some players end they way it did was nothing short of disgraceful.

On the other hand I had contacts out at Tingalpa who watched the Villa vs SEC game labelling it the greatest ever schoolboy rugby game in AIC history. Coming down to the last minute where the game was let go by the referee letting it flow so the crowd could witness such a fantastic game. With both teams playing an expansive style shifting the ball from edge to edge. All in good spirit with Villa being gracious in defeat, while SEC labelling it the hardest game out of the 7 that they played. My hat goes off to SEC on a fantastic season of rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
As far as I can work it out, Ashgrove are premiers in every grade except for the First XV.

Were there joint premierships in 13A's and 14A's? Depends on what happened with SPC in the 13A's (draw with Ash) and SLC in the 14A's who beat Ash but lost to SPC yesterday.
Galloper, Today at 9:54 AM
yes joint premierships in both 13 and 14s
13A SPC + ASH
14A IONA + ASH

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Padua V
I headed to Iona to watch this game I can say this was a fantastic game of rugby, one of the best games all year. Except what happened in the last 5 minutes ruined the effort put in by coaches and players. To see a game, which was the last at schoolboy level for some players end they way it did was nothing short of disgraceful.

On the other hand I had contacts out at Tingalpa who watched the Villa vs SEC game labelling it the greatest ever schoolboy rugby game in AIC history. Coming down to the last minute where the game was let go by the referee letting it flow so the crowd could witness such a fantastic game. With both teams playing an expansive style shifting the ball from edge to edge. All in good spirit with Villa being gracious in defeat, while SEC labelling it the hardest game out of the 7 that they played. My hat goes off to SEC on a fantastic season of rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PADUA V IONA was played at Banyo ..

aussieschoolboys

Frank Nicholson (4)

You have to be kidding. It was scrappy rugby from both sides, especially SEC. SEC at times looked like they were not switched on and to be honest I thought Villa were going to win. Brock McNulty outplayed Cameron Torpy to show that he deserves the #13 spot for AIC. Max Baker impressed me with his running. Referee was very picky about the breakdown so both SEC and Villa forwards didn't get many turnovers. I'd be interested to see Max Baker at 9. Tom Macdonald got the #9 spot for AIC because of his box kicks, so it'd be interesting to see if Max could develop a box kick. Overall it was an alright game, some big hits and good runs but both sides showed embarrassing defense. Not quite sure on the AIC selections of Peter Harding and George Carter. If I was a selector I would of gone with a running 6 and a good tackling 7. I believe 6 and 7 should of been Gentile and Robinson. Both Harding and Carter were good at contesting breakdowns but if you're going up against GPS 1 you can't have 2 undersized flankers trying to pilfer the ball. Injuries will occur no matter how great their technique is. Sankey I'm unsure about, he has impressive height but if I was a selector Kain humphreys would of been my selection.

Although the AIC team has already been announced I would consider this a better team then the current one.

1. Kaleb Tigafua
2. Will Dowd
3. Tom O'Tool
4. Daniel Byrne
5. Kain Humphreys
6. Connor Gentile
7. Daniel Robinson
8. Layton Kember
9. Tom Macdonald
10. Kenric Felu
11. Steven Tatipata
12. Brock McNulty
13. Regan Glynn
14. Brent Woolf
15. Clifton Setu

No point in naming this team I just think it's better then the current one. Also, I don't mean to come across as harsh towards Harding and Carter. Both are great players and I hope they prove me wrong.

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
You have to be kidding. It was scrappy rugby from both sides, especially SEC. SEC at times looked like they were not switched on and to be honest I thought Villa were going to win. Brock McNulty outplayed Cameron Torpy to show that he deserves the #13 spot for AIC. Max Baker impressed me with his running. Referee was very picky about the breakdown so both SEC and Villa forwards didn't get many turnovers. I'd be interested to see Max Baker at 9. Tom Macdonald got the #9 spot for AIC because of his box kicks, so it'd be interesting to see if Max could develop a box kick. Overall it was an alright game, some big hits and good runs but both sides showed embarrassing defense. Not quite sure on the AIC selections of Peter Harding and George Carter. If I was a selector I would of gone with a running 6 and a good tackling 7. I believe 6 and 7 should of been Gentile and Robinson. Both Harding and Carter were good at contesting breakdowns but if you're going up against GPS 1 you can't have 2 undersized flankers trying to pilfer the ball. Injuries will occur no matter how great their technique is. Sankey I'm unsure about, he has impressive height but if I was a selector Kain humphreys would of been my selection.

Although the AIC team has already been announced I would consider this a better team then the current one.

1. Kaleb Tigafua
2. Will Dowd
3. Tom O'Tool
4. Daniel Byrne
5. Kain Humphreys
6. Connor Gentile
7. Daniel Robinson
8. Layton Kember
9. Tom Macdonald
10. Kenric Felu
11. Steven Tatipata
12. Brock McNulty
13. Regan Glynn
14. Brent Woolf
15. Clifton Setu

No point in naming this team I just think it's better then the current one. Also, I don't mean to come across as harsh towards Harding and Carter. Both are great players and I hope they prove me wrong.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gents, here are all the results from this year's exciting season of rugby. Ashgrove clearly dominated the aggregate, winning a premiership in every age group except the First XV and 15B's. Interesting to note that SLC recorded it's worst ever position in the aggregate rankings since it's induction to the AIC competition.

Attachments

• AIC Rugby Results 2014.xlsx
    55.8 KB · Views: 540

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
Tough times ahead for some schools, I notice between the 13a & b Eddies didnt have a win, Lauries had 3 wins and Villa had 4, 14a & b Villa had 1 win and so did Peters and in the 15a group Lauries no wins, Villa 1 win and Eddies 2 wins. Ashgrove very strong looking into the future with Padua and maybe SPC

Take note that: The 2014 1st XV age group for SEC won 1 game as 13A's the developed to undefeated as opens.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Tough times ahead for some schools, I notice between the 13a & b Eddies didnt have a win, Lauries had 3 wins and Villa had 4, 14a & b Villa had 1 win and so did Peters and in the 15a group Lauries no wins, Villa 1 win and Eddies 2 wins. Ashgrove very strong looking into the future with Padua and maybe SPC

Ashgrove and Padua's futures look very strong indeed. I can see Pats also closely following behind but Pats have always seemed to be a school that goes well for a year or two and then drops off. Padua is finding the consistency these days which was not the case in the early years of AIC. Ashgrove look like they will never lose a rugby aggregate for another 50 years. What's happening over at Coorparoo? The Villa boys have lost their touch it seems...

Status
Not open for further replies.