• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theclassicmeatpie

Bob McCowan (2)
As I watched the Villanova vs st Laurence's first game today I was really impressed by both teams. As an old boy from villa having experienced the rivalry, today's game really showed to passion and pride each player had for there team. Coming down to the last play with Lauries ending up on top 11 - 5 the villa boys really dug deep and showed that they not only playing for the college but for each other. Also the atmosphere at the game was brilliant with a large villa crowd, team list being called over the siren, banners and plenty of old boys.
Quality game and really hope this rivalry keeps going on for many years to come

M

manonthehill

Great atmosphere at Villa v Lauries. Tight game only goal kicking the difference. However the refereeing was something. Poor for either side and didn't let the game flow, seen him before and he was just as useless then as he was today. Both sides played courageously and Lauries should be commended on there performance. Stand out player n.2 however needs to work on his line outs... hope this rivalry continues well into the future

John Dickens

Bob McCowan (2)
As an Eddie supporter, my Aunty lives 275m from villa park, today after a family brunch went to watch the Lauries vs villa game in the first 15 which was the anticipated game of the round. I was particularly impressed with the number 12 from Villanova. The Skills he showed and his ability to change the game in seconds was outstanding! His technique of crash balling and draw in and pass was second to none, it reminds me of my days when I was coaching the under 20 Australian boy rugby league!! He deserves a pat on the back from the coaches in his school!! He nearly won the team the game today and fought hard but unfortunately lost, but for me he was the winner !! Credits to Lauries and the number 12 of Villanova you are a talent !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
As an Eddie supporter, my Aunty lives 275m from villa park, today after a family brunch went to watch the Lauries vs villa game in the first 15 which was the anticipated game of the round. I was particularly impressed with the number 12 from Villanova. The Skills he showed and his ability to change the game in seconds was outstanding! His technique of crash balling and draw in and pass was second to none, it reminds me of my days when I was coaching the under 20 Australian boy rugby league!! He deserves a pat on the back from the coaches in his school!! He nearly won the team the game today and fought hard but unfortunately lost, but for me he was the winner !! Credits to Lauries and the number 12 of Villanova you are a talent !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the same 12 who wears long sleeved skins, attempts to put late hits on and last week against St Pats was benched on poor performance?

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
If that's what has happened today at ashgrove vs iona then I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope the schools take the appropriate action to discipline and educate

wynnum forum

Frank Row (1)
Just like to commend the Iona boys today against Ashgrove. Was an unreal game to watch as Iona really competed and never gave up. The first 10 minutes from Iona was excellent though Ashgrove being the stronger side came out with the convincing win. Standouts from Iona were once again the 12, Joe Ward, 14, Brandt Quinn, 7, Nathan Marshal. Also, the number 4 and 3 were quality. Was also good to see the 16A number 8, Smith, get a run. Definitely made his presence known on the field. Congratulations Ashgrove and excellent performance Iona.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
*No more discussion of the incident mentioned earlier - it will only end in tears. Let the schools sort this stuff out.*

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
LEAVE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE PREVIOUS INCIDENT ALONE. I WILL DELETE ALL FURTHER POSTS AND PROBABLY BAN THOSE WHO POST THEM.

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
Any other reports from Pad v Eddies - confirmed 80-0 scoreline? St Peter's went down narrowly to SPC who pushed Padua - can SPLC cause an upset and knock the eagle from its perch?

sposa

Frank Row (1)
As an old boy of SPLC, I headed out to yesterday's game with high hopes. The two blowout scorelines from the first two rounds showed a promising team who could maybe strive for the top. Last week's scoreline against SLC was a little worrying though. Was this team starting to believe their own publicity? Were the blow out scores just hiding deficiencies that the better schools would uncover? Or was this a team who could challenge Marist and Padua for top billing?
The talk before the game was all about how good the SPLC forwards were, how much firepower their backs had and how Pats needed to play above and beyond to even come close.
Within five minutes of the game starting, all theories were blown and all questions were answered. SPLC played like a team who were used to having it easy. They showed up thinking this would be a mere speedbump in the road while the Pats 15 stepped up and did their jerseys proud.
Pats jumped out of the block and scored a fast paced and accurate try and SPLC struggled to find their way back. They were shocked and by the time they pulled themselves together with a couple of their own tries, Pats were able to keep enough control to stay ahead.
The nine point win in the end came down to SPLC not showing up for the first 15min and being shown up by a dedicated Pats team.
I love the red and white jumper and I think this team has a lot of talented players but they don't play as a team and that's why they can't be considered contenders. They have Marist next week and it will be interesting to see how they back up, my feeling is it will be a 20-30 point scoreline against them but I live in hope.

ajb

Frank Row (1)
As an old boy of SPLC, I headed out to yesterday's game with high hopes. The two blowout scorelines from the first two rounds showed a promising team who could maybe strive for the top. Last week's scoreline against SLC was a little worrying though. Was this team starting to believe their own publicity? Were the blow out scores just hiding deficiencies that the better schools would uncover? Or was this a team who could challenge Marist and Padua for top billing?
The talk before the game was all about how good the SPLC forwards were, how much firepower their backs had and how Pats needed to play above and beyond to even come close.
Within five minutes of the game starting, all theories were blown and all questions were answered. SPLC played like a team who were used to having it easy. They showed up thinking this would be a mere speedbump in the road while the Pats 15 stepped up and did their jerseys proud.
Pats jumped out of the block and scored a fast paced and accurate try and SPLC struggled to find their way back. They were shocked and by the time they pulled themselves together with a couple of their own tries, Pats were able to keep enough control to stay ahead.
The nine point win in the end came down to SPLC not showing up for the first 15min and being shown up by a dedicated Pats team.
I love the red and white jumper and I think this team has a lot of talented players but they don't play as a team and that's why they can't be considered contenders. They have Marist next week and it will be interesting to see how they back up, my feeling is it will be a 20-30 point scoreline against them but I live in hope.

ajb

Frank Row (1)
Whilst I agree with the majority of what you have said Sposa.
I would point out that inside the first ten minutes the Peters no 3 was taken out in an illegal late hit .He was making Pats no 1 look very poor in the opening scrums. If he would have made the diffference who knows, but definitely impacted their game.
Great that the boys got back to within 4 points near the end
.Lots of high shots from Pats .Ref should have have been a little less afraid of using his yellow card.Pats pressure did rattle Peters composure I agree.
Marist next week who knows one week at a time .

ruggerman21

Frank Row (1)
Correction: Sunday Mail has Padua 73 d SEC 0.

SEC competed for about 10 mins but after that were no match for Padua. Most of the first half was played deep inside SEC's half.

The second half saw Padua make loads of changes with most of the bench getting a run. In the second half SEC competed at the breakdown but unfortunately it was only for about 10 minutes. SEC had very few chances of scoring points but their best chance came from a break deep inside their own half only for the Padua fullback to make the tackle - about 40 metres from the Padua try line! Very sad that SEC's best chance of a try ended 40 metres short. At most times, SEC looked absolutely clueless with ball in hand.

Padua's best were 1,3,4,6,12 & 13 with the 9 & 10 both playing well.

Padua went into the game missing four first choice players including Liam Usher and Michael Wood (arm in a sling and I have been told he is out for the season with a tendon problem).

IMO Padua are a well trained and well drilled side that will take a lot to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.