• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR2

Bob McCowan (2)
Lauries put up a good fight but Marist just too good in the end.Some entertaining rugby including a spectacular long range try from Marist.A great run from Wratten,must have beaten half the team before he was brought down.A Standout from Lauries was the no. 11 who was dangerous when he had the ball and tried valiantly all day including an effort when the game was beyond reach running(alone)to charge down the conversion attempt.
At the end of the season Marist were only 5 points behind in 2 games but in reality the 2 games they lost were won by the better team on the day.Well done Padua.

tahs

Bob McCowan (2)
Check out Ben Wicks Photography on Facebook for some sic pics from the Pats games. Give the page a like and support an emerging photographer. Stallard has nothing on this fella.

Does St Edmunds have a similar site ? I am chasing pics of the game against Villa from a few weeks ago

Joe Bloe

Frank Row (1)
Yeah well matey SLC won the trial game.. but I guess you can apologise for being wrong when Lauries beat Ashgrove in round 7.

Just stating that he doesn't have to apologise because the Ashgrove 16 A's beat Lauries 27-12 , it was a tough game and scores were tight at half time 7-5 to Ashgrove. But after the break Ashgrove dominated in every factor and gained metres with ease, all the hype about the Lauries team and some of of their players came to an end as Ashgrove ended up with the win. Lauries were to unfit which led to the fitter Ashgrove team dominating in the latter stages of the game. Should be an absolute thriller next year when the two teams face each other in the projected grand final.

LIKEATIGER

Stan Wickham (3)
Well I've been an avid SLC supporter for the last few years and never have I seen a team as good as the SLC 16's. They have the best structure, determination and skill set in the under 16 comp and even the firsts. After losing 4 players to the firsts, they have really stood up and dominated every game. Their number 8, who benches first XV is the standout player of the entire age group and I believe that all the hype about the Ashgrove team will come to nothing in round 7 when the under 16A premiership is decided. Look for this player next year to make the AIC 1 team and also flanker wearing red and white head gear who dominated the rucks and his running game is superb. The coaches should definitely be the SLC First XV coaches in 2017 because of their work with this side.

LIKEATIGER

Stan Wickham (3)
Matey....Absolutely right the 16A no 8 was outstanding... Marist one that is
A tough game but Ashgrove dominated all over the paddock better
Backs Forwards and tactics score was really flattering for SLC

Stan Wickham (3)
Any word on the AIC 1 team?
Does anyone have the team list or know specific boys who made it?

BoyBoyBoy

Frank Row (1)
Any word on the AIC 1 team?
Does anyone have the team list or know specific boys who made it?
I only know some boy in the AIC 1
1. Eli Latu (SPC)
2. Liam Usher (Padua)
3. St Peters loose head? Or tight head
4. Matt Munday (SPC)
5. Sonny Ah San (Padua)
6. Jeral Skelton (SPC)
7. Iona Flanker
8. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
9. Liam Prendegrast (SPC)
10. Isaac De Flavis (Marist)
11. Peters Wingers
12. Morning Knop (SPC)
13. ????
14. Peters Wingers
15. Padua or Marist Fullbac

Backs not confirmed but forwards have been

Stone Cold Steve

Frank Row (1)
Agree but disagree. In the Firsts sure, but you can't rule out the rise of Padua as the new powerhouse.

Marist will still no doubt come away with the aggregate. So can't say as a whole they would rather forget this year..

Yeah fair point. From a Firsts perspective it was but some good talent coming through in the lower grades.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
So Padua went undefeated in firsts and Lauries undefeated in seconds. Who won thirds?

The game yesterday between Padua and Pats was probably game of the day at Shorncliffe and without doubt one of the best you'd hope to see in 3rd XV for a very long time. The final score was 13 - 10 to Padua but was an intense standoff from the kickoff played in front of literally a full grandstand on the main field at Curlew Park. Though Padua took the biscuits on the day it could have gone either way between these two teams who were clearly the best teams in the 3rds this year. Well done to the Franciscans on winning the premiership.

milkman

Frank Row (1)
The game yesterday between Padua and Pats was probably game of the day at Shorncliffe and without doubt one of the best you'd hope to see in 3rd XV for a very long time. The final score was 13 - 10 to Padua but was an intense standoff from the kickoff played in front of literally a full grandstand on the main field at Curlew Park. Though Padua took the biscuits on the day it could have gone either way between these two teams who were clearly the best teams in the 3rds this year. Well done to the Franciscans on winning the premiership.
The only negative was when the touch judge who was a Padua parent took it upon himself to join the fight at the conclusion of the opening half.
I was lucky enough to witness the game myself as it was around the time of 15As (nephew is on the tam). What an absolute bruiser from Pats and Padua! It was like a game of State of Origin! Crowd was going berserk, big hits, smashing runs. Raw emotion displayed as 30 odd young men went out there to play one last cracker of a game for the bloke beside him. That game showed what schoolboy footy is about. Well done to Padua on their win in that game, showing that the better defensive team won on the day. I must mention that from the kickoff it was a tough battle, with the big Padua kid who caught the ball absolutely steam rolling a few Pats blokes. Watching the game I thought this bloke was gonna have a rampaging blinder, but it wasn't the case as he was on the wing. Would've liked to seen him have a crack in the forwards, because he did put a few of the big Patties boys on their backsides.

Anyone else have thoughts on the game? Or how St Pats firsts went

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I was lucky enough to witness the game myself as it was around the time of 15As (nephew is on the tam). What an absolute bruiser from Pats and Padua! It was like a game of State of Origin! Crowd was going berserk, big hits, smashing runs. Raw emotion displayed as 30 odd young men went out there to play one last cracker of a game for the bloke beside him. That game showed what schoolboy footy is about. Well done to Padua on their win in that game, showing that the better defensive team won on the day. I must mention that from the kickoff it was a tough battle, with the big Padua kid who caught the ball absolutely steam rolling a few Pats blokes. Watching the game I thought this bloke was gonna have a rampaging blinder, but it wasn't the case as he was on the wing. Would've liked to seen him have a crack in the forwards, because he did put a few of the big Patties boys on their backsides.

St Pats 1sts won 89-5 I heard

RugbyLord225

Frank Row (1)

Game was an absolute pearler! Intensity was insane and the physicality would have been the best the 3rd XV comp was seen in a long time. Game was won through sheer determination from the Padua boys but Pats gave it their all. First time id ever seen a 3rds team opt to take 3 and ended up winning them the game. Patties spreading the ball looked dangerous when the forwards were out wide, good job on the Padua 13 for an absolute ripper of a game and shutting them down constantly making very important tackles time after time. The padua boys strung together in the end with about 10 minutes defending their line but gave in at the buzzer.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone want to pick a game of the season and why? Or maybe the top 3 games and why?

Top 2 games of the season without doubt -
SPC 3rd XV v Padua Rnd 7 - Tight, hard, tough play and a textbook example of what schoolboy rugby is all about.

SPLC 1st XV v Padua Rnd 7 - effectively grand final with nail biting finish

Jason Robindon

Frank Row (1)

I to was lucky enough to witness this game and after reviewing the tape you can clearly see the Pats blonde flanker stumbled on Curlews shocking turf before the first hit of the game, otherwise the Padua player would've been flattened no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.