• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Gotta love thirsty thirds and fighting fourths buffo who won them across the grounds today??

Pats probably won the 3rds fight. Lauries were niggling and there had been a few minor push and shoves throughout the game but about about half way through the second term it boiled over after Lauries got penalized for back chatting. It was pretty much all in with the guy who got sent off (from SPC) landing a few. The St Pats Director of Rugby had to run in to help break it up before blasting the team, particularly because they had put the game on field 1 (for the Yr 12's last home game). SPC has implemented a new judiciary system so likely he will miss a game because of the incident.​
Eventually the penalty was reversed and Lauries took a shot at goal which was missed.​

wendpt

Stan Wickham (3)
SPC 36 - SLC 0
Really good to have the game at the traditional time of 3:15 for Back to Shorncliffe Day.
Large turnout from; boys (200-300 from Pats), old boys well as a other supporters. It was a huge improvement from the Padua game where may have been 75 boys (possible evidence to change times back for next year).
St Pats got 3 early tries and had the game under control from then on. There wasn't to much put up in attack by Lauries but they played through to the end. St Pats also won 2nds but lost 3rds by a try(There was a big fight). 4 - 2 in the soccer as well for the top of the table game.
Laurie's did win the day on aggregate for both the rugby and the soccer though.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Are any other schools having 3:15 starts for there last home games like at Shorncliffe over the weekend. The crowd was at least 3 times what it was at the 1:30 game against northside rivals Padua.

wendpt

Stan Wickham (3)
For the last round between Ashgrove v Lauries all football and rugby will be at the same venue with the First XV kicking off at 3:15pm. The Ashgrove v Lauries Old Boys play each other in a touch challenge prior to the First XV match at 2:45pm.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
For the last round between Ashgrove v Lauries all football and rugby will be at the same venue with the First XV kicking off at 3:15pm. The Ashgrove v Lauries Old Boys play each other in a touch challenge prior to the First XV match at 2:45pm.

What about ashgroves last home game? I do believe it is this weekend against Pats?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
What about ashgroves last home game? I do believe it is this weekend against Pats?

That's correct, but I'm not sure the start time for the First XV has been confirmed yet.

With the wash-out if the first round game against SEC, only two home games this year for Ashgrove.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like there are many things that have been learnt from the 16th season of AIC rugby. Firstly, I think we can all agree that the 1:30pm kick off has had a massive influence on crowd numbers. It's disappointing to see these crowd numbers lower than usual, especially in derby games such as the North side challenge between Padua and St Pats which regularly attracts a very large and passionate crowd as both schools enjoy a rivalry which has grown strongly. It's a good decision that they have made the Ashgrove vs Lauries game at 3:15 as this is the biggest derby/rivalry in the AIC with history and plenty of passion. Moving forward I wouldn't be surprised if the 3:15pm kick off comes back next year.

Also, what are people's thoughts on moving rugby to term 3 to align with GPS competition to allow for a supplementary draw for lower grade teams? I know the Ashgrove boys in the 4th's and lower would get sick of versing their school mates nearly week in week out. It's kind of a shame that they don't get to play every school but if they had the chance to verse a different school each week regardless of the competition they are from it makes playing rugby for their school more satisfying. Thoughts?

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Also, what are people's thoughts on moving rugby to term 3 to align with GPS competition to allow for a supplementary draw for lower grade teams? I know the Ashgrove boys in the 4th's and lower would get sick of versing their school mates nearly week in week out. It's kind of a shame that they don't get to play every school but if they had the chance to verse a different school each week regardless of the competition they are from it makes playing rugby for their school more satisfying. Thoughts?

The Ashgrove 4ths play in the 3rds comp for Peters whilst the 5th's and 6ths play in the 4ths comp. A few schools have teams such as Iona, Padua and i think one other so they aren't playing each other every week.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
The Ashgrove 4ths play in the 3rds comp for Peters whilst the 5th's and 6ths play in the 4ths comp. A few schools have teams such as Iona, Padua and i think one other so they aren't playing each other every week.

I'd like to align the schedule with GPS and see Sevens introduced instead it's an Olympic sport that needs more participation.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Not looking forward to watching Villa play Padua this week. Villa were lifeless last week vs St Eddies with Villa dominating scrums and lineouts and losing everywhere else. If they play like this vs Padua I'm tipping 70+.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd like to align the schedule with GPS and see Sevens introduced instead it's an Olympic sport that needs more participation.

And then the 15 man game (the one of actual importance) would go down the hole. Also, people wouldn't sign up for a sport where the match lasts for only 15 minutes.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Can it be confirmed that at Ashgrove 1sts kickoff is at 2:15 with 2nds and 3rds playing on field 1 in earlier games.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone know the names of the SPLC 1 and 5? I heard they were quite good against Ashgrove on the weekend. With only 2 rounds left I think this forward pack will a good fit for QLD trials.

1. Tom O'Toole PAD
2. Josh Schweitzer SEC
3. Tom Rafter ASH
4. Michael Wood PAD
5. Harry Enright ASH
6. Justin Sikimeti SPC
7. Louis Schwenke PAD
8. Archie Taylor SEC

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
And then the 15 man game (the one of actual importance) would go down the hole. Also, people wouldn't sign up for a sport where the match lasts for only 15 minutes.

I envisage a series of carnivals where we have 2 pools of 4 whereby each team gets 3 matches and a Final . Points accumulate like the IRB Sevens. Highest Points at end of Series wins...simples

wendpt

Stan Wickham (3)
Lauries used to host the Australian Schools 7's competition in the 80's. They are also running another 7's competition this year as part of their centenary celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.