• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
If games occur tomorrow players from Pats to watch are -
#11 Jack Stevens
#2 Callan Waterford
#1 Edmund Morven
This is these fellas last chance to make a bid for AIC 1 so they will defineitly be playing hard.
This is in conjunction with the fly-half who has almost surely already earned a spot in the team.

Rumor mill also says that the #7 from last year will be making a return from injury. I think his name is Dowd O'Connor.

Square Bear

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know whats the go if the games do get canceled? Do all schools call off their games? or do certain schools play while others do not?
As I understand it, if anyone of the fields is unplayable then all games are canceled, and points will be shared. Announcement to be made 6am on Sat morning.

Jerome Caino

Frank Row (1)
St Laurence's will have a very strong First XV side next year, with there U16's currently undefeated even after losing 4 players to the firsts. Some young talent to watch for, Julian Hoger-Palmer (Fullback) and Adam Walter (Number 8).

15manHagar

Frank Row (1)
Unfortunate about the rain yesterday, as that would have sorted out the rankings for 2016.

Marist would have wanted to rescue their season with a win against Pats, while Pats seemed quietly confident of inflicting a third loss to MCA this year.

Either way, congrats to Padua who are now the back-to-back premiers, with next week now a grand final week, deciding if SPC and SPLC can share it with them.

Old Mate1010

Frank Row (1)
St Laurence's will have a very strong First XV side next year, with there U16's currently undefeated even after losing 4 players to the firsts. Some young talent to watch for, Julian Hoger-Palmer (Fullback) and Adam Walter (Number 8).

They will also be joined by the likes of Angus Dean, Billy Rutherford, Will Adams and Nick sheehan. Creating a very imposing team

Jerome Caino

Frank Row (1)
So I've been apart of the rugby community for over 20 years now, and two weeks ago I watched the Lauries 16a's play the St Pats 16a's. While watching I took particular interest in the starting blindside flanker. His work rate was consistently outstanding, constantly making tackles, contesting rucks and working his ass off. this player, if anyone knows his name, is outstanding and will no doubt be a player to look out for in the future.

Joe Bloe

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone give Peters a chance this weekend?

St Peters need to man up in the forwards this week if they have any chance of winning. They did this against Ashgrove and resulted in them winning the game. It will be a lot tougher than Ashgrove though, and they also need to have very strong defence. The Backlines will go head to head as being the flashiest back lines in the comp, and if St Peters hold on in the forwards I believe their backs could finish it off for them. Overall I think it should be a very tough game and if St Peters do this they have a chance to win.

Stan Wickham (3)
With the end of the season only 1 round away, would anyone like to have a crack at the AIC 1 Team

harriez_94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Question unrelated to the player. Whats with the red and blue kit Marist are wearing in that? Is that the Rosalie colours?

Yeah that's their Rosalie jersey. Apparently BLK have mucked them around and they haven't even played in their actual jerseys yet.. They've been using their training jerseys all season.. Pretty disappointing for them. Not sure if it's happened to any other schools .

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Question unrelated to the player. Whats with the red and blue kit Marist are wearing in that? Is that the Rosalie colours?

Cerise and Blue are the traditional colours of the Marist order, hence why Joeys in Sydney use those colours and why Rosalie (as the first Marist school in Queenlsand) used to as well.

Ashgrove tends to wear the Cerise and Blue strip on the pre-season tours and in trials.

I'm not sure about the BLK situation, although I know their factory in Fiji was badly damaged in a cyclone at the start of the year playing havoc with orders. Ashgrove were certainly playing in Blue & Gold against Villa and Padua, so I suspect the new First XV jerseys arrived after the Eddies game.

harriez_94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cerise and Blue are the traditional colours of the Marist order, hence why Joeys in Sydney use those colours and why Rosalie (as the first Marist school in Queenlsand) used to as well.

Ashgrove tends to wear the Cerise and Blue strip on the pre-season tours and in trials.

I'm not sure about the BLK situation, although I know their factory in Fiji was badly damaged in a cyclone at the start of the year playing havoc with orders. Ashgrove were certainly playing in Blue & Gold against Villa and Padua, so I suspect the new First XV jerseys arrived after the Eddies game.

Oh right. I was talking to one of the fathers of the players at the Padua game and they said they still hadn't arrived.. Might be a mistake then.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
A bit too much MCA content on YouTube for my liking. They haven't won a comp for years and yet there's first XV promos and player profiles all over the place. Let's do something and then you can plaster social media with your achievements.

Ashgrove have not won a First XV premiership since a lay teacher became headmaster. No disrespect to him because neither has Joeys since the brothers stopped heading that school!

Aicfooty90

Stan Wickham (3)
You're kidding aren't you?

It's high school rugby mate, the kids are just having fun.

If it bothers you don't watch it. Simple as that.

Fencesitter11

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone give Peters a chance this weekend?

last week of tips...here goes
Iona v Villa
The black and white to win at home. Iona has improved over the season and will take out what has been a historically tight and tough fixture. Whilst Villa have dispatched Eddies that does make great reading in their resume for 2016 and a rested Iona will be too strong.
Ashgrove v SLC
Talking of historically tough and tight fixtures – this one not that long ago (ok 10 yrs +), would have been marked as the match of the round if not the season – my how things have changed! Ashgrove will be chomping at the bit to finish a season that did not reach their lofty ambitions on a high. Unfortunately it will be Lauries who cop the brunt of Ashgrove’s attempt of redemption.
St Pats v Eddies
Based on the season – an easy win for St Pats and they will have the extra motivation of that a win will possibly give them a share of the premiership – if results go their way – lots of cheering for SPLC - given this focus it looks to be a long afternoon for the boys from Eddies.
SPLC v Padua
Well done to Padua who no matter the result will be 2016 AIC Rugby Premiers – the only issue will be whether they share it. Padua will be trying to do what they do best – bully sides through their forwards which gives their backs time and space. The small but often maligned forward pack of Peters will need to continue with their dismantling of opposition packs (or at least match them) whilst the backs must capitalise on the opportunities presented – interesting fact for those who espouse the “buying of a team” – over ¾ of the Peters boys started at SPLC in Year 8! I have gone the home teams in close games all season so I will stick here and go for the home team slam!

Good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.