• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauriesrugbyarmy

Frank Row (1)
Lauries XV Prediction for the 2017 Season (only a draft but this will be a massive threat in the comp if picked correctly)
1. Sam Mullins
2. Lachlan Sumner
3. Jackson Turville
4. Flynn Simonis
5. Zach Simonis
6. Adam Peak
7. Nick Sheehan
8. James O'Donnell
9. Billy Rutherford (c)
10. Elijiah Barnes
11. Daniel Preston
12. Finn Roberts
13. James Cosgrove
14. Campbell Brown
15. Cooper Edmunds

kyevl19

Frank Row (1)
Lauries XV Prediction for the 2017 Season (only a draft but this will be a massive threat in the comp if picked correctly)
1. Sam Mullins
2. Lachlan Sumner
3. Jackson Turville
4. Flynn Simonis
5. Zach Simonis
6. Adam Peak
7. Nick Sheehan
8. James O'Donnell
9. Billy Rutherford (c)
10. Elijiah Barnes
11. Daniel Preston
12. Finn Roberts
13. James Cosgrove
14. Campbell Brown
15. Cooper Edmunds

i agree with this team, however if the iona 16As 10 was in the team they would have alot more success

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Any Eddies or Peter's U15 guys who want to trial for Met West U15's should speak to the school as the trials are on at Sunnybank Rugby on Tuesday 31 May.

Other schools should look at when their regions are trialling.

Brayden Thompson

Frank Row (1)
The fact that the Iona 3rds haven't pieced together a win at all, and are still yet to face the likes of Marist,or Padua, I question whether you're on here as some sort of joke or not?

well lad. Ill have you know that the Iona 3rds pieced together a win against the might marist 5ths. Tough squad

XVchatter

Frank Row (1)
Defining game this weekend for iona against Ashgrove. Coming off a win, and full of confidence, iona will be ready to get rid of dreaded memories from the trial game where they were beat. Ashgrove however, who are coming off a loss, will be fighting hard to reinstate there worth in the top order of the AIC competitors. This game could define Ionas season who if win, will be placed as high as top 3 on the ladder and will be looking to beat teams such as villanova (if play well). I believe the defining factor in this game will be the performance of the iona Backline who should be sticking to simple plays and looking to convert first points (they have the capability) william feeney, joe ward, brandt quinn etc. The issue is, against a side such as Ashgrove the iona side may feel unneeded pressure that leads to stupid mistakes and errors which they cant afford. The eyes however, will be on the much smaller forward pack of iona, who should be looking to assert there dominance with courageous linebreaks and driving runs. I dont doubt this isnt possible, with the likes of nathan marshall and tim albion who always tend to perform when it counts. Be prepared though iona, if Ashgrove get in early i predict the flood gates to poor open, as they will drop there heads.

Fencesitter11

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 4 predictions.....

Villa v Lauries
I expect Black and Gold to prevail here. A much-improved performance against a hyped Peters side last week should be good form for this – Villa still struggling but can expect some respite as they meet another winless side but Lauries to go 1 and 3.
Eddies v Padua
Best Eddies can hope for is the bus with the Padua 1st XV breaks down and they don’t get there until the second half. Padua need to keep their mind on the job after the focus on Ashgrove last weekend but I tip them to win at Tivoli easily and enjoy the drive home.
Iona v Ashgrove
Not a great week to get the boys from Ashgrove – they will be hurt and determined after last week’s 2 point loss to Padua – Iona will get a wake-up call from one of the powerhouses of the competition. 58 – 0 is an impressive score line however the Blue and Gold represent a much more difficult challenge.
Pats v Peters

Pats were impressive against a meek Villa side and mixed it with top dogs Padua for a long time whilst from all reports Peters were far from their best against Lauries, but remained unbeaten - winning form is good form. When in doubt go for the home team so that’s what I will do. Expect it to be a cracker of a game.

M

manonthehill

Round 4 prediction

Villa v Lauries

The might green and gold army will be out in full support this weekend as the boys go for there first win of the season. An easy win for Villa and will most likely match of the round, I expect there to be a huge crowd.

Eddies v Padua

Padua should get the 'W' this weekend with a woeful 2016 Eddies team will most likely go win-less this year.

Iona v Ashgrove

With a very controversial game last weekend, Ashgrove will bounce back and get the win.

Pats v Peters

Pats were lucky to win against an injured Villa team last week with 5 starting players out (2 hookers, one a favourite for AIC 1 before his injury in the pre-season - missed out on most of last year with two injuries before and during the season I believe [anyone know anything about this?]). Peters also lucky last weekend but will be counting there stars and get the win this weekend.

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 4 prediction

Villa v Lauries

The might green and gold army will be out in full support this weekend as the boys go for there first win of the season. An easy win for Villa and will most likely match of the round, I expect there to be a huge crowd.

Eddies v Padua

Padua should get the 'W' this weekend with a woeful 2016 Eddies team will most likely go win-less this year.

Iona v Ashgrove

With a very controversial game last weekend, Ashgrove will bounce back and get the win.

Pats v Peters

Pats were lucky to win against an injured Villa team last week with 5 starting players out (2 hookers, one a favourite for AIC 1 before his injury in the pre-season - missed out on most of last year with two injuries before and during the season I believe [anyone know anything about this?]). Peters also lucky last weekend but will be counting there stars and get the win this weekend.

Yes i agree, Pats must of been really lucky to win by 50+ points

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
That pats coach must have been really stressed about the 'W' if half way through the second half he decided to sub every bench player on. Villa's only season highlight will come in Round 5 against eddies when they can might just be able to put together a win in this thriller of a game to decide the who gets the wooden spoon. Three games into the season and in all games they've received a hiding of at least 50+ points. Pats v Peters is the game of round.

I agree. With a relative of ex-Wallaby Jesse Mogg on the wing the Pats team will definitely put on a contest against a side filled with imports.

Also the hype has already begun for the new biggest game of the AIC season. News coming out today suggests the respective 3rd XV's from Pats and Padua having a rematch in Round 7 on Curlew Park Field 1 (due to the fact both have byes). After the agonizingly tight contest in round 2 this will affirm once and for all who is the greatest 3rd XV of them all. More info to come closer to the date.

M

manonthehill

Easy win for Villa? Villa haven't gone close to any schools while Lauries are coming off 2 losses of less than 4. Only way Villa win the rivalry game is if their fans give them a 50 points head start

Yeah mate, let's just see how the boys go this weekend hey Mike Bishop

Jason Robindon

Frank Row (1)
As a spectator at the Pats vs Villa game on the weekend I was very impressed with majority of the Villa team but I believe they're missing a good number 12. They're number 12 on the weekend was dominated for the whole duration of the game and must have forgot he was wearing long sleeve skins when he attempted to throw chat. Villa's coaches will need to pursue their other options if they want to win a game for the year.

Return of the Jedi

Frank Row (1)
Ashgrove to cover Iona , they will bounce back , there was plenty of effort last week. It was disappointing to read some of the comments, I believe that the boys did us proud.

Padua by lots. St Peters by a few, Pats may push them in the scrum but Peters have more strikepower.

Have not seen Lauries this year but they cannot be worse off than Villa. I doubt that Villa can win a game, Eddies looked a bit better than Villa when I saw them play. That being said, the Villa seconds seem a lot better than the Eddies seconds so if a couple of those boys overcome whatever issues there are with selection then they could be a chance to get off a duck next week

Brayden Thompson

Frank Row (1)
The Iona 2nds will have the Debut of Jack Herring, said to be the best fly half at Iona College maybe even the whole AIC comp. Jack has been proclaimed as a prodigy and the new upcoming star number 10 of Iona and should be overtaking Alex Sinclair in the 1st XV team by the end of the year.

Hamish Mcdougall

Frank Row (1)
I think Ashgrove 2nds shouldn't be to confident for there game this weekend. With the likes of Jacob 'the rig' Jones lining up for IONA. I'm predicting a couple of broken ribs for Ashgrove after watching Jonesy put on some big hits in the past couple of rounds.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
The Iona 2nds will have the Debut of Jack Herring, said to be the best fly half at Iona College maybe even the whole AIC comp. Jack has been proclaimed as a prodigy and the new upcoming star number 10 of Iona and should be overtaking Alex Sinclair in the 1st XV team by the end of the year.

The 10 from St Pats Callum Adams has the most allusive step and best pass in AIC without doubt. Here is his career highlight reel -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJMbysvHLw

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Also the hype has already begun for the new biggest game of the AIC season. News coming out today suggests the respective 3rd XV's from Pats and Padua having a rematch in Round 7 on Curlew Park Field 1 (due to the fact both have byes). After the agonizingly tight contest in round 2 this will affirm once and for all who is the greatest 3rd XV of them all. More info to come closer to the date.

The chat level is unreal here! If you pull off arranging this high stakes unscheduled fixture, I will personally attend and offer the MOTM a feature vid. Keep me posted on the planning progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.