• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
I'll give an Iona team a shot.

1. Stephen Pritchett
4. Jack Madigan
5. Teal Dovey
6. Nathan Marshall
7. Tim Albion
10. Tom Ward
11. Andrew Davie
14. Brandt Quinn
15. Will Feeney (C)

Forwards will be quite weak. Expecting an equal in talent or less than team to the 2015 team.

Marshall, Albion, and Feeney are prospects for AIC, Feeney especially.

Filipo Levi

Bob McCowan (2)
I'll give an Iona team a shot.

1. Stephen Pritchett
4. Jack Madigan
5. Teal Dovey
6. Nathan Marshall
7. Tim Albion
10. Tom Ward
11. Andrew Davie
14. Brandt Quinn
15. Will Feeney (C)

Forwards will be quite weak. Expecting an equal in talent or less than team to the 2015 team.

Marshall, Albion, and Feeney are prospects for AIC, Feeney especially.

Is the #10 supposed to be Joe Ward? How about Fisher is he playing Rugby?

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Just a random thought but I think the AIC schools to start feeding their first XV players. I've noticed a decline in size over the years. 2012/2013 players were huge, 2014 players were smaller and 2015 even smaller. 2016 probably even smaller. I don't think I can watch anymore 75kg locks get smashed around. Honestly shouldn't be too hard for schools since they're all well off.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
St Pats 1st XV Prediction – This is definitely a draft at this stage
SPC came 3rd in 1st XV and 4th in 16A

1. Liam Jacobsen
2. Zac Hume
3. One of the year 11’s possibly​
4. Matt Munday
5. ???​
6. Jeral Skelton (could play second row)​
7. Bradyn Rees
8. Justin Sikameti
9. Liam Prendergast (Skippa???)​
10. ??? (Zane Pappin was 16A’s)​
11. Lachlan Kearney
12. Jacques Knop​
13. Morne Knop
14. Saxon Johannsson​
15. Lachlan Connors​

The players in red are the returning.

Matt Durnan will be 1 of next years grade 11's pushing for a position in the front row.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
My guess at a Padua 1st XV:

1. Jed Chapman
2. Pat Wall/ Pat Fall
3. Liam Usher
4. Sonny Ah San
5. Michael Wood
6. Chris Bath
7. Tim Andrews
8. Owen McCarron
10. Cooper Miller/ Danny Heenan/Tom Best
11. Hudson Creighton
12. Ethan Pringle
13. Rob Meikle
14. Michael Cheer
15. Campbell Mahoney

J

Jacob Amore

From Padua the likes of O'toole (QLD 2), Usher, Wood (QLD 1), Andrew, Pringle and Ah-San. Iona have their 7, 10, 12 and 15 are also returning for another year? Anyone have their names?

7: Nathan Marshall
10: Joe Ward
12: Brandt Quinn
15: William Feeney
also Tim Albion who started 4 games as flanker is coming back this year

J

Jacob Amore

Everyone seems to have overlooked the new prospect for Iona. Sean Mangin has recently come to the school from New Zealand and is in Grade 12. He was a gun rugby league player playing in the U/17's Southside team (equivalent to QLD 1). He will probably play centers along with Brandt Quinn or William Feeney (may play fullback). This combination would be deadly especially with Nathan Marshall playing at flanker and Joe Ward on his inside. Sean has dominated the rugby league scene in New Zealand and in my opinion could dominate the GPS competition and would undoubtedly be the best back in the AIC comp this year in front of William Feeney. With the two best backs in AIC at Iona and one of the best fly halfs in the comp (Joe Ward) they are bound to do well. He is very elusive and extremely quick as well as being approx 6'3 and 98kg. He plays like a Sonny Bill Williams/Ma'a Nonu but with better footwork and speed. Definitely someone to watch out for!

damiensmith

Frank Row (1)
My prediction on Padua XV 2016
After watching a few of the 15A/16A games last year, it's obvious that Padua will be one of the stronger sides next year searching for a back to back premiership. forwards look very strong with the likes of Returning players such as Liam usher, Tim Andrews, Michael woods and sonny ah sun. All backs look extremely skilful from 9-15 and this should be where they score all there points. Specially with the likes of experinced pringle at 13. Will they struggle without o Toole though being a successful part of their AIC team for 2 years.
Here's what it should be
1-Liam Usher
2-Pat Fall/Pat Wall
3-Jed Chapman
4-Michael Woods
5-Sunny Ah Sun
6- Tim Andrew
7-Owen mccaron/Pat Wilett
8-Chris bath
9-Michael McGrath
10- Cooper Millar
11- Michael Cheer/Campbell Mahoney
12- Rob Meikle
13- Ethan Pringle
14-Innis Brummer
15- Campbell Mahoney/Michael cheer

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
This rumour is up there with the one about Marist Ashgrove switching to Rugby League.

That rumor is true... to a point.
According to multiple sources including the Courier-Mail Ashgrove will be playing in the Confraternity Shield (statewide rugby league carnival) next year. The week long competition is played in the holidays after rugby season finishes therefore placing no strain on 1st XV rugby. Padua, St Pats and Eddies already play in the competition. It will be interesting to see how they go though because the three teams are usually placed towards the bottom of Div 1.

Patrick Joseph

Bob McCowan (2)
That rumor is true. to a point.
According to multiple sources including the Courier-Mail Ashgrove will be playing in the Confraternity Shield (statewide rugby league carnival) next year. The week long competition is played in the holidays after rugby season finishes therefore placing no strain on 1st XV rugby. Padua, St Pats and Eddies already play in the competition. It will be interesting to see how they go though because the three teams are usually placed towards the bottom of Div 1.

No strain on 1st XV unless of course the boys are interested in representative honours in AIC/Chairmans teams and ultimately Qld schoolboys sides as the Qld selection carnival is held at the same time as Confraternity Shield.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scholarship talk, rumour, scuttlebutt, suggestions, trolling, etc belongs in another thread.

Please stop posting about them in this thread. We have a thread established for that purpose. Go there if you feel necessary to "spill the beans" or break the news.

General warning to all.

From here on posts will be deleted and bans issued to folk that post about scholarships in this thread.

Kyle MIller

Bob McCowan (2)
I strongly believe Ashgrove, Iona and Padua will finish top 3 in the 2016 season. The standard in AIC has dropped, but surely will increase within the 2016 season and next 5 years.

IONA 2016 Team Prediction
1. Tim Albion (16A's/1XV 2015)
2. Angus Barker (2nd XV 2015)
3. Joel Bunigh (3rd XV 2015)
4. Tom Bisset (16A's 2015)
5. Teal Dovey (VC) (16A's 2015)
6. Leslie Allen (16A's 2015)
7. Nathan Marshall (VC) (1XV 2015) - Emerging Reds U18's
8. Morgan Bishop (16A's 2015)
9. Thomas Cain (15A's 2015) / Cooper Clayton (16A's/1XV 2015)
10. Joseph Ward (1XV 2015)
11. Jay Keenan (16A's 2015)
12. Brandt Quinn (1XV 2015)
13. Callum Fisher (16A's 2015)
14. Nathan Albury (16A's 2015)
15. Will Feeney (C) (1XV 2015) - Emerging Reds U18's

Status
Not open for further replies.